Sign in to follow this  
ninja970y

Player shop / Store

Tbh Player store its useless, in pvp servers, we was thinking is gonna be a virtual market wich player can access different tribe stores from hes land, like any other MMO RPG , a virtual market, right now no point to build a player shop and put stuff inside, if the buyer come to my land he will not spend money to buy my resource, he will just farmed it him self, or else he is stupid, he travel for hours to spend coins??! My suggestion is to revert how was before like in freeport you can buy resource or else do a proper virtual market and have an economy system

• Like 2

You basically own the island the moment you claim it. Build defenses if on a PVP server. Build barriers if on a PVE server. Defend your lands and with it your resources. Thats not to say that the same resources can't be found on another island if they hunt around for it enough. But you have the ability to control what comes off your land. Build that wall Mr.Trump, yar!

Edited by Samuel Wake

Guys, been saying this for awhile PVP is pve with a twist.. you have to make the PVP part. Now with Colonies it just made PVP even more compacted into the PVE.

I am on a 10x private server and already i see what you guys are faced with on Official, you have to create the war, fighting pvp or else it will never happen, and all you do is sit in your little fort under peace time.

Yeah empires, flag spam at least got you pvping right away.

This upkeep system is rather harsh, even for a small/large company upkeep. You rely on alliances to pay the bills.

I too am on a private server with resource boosts and I'm still going to defend my land and it's resources from pirate scum....well, other pirate scum 🙂

And when the time comes that I'm ready, I'm setting sail and starting a ruckus. No way I'm just sitting idle on my island and just getting my tan on. My warship will raid what it wants or go down trying. This is literally an interactive game of Risk and I intend to play it as such.

You guys need to offer something that is worth spending coin on.

No concern, just discussion.

I agree that the shop system needs work. 1400g daily upkeep is beyond ridiculous. But if you want a stronger ability to make money from shop sales, you need to control the resource. If you can't control the resource or limit it's flow...you'll never see a profit from a shop. It's on you to control the economy and steer it in a direction that favors you. It'll take time and it's not going to be easy but as you acquire wealth you acquire more strength to control things in your territory.

Personally I'd like to be able setup shop on my own island. Control port access and limit resource acquisition, then basically funnel people to a shop on a section of land that I monitor and upkeep

tbh our tribe alredy passed the milion gold that is not the point, the point is the playershop is useless

The concept is good. The execution isn't and the sever lack of playerbase doesn't help much either. If the map was booming with players and ships then getting to locations with alternate resources would be more difficult of a journey. But thats not the case. The DEVs are building the game for a dense population, but the game lacks population.

If getting from point A in B5 to point B in D5 was your only way to get X wood and stone, yet getting there meant traversing through territory that was too difficult for you, having a vendor option would be the path to take. But right now the difficulty behind doing so just isn't there yet.

If they were building for a dense server population I do not understand these player shops.  Freeports could potentially have hundreds of them mucking things up.  Shopping would be a nightmare as you look and compare prices. 

Ironwood is 5g per here, but it was 4g per at that other vendor.

*spin around looking back at where he came from and sees 150 player shops*

Which one was it?  18th on the right?  CRAP!

In vino veritas. 

I am just reminded of how it was handled in Shadowbane.  Essentially people setup cities with huts and an NPC in them.  They anyone to go there and gave people who wanted to sell there permission to use a hut with an NPC inside that handled the transaction.  The city owner got a cut of the sales.  Tax if you will to pay for the city upkeep and make a profit.  It worked on that scale, but was still a pain as you had to go hut to hut looking for what you want and if multiple huts had it you had to compare prices to get the best deal.  Thats when you had to go back and remember which hut you found the product.  It was annoying.  Centralized local markets like Eve are a much smoother game mechanic. 

On 4/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, ninja970y said:

tbh our tribe alredy passed the milion gold that is not the point, the point is the playershop is useless

Can i join u guys? haha I got raided and lost both my ships, dont feel like starting over again solo.

Playershops are not useless. Selling Materials is not worth it but selling Blueprints or crafted unique items would call some money but not to the island your building on ... Playershop are made to be placed on Freeports where noone can raid them to get the stuff for free. 

Having a Virtual MarketPlace like in other MMO would be usefull but doesnt fit to Pirates. 

The only realy bad thing about the Playershops is it´s upkeep fee that eats your gold faster than it comes in.

I think there should be some system like an auction house in other mmo's - those could be placed at freeports but they are all synchronized with each other.
You'd still have to bring the gold to the freeport and ship items off after purchase. I find it's an important part of strategy and risk gameplay that you have to travel around with the items instead of just finding them in some random inbox/mail.

In the current form the player shop would work fine for PVE, -- IF they would remove the 48 hour decay when you place it somewhere other than a Freeport. There is no need for decay if it's in your own colony.

There are plenty of resources worth selling. I know many players that are gold rich that would buy resources rather than gather them.  Some good examples of goods:

• Wood, Fiber, Thatch <-- for blueprint builds.
  • Mythos
  • Cooked specialty food
  • Treasure maps for your region
  • Rare recipe/taming ingredients - Honey, Turnips, Beets
  • Ready made Ship parts - for repair or building kits.
  • Seeds
  • Etc.

A way to sell ships or animals would be great!!!

In its current form it's WAY too expensive -- 60 gems and 70 gold for something that lasts 48 hours (with no foot traffic). There is no way to make a profit. In this form, what's the point??

20190502203324_1.jpg

I don't fully understand how the store works in it's current form...

If you place items in the shop, and it decays after 48 hours, do you loose all those items?

In the screenshot, it shows 0 gold charged every 3600 minutes. Did they ninja change the ridiculous gold upkeep cost of 1400 gold/day???

ive got bamboozeld the other day at a freeport by one of these player shops... ive never seen one before and was omw to buy npc crew for newly build ship…. so i went over there and there was no one around to be seen… so ilooked inside and there was some oil in it... and i was like well if no one is around i might aswell take it lol.... so i was omw happy that i just got my favorite thing.. something free… and all of a sudden i couldnt buy npcs and i was like wtf i had 500 gold but now 0... then i realized what just happened lol xD

Does anybody know what costs to have a player shop on freeport and on other islands now? And can you tell how to build it? In my opinion btw for a 1 or 2 person company players player shop are very very useful, where you cannot make a weapon or some other tools and now you can find and buy it. its great!

Player shops suck because they are hard to find and if we had a large player population it would be a huuuuuuuuge mess.  Its a small structure you place on land.  Depending how people land on a specific island they might easily miss it and I am not making a run to all free port islands and search the entire damn island each time in the hopes I find what I am looking for.  Its dumb and a waste of time.

Yeh I'm hoping for a proper pyrate tavern that we can buy beer and goods from. A stall just isn't pyraty enough.

I wrote it once and can repeat it here again: player shops in such a huge world will never work. As you said: hard to find and mostly empty. And who the hell is moving to the decay shipkilling  freeport to check if there is a shop?

They should act as an access to a auctionhouse, where you can buy resources from the other end of the map without sailing there and loose one or more days.