Sign in to follow this  
Sherman Chui

Remove the PvE Claim System

This is to suggest to remove the Claim System for PvE. It seems that it is no meaning to have a claim system to challenge the environment, e.g. the ghost ships and the NPC's........ Just keep to allow building anywhere is OK I think..... 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

This would be better than what it is now. Smaller companies are all taking up the lawless now since the claim system is complete crap.

• Like 1

Yea claim system just blows , as alot of small islands were bought up by 1 company really sucks for smaller companies

Edited by Luxfere
  • Like 1

Why go to lawless, way more space on claimed land.

Try communicating with people in the game it is multiplayer, find that governor that want's people to increase his tax timer.

They will build ramps and routes up to those hard to reach resources, won't cost you anything and they'll get some taxes to compensate.

Who'd of thought an MMO where communication and cooperation is a requirement for getting better faster.

(Do you recall the plans they had for lawless? that didn't make it into the game yet. It might still be coming). 

• Like 4

I would suggest they close Empires, as failed experiment, has less then 10% of population next lowest population (has 79 players right now, vs 1733, 2889, and 2097) and re-open as NA-PVE with all lawless.    People that want claims, will still have EU-PvE.

They absolutely need structure maintenance to minimize floor/pillar spam.    Hope that is coming soon, as was a key method of assisting PvE control it.

I feel that given the choice any PvE player that does not own an island will move to NA-PvE followed by the small groups that do own islands as owning and island is a pain as well when your group isn't getting taxes from other players.    Large groups will remain in EU-PvE as they can afford the islands with normal play and the two servers will have very different personalities. 

Edited by José Gaspar

On 4/17/2019 at 6:24 PM, Jack Shandy said:

Try communicating with people in the game it is multiplayer, find that governor that want's people to increase his tax timer.

They will build ramps and routes up to those hard to reach resources, won't cost you anything and they'll get some taxes to compensate.

Who'd of thought an MMO where communication and cooperation is a requirement for getting better faster.

(Do you recall the plans they had for lawless? that didn't make it into the game yet. It might still be coming). 

Because every single claimed land I've seen in PVE EU is 20% tax. Completely ridiculous to live and pay 20% tax. I live in NY and pay 20% tax as it is haha..Thats why NY is the largest exiting population state. Lawless=no tax. If the tax was 5%, maybe 10%..sure. But 20? No effing way. If a isle has good resources, we throw up a quick building with a bed and go on our way. The new claim system is complete garbage. When we stop at an isle with high tax, we farm the special resources and get the essentials at lawless isles instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Because every single claimed land I've seen in PVE EU is 20% tax. Completely ridiculous to live and pay 20% tax. I live in NY and pay 20% tax as it is haha..Thats why NY is the largest exiting population state. Lawless=no tax. If the tax was 5%, maybe 10%..sure. But 20? No effing way. If a isle has good resources, we throw up a quick building with a bed and go on our way. The new claim system is complete garbage. When we stop at an isle with high tax, we farm the special resources and get the essentials at lawless isles instead.

Tax is additive now in pve, you do not loose anything, it just gives the land owner 20% of what ever you farm from thin air and doesnt take it from you

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jabnlab said:

Tax is additive now in pve, you do not loose anything, it just gives the land owner 20% of what ever you farm from thin air and doesnt take it from you

apart from gold during treasure runs...... you'll be giving away 20%  😞  

On 4/17/2019 at 6:24 PM, Jack Shandy said:

Because I don't feel like putting the time and effort into building a base where the owner could evict us on a whim... what I learned from my time on earth is that people are assholes, especially when they are hidden behind the curtain of the internet.

21 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

the tax doesnt come out of your farming as per the patch notes on pve , try reading and keeping up with the changes 

10 minutes ago, Telly said:

Because I don't feel like putting the time and effort into building a base where the owner could evict us on a whim... what I learned from my time on earth is that people are assholes, especially when they are hidden behind the curtain of the internet.

only for the first 24 hrs of soemthing being placed , u want to be safe go buil don one of the larger unclaimed islands , they wont be claimed anytime soon 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

Didn't realize landlords only had 24 hours to veto your builds... guess that would work.

1 hour ago, Telly said:

Didn't realize landlords only had 24 hours to veto your builds... guess that would work.

main reason i set up on one of the high point islands , very unlikely to be claimed soon and now my main base has been up for few days now its safe from any future owners , 

2 hours ago, UDO said:

the tax doesnt come out of your farming as per the patch notes on pve , try reading and keeping up with the changes 

Well, I used to but since they completely F'ed the game, I don't bother anymore. This must be a recent change since we did test and it was costing 20%. Thanks for being a douchebag though, every forum needs one and you fit it pretty well.

I think companys should be limited on islands that  can be owned.

Shouldn't be able to buy 10 small islands

I could see 2 islands period

Pick your size you can afford

On 4/17/2019 at 1:54 PM, =MGC=Ranger said:

This would be better than what it is now. Smaller companies are all taking up the lawless now since the claim system is complete crap.

So you want big companies taking lawless areas?

taxes dont come out of your harvest, communicating with other people is key, you can find good "landlords" removing the claim system would just lead to spamming pillars and foundations, smaller companies that are eu pve are already doing it on islands they dont have the points to claim.