Sign in to follow this  
kolonelu

While we were dealing with claim.........................

While we were thinking about making bigger companies, getting more points, claiming more resources on the islands,gathering gold from the sea, 2 gold, and counting 6 hours to gather 130 gold, smart boys went straight to the lawless islands, and took a quarter or a half of the island, have mounted hundreds of foundations, and now they are quiet on islands with full resources, do not pay any taxes, they have huge constructions without fear of being demolished, have decay time 10 days, TEN DAYS, without fear of not having gold to pay the taxes, and we beat each other for small islands and little resources,,,,

WHERE IS THE DAMAGE OF STRUCTURES ON LAWLESS ISLANDS?

WHY THEY DONT SOLVE THE SPAM FOUNDATIONS?

WHY TO LIVE ON A STUPID ISLAND TO PAY GOLD EVERY 12 HOURS? 

Images from K9, i have a lot of pictures but system dont allow more than 200 kb STUPID ! better 2 MB

lawless 1a.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You do not pay taxes anymore...

You do not live in fear that your building will be destroyed after 24 hours.

Yes They need to add what they said they would add @Jatheish No Repair High Damage over time on LAWLESS.

However... They seem to tell us alot of things then do none of them.

Just now, Pax said:

You do not pay taxes anymore...

You do not live in fear that your building will be destroyed after 24 hours.

Yes They need to add what they said they would add @Jatheish No Repair High Damage over time on LAWLESS.

However... They seem to tell us alot of things then do none of them.

Yes, because if you see that your players prefer to live on lawless, you should punish them severely for that!

Bad players!  Bad!  No!  Stop having fun in ways that we didn't mean for you to have fun.  This is OUR sandbox, not yours.

I have no problem with you living on a lawless... Untill you spam like this.. Stopping others from living there just so you can claim to own a free island.... Law less have always been ment to be a staging point to move out and find another island.. However they have turned in to a squatters paradise.  Even now you can go live on an island you pay no taxes, After 24 hours noone can delete you home/base No one will mess with you. But no they move to lawless block off 1/2 an island with spamming and say im king of this island while other peopel have to work to keep an island.

The reason I went to lawless is because I heard people who take over the island can demolish everything you build within a certain time, I wasn't prepared to waste hours of gameplay only for someone to come along and plant a flag then go around demolishing for their own benefit.

I would live on other islands but not until they fix it, small companies can't even put a flag down on an island apparently? (never tried) so what is the point? it's tailored towards large companies at the moment and I have no intentions of joining a large company, I work for myself, always have done.

First thing I did was exactly what you said, head straight to lawless, put foundations down mapping an area for my base, so did my neighbour who beat me to it when I got there so it seems most had the right idea or knew what was coming, I certainly did.

10 day timer I was surprised at I have to say, I was happy enough with the 4, no idea what it's set to 10 right now but that will only sway people to build on lawless yes.

Edited by DannyUK
  • Like 1

you can build really close to someone on lawless. someguy can come in and put shipyards all around you ships blocking them in. can come in and build a wall around your base then your fucked. if you don't like people spamming foundations every where go block them in.  In that pic you posted can go and post pillers in between them foundation then the guy wont be able to build. lawless is trash. Gold is very easy to get use a bear and do treasure maps. you can alsp spam those little flags all over those foundations. 

It seems to me that most people made it clear they did not like the new claim system before it came out. It was clear people didn't want landlords. The devs went that way anyway. 

Time after time I am left with a total loss of understanding of the devs plans or direction in Atlas. 

2 hours ago, Pax said:

This sounds just like the FOY system. Most don't like it but we will force you to play the game the way we want you to play it! If not, we will make your avatar look like crap. Live with that!

Rather then spending your time trying to screw over those that live on lawless, spend it stating how you don't like the current system. People didn't want it before it was released and people don't like it now that it has been released. 

Its too bad that this dev team beats bad ideas like a dead horse, trying to make it run.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Buck Rider said:

It seems to me that most people made it clear they did not like the new claim system before it came out. It was clear people didn't want landlords. The devs went that way anyway. 

Time after time I am left with a total loss of understanding of the devs plans or direction in Atlas. 

This sounds just like the FOY system. Most don't like it but we will force you to play the game the way we want you to play it! If not, we will make your avatar look like crap. Live with that!

Rather then spending your time trying to screw over those that live on lawless, spend it stating how you don't like the current system. People didn't want it before it was released and people don't like it now that it has been released. 

Its too bad that this dev team beats bad ideas like a dead horse, trying to make it run.

The lawless has not changed... This was the problem we had in OLD PVE.. 1 person taking a massive part of lawless for themselves. Others left with out a place to build on LAwless... HOWEVER before they couldn't claim a place to build due to the claim system... NOW you can build on ANY island... And after 24 hours NOONE can do shit to you... Cant delete you home. Cant block you in. Cant tell you want to do..  and most island owners are BEGGING people to come live on their island. 

AND NOW.. your not even Taxed!!

The actual area the foundation can block is ridiculously small , i have seen it first hand and almost got walled off by another person , we did talked it out and went merit way .

No one actually spam foundation the entire island , only the area they live , don't make such claim as stupid as spam foundation the whole area .

For the claimed island , the problem is with the land lord , no one know if the land lord is a nice person or a troll who will abuse the hell out of his authority , pretty much the same problem , on lawless island you don't know your neighbor , on settlement you don't know your land lord .

2 hours ago, Pax said:

The lawless has not changed... This was the problem we had in OLD PVE.. 1 person taking a massive part of lawless for themselves. 

That wasn't the only problem we had with the old pve.  Most of the people I knew on lawless were there because they couldn't find a claim.  That wasn't even the only problem in lawless.  At my location, people weren't trying to take a massive part for themselves, they were just trying to be nasty to other players and grief them by blocking their ships, spamming around them or building over key resources.  

2 hours ago, Pax said:

HOWEVER before they couldn't claim a place to build due to the claim system... NOW you can build on ANY island... And after 24 hours NOONE can do shit to you... Cant delete you home. Cant block you in. Cant tell you want to do..  and most island owners are BEGGING people to come live on their island. 

AND NOW.. your not even Taxed!!

People wanted a claim, they didn't want to just build on some other random person's claim.  Why do you think island owners are begging people to come live there?  Nobody wants to do that.  It's also wrong to say after 24 hours no one can do shit to you.  They can destroy each thing you build 24 hours after you build it.  I don't think there are many people who build everything in one day and then just never change it.   Every single time you spend the time to gather mats at 1x, and spend all day trying to put up a dock or an animal barn, or anything at all, that's another 24 hours the landlord can decide to wreck your stuff.  Even after you have everything built, the landlord or one of the other tenants can build right up next to you or block your ships or or otherwise wreck your spot.

Nobody wants it. Nobody wants to be at the mercy of some unknown player on a pve server.  Everybody just wants a claim.

I don't know about "nobody" wants it.  Yes, my company has a claim.  We discussed it before the patch came out. I wanted to find a nice island owner and be a tenant.  It's the truth.  I didn't want the hassle of upkeep or keeping up with foundation spam or everything else that goes with it.  We could pick any area we wanted...temperate, tropics wherever our hearts desired. As a company we decided we did want to have a claim and we'd work as a team to handle the responsibility.  I posted earlier we have settlers we have never spoken too.  We checked to make sure they weren't building over any important spawns or being jerks and we've let them do their thing.   They both have plenty of room to expand and we have zero issues with it.  We still have room for more people. 

I think people need to give it a chance and try to have an open mind.  

People just need to have more faith in the system and stop assuming every landlord is going to be 90% troll.

I spawned on the island I intended to live on, and have been building there ever since. After a few days someone claimed the island and haven't had any issues with them whatsoever. My structures are safe, I don't even give building a second thought, I just do it, as I have no concerns about it at all.

My landlord has tax set at 12% instead of 20% and I actually think to myself, why not just put it on 20% because i'm not paying anything towards it anyway.

People keep claiming claimed land is for slaves, yet there is no slavery because we don't even pay taxes, just like lawless.

We have 10 day decay timer, I thought it was odd that lawless got it too, i'd prefer claimed land to be 14 days though.

People that claim islands need to pay gold for the claim, that gold isn't paid by the tenants, so they've got to constantly farm gold to keep the claim. Therefore, landlords will want as many people building on their land in order to increase the gold payment interval so that they don't have to pay the gold so frequently. If a landlord trolls their tenants they likely won't afford the claim upkeep for long, so they have every reason to be good.

I know the community can be bad and people troll, but people also need to have more faith. This claim of having to settle on lawless because you don't want to be a tenant over fear of structures being destroyed is silly, because the chances of that happening are very very slim.

• Like 1

There is a command to remove every structure owned by company.  Admins should use this when encountering the rediculous floor spam.  No warnings, that time has passed.

I live on a lawless island, went there as soon as the game updated and I could get in the game. My company is VERY active everyday and there are 8 of us in the game almost daily for at lest 4 hrs a day together yet 8 players aren't enough to "Claim" a decent island. We're spreading out a little and we are building on unclaimed islands but will keep the lawless island as our resource hub. We're guilty of the "foundation spam" we've put them all around our area on the island and around each resource so nobody else can build over them. We really could care less who else comes on the lawless island, we realize we don't OWN anything. I think the claim system is a little harsh if we're not able to purchase a lvl 57 island. I'm pretty sure this contributes to many more companies out there (little guys the devs said they were helping) who simply aren't interested in focusing on a owned island as a primary home in our Atlas. Now reading in the forums how it's so expensive to manage a claimed island in both time and gold, perhaps we're all better off living lawless, using the other islands when we need to for taming pens, special resources etc and carrying on. What would that do to the island owners? I'm afraid it might force the devs into a different direction with island claims. I personally am not worried about a "landlord" trolling, there are simply to many islands out there with the resources we need we can find elsewhere. Perhaps someone should post a thread giving details about their island and who to contact about setting up trade and a community there. I would be much more interested in that! That's something I've missed or is missing here from those who do own islands. 

Why pick your island? Put it out there and market it! People will come.