Sign in to follow this  
Puppies4ever

Abandoned ships......please not again

Since we owned our island we had a boat in our harbor blocking a lot of space. We never saw the owner of the boat and it didnt move for nearly 1 week now. Actually he lost only 5 hitpoints on 1 plank.

Any idea how to handle it? Pre wipe abandoned ships was a big problem and i was sure that they will change something. Maybe they did, dont know.

Any tips?

• Like 1

There should be a decay timer on it. I believe that you should be able to demolish it after the timer has run out. I think the time is set to 10 days

...or after decay timer our - it should just disappear. At least DEVs told us before wipe, that if you not getting your boat in the line of your side for a while, it'll disappear.

(we got one near base as well)

Overweight the ship. Put a lot of Stones in a smity or players in the ship until you sink it. You Will know is working When a yellow icon is over the ship.

Edited by Emanuel a

Or drag a SoTD into range.  I've "accidentally" gotten another companies ships sunk doing this while running from them.  Saving cannonballs after a long trip and did not want to waste it on low level ships.  It was an accident that I did not mind since the company was someone we were not friendly with.  I found out after the fact who they were.  🙂 

15 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

Since we owned our island we had a boat in our harbor blocking a lot of space. We never saw the owner of the boat and it didnt move for nearly 1 week now. Actually he lost only 5 hitpoints on 1 plank.

Any idea how to handle it? Pre wipe abandoned ships was a big problem and i was sure that they will change something. Maybe they did, dont know.

Any tips? 

Far as I know from, 3 days you can take the boat. 

Owner needs to be offline in these 3 days.

Questions that need to be answered as well.  Is this PvP or PvE server?  Official? 

I assume PvE as in PvP we would have sunk it right away. 

If its PvE can ships be taken?  How does that claim mechanic work? 

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Questions that need to be answered as well.  Is this PvP or PvE server?  Official? 

I assume PvE as in PvP we would have sunk it right away. 

If its PvE can ships be taken?  How does that claim mechanic work? 

If it is PVE they can do nothing other than wait and hope that they don't log in to render the ship and reset the timer. There is no weight bombing, dragging SOTD (won't attack anchored unless fired upon by that ship), claiming, or any of the other fine glitches people have managed to find to sink ships in pve.

Right now if you have someone who is obviously griefing you, you can submit a ticket and Jax has said as lately as today that they will investigate. The problem won't be fixed if Atlas ever regains it's popularity. No doubt the amount of asshat behavior will exceed their ability to address griefing tickets in a timely manner if that was to happen. If it is just a single boat that is "irritating," doubt much is going to happen even with a ticket.

Edited by UnknownSystemError

For PVE, Jat says to just write a support ticket. What you describe was the complaint in this post, Jat responded, and the OP says "problem solved" after GMs took care of it.