RenWmn

Is the powerstone quest broken now? Edit: 9th island and essence work

UPDATE:  BOTH ARE WORKING SEE ADDITIONAL POSTS

I've been doing a lot of testing the past couple of days.  All of our testing is pointing to the actual powerstones being linked to the unique powerstone islands regardless of the map editor quest coding.  This is why I'm confused that one of the islands (mnt_r_ch_pve) is repeated on official for the 9th powerstone.  I'm going to be working on coding to try to get that island to produce the 9th powerstone with the quest code. I suspect though it isn't going to work.

Has anyone actually retrieved the 9th powerstone from the repeated island after the newest patch?

Also no matter how we try to code the trench or where we put them down we are only getting the 1st power essence from it.  (You can test this if you have a character with all 9 powerstones since it appears essence can be gotten if you have all the stones not finished the first battle.)  Again, it seems like the the actual powerstone and/or essence is tied to the island/trench entity.

Are we potentially short one unique powerstone island and 8 trenches?  Perhaps it is on the list but not finished?   Just driving myself crazy here trying to get something to work that might be impossible at this point in time.

Edited by RenWmn

I was thankfully wrong!  Just got the 9th powerstone from our updated map from a duplicate (Mnt_r_ch_pve) island. 

Now I can help test the trenches for essence on our map as well. 

Oddly enough, I did notice that Mnt_Y_WU_PVE was missing from the official ServerGrid.json, and that PowerStone1 was assigned in a tile without a PVE island. Looks likes strings and bubblegum are holding it together...

• Haha 1

I was able to test the trenches on our map and can confirm that they work as separate entities.  I was able to get two different essence.  The powerstone essence pillar will be located in DIFFERENT locations for each essence it looks like.

Mnt_Y_WU_PVE  exchange Mnt_Y_EU_PVE

I have collected all positions in my opinion.

Check FIle...

PSQuest_A1.5.json

dont understand the problem it's just like before 1.5 ^^

Edited by esditas

On 4/18/2019 at 3:54 AM, RenWmn said:

I was able to test the trenches on our map and can confirm that they work as separate entities.  I was able to get two different essence.  The powerstone essence pillar will be located in DIFFERENT locations for each essence it looks like.

I may be missing something, but if the power stones (PowerStoneIndex custom data) are used to unlock the Kraken, what are the essences for?

Essences are to unlock the hard mode Kraken after the regular Kraken battle. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RenWmn said:

Essences are to unlock the hard mode Kraken after the regular Kraken battle. 

Gotcha, thanks.