Raine

PvE claim system: what would make you quit?

2day I was on my honey search mission, and went to J5  Mulwall Island. While I was gathering resources - guy written in a chat. He told that he built something (it was tames pen) and land owner without a single word just came by and demolished everything.

So caution in EU PVE J5 Mulwall Island. Better not to build there...

Was he an existing tenant or just some random that landed on his island and build a taming pen?  Have they had issues in the past?  I see just as many if not more randoms that do this crap over and over again to annoy people.  They lie, cheat and steal in an effort to stir trouble for the people living on these islands.  They try to spread lies between allies to cause discord.  I see this daily.  It is one of the ways to play this game.  I would not take your word for it off this one single example.  I'd be a fool to believe you. 

3 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

...and remember kids, if you see it on the internet, it must be true.

Correction.  There are only two Oracles in the world.  Facebook and  Trump.  Not in that order.

1 hour ago, Raine said:

Correction.  There are only two Oracles in the world.  Facebook and  Trump.  Not in that order.

And remember kids, never let syphilitic insanity go untreated.

On 4/18/2019 at 4:09 PM, DocHolliday said:

Was he an existing tenant or just some random that landed on his island and build a taming pen?  Have they had issues in the past?  I see just as many if not more randoms that do this crap over and over again to annoy people.  They lie, cheat and steal in an effort to stir trouble for the people living on these islands.  They try to spread lies between allies to cause discord.  I see this daily.  It is one of the ways to play this game.  I would not take your word for it off this one single example.  I'd be a fool to believe you. 

You don't need a taming pen more than a few hours tops, so the code should be written that if the owner wants it gone, it takes 3 hours for the demolish to happen.  Otherwise, the taming will need to be reworked such that pens are absolutely not needed.  That would be a welcome change by me.  How about this...you trap the animal with bola, and load it into a crate.  Then take it back to your base for the taming.  Could even use the tame crate idea I offered, which is really just borrowed code from ARK's cryopods.

On 4/18/2019 at 4:45 AM, José Gaspar said:

MMO does not imply forced grouping with shared assets.  Every MMO that forced grouping for day-to-day play has failed, unfortunately Atlas looks to be going that was as well.     Atlas groups are even more intrusive since it has a commune-style ownership.  

Eve is a total failure?

1 hour ago, Ankhwearer said:

Eve is a total failure?

Eve does not force grouping.  you can exist fine and play mostly solo, while big battles are group, most activities are solo or small groups.

48 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

Eve does not force grouping.  you can exist fine and play mostly solo, while big battles are group, most activities are solo or small groups.

Umm, it doesn’t sounded like you’re very familiar with null sec, which is a large percentage of Eve’s space. Most null sec is governed by large corporations.  While Eve does not force grouping, one’s options and ability to impact the game world are significantly limited if only solo. Atlas might very well be trying to replicate this, where soloing is possible, but limited in its options and scope.

2 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Sorry guys but comparing EVE with Atlas is like comparing apples and pears. and if I look at what EVE can do, it's an insult to compare it to Atlas. Boomervoncannon is right in EVE is most action in the 0 sec. GSF 33800 member, pandemic 18928 member, Test Alliance 17034 member .... and so on. @Jose did you ever try to claim EVE solo Sov? will not go alone the game mechanics does not allow ^ ^ and the most important EVE is for a completely different target group.

• Like 1

Eve is not Atlas, and while your game play in EVE MAY be limited to some extent, it's impossible as a solo in Atlas.  Atlas is about production.  You will be sailing slow in a vanilla ship, while the Megas are running ships way faster than yours, and they will strip panels in one shot.  You WILL be sunk  As a solo player, you can't exist because there is no high security space for you to exist.

I have some friends, married couple, who want to play the game, and tried, but they can't because they only have weekends to play.  Maybe 10 hours on a weekend.  Game does not support that. 

Edited by Captain Jack Shadow