Cpt. Dragoon

Elephant taming

18 minutes ago, Puppies4ever said:

PvE

Weird x)
Can you give him backward his head ? Cause the game tells to put Wheat with 'E', but it does nothing.

I achieved to tame many by front, but still buggy

8 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Next time I tame one, I will record it, and show how I can do this, and it works, and the elephant sometimes doesn't even lash out, and I just use S and W, to move in and out, but the elephant does not react the same each time.  Sometimes it lashes out, and sometimes not.  But the good news is that this is being fixed.

Thats how we do it, in quick and out, been doing it that way since relaunch without issue. We rarely take any damage and haven't built a taming pen since initial launch.

The wheat needs to be in the "0" zero slot on your hotbar.  The safe spot is super super small, but its there on the leg side of the animal.  Feeding from the backside does not work at all last I tried....about a week ago. 

I've found elephants much easier. I stopped using taming pens entirely for them, so there's no danger of wall clipping to prevent feeding on a bad bola. I have 160 hp, wear journeyman plate, with a journeyman bow, and easily tamed some 30s (tamed to 44). Without a pen, you can just stand there waiting for the feed timer. It may thrash around but will not hit you.

Edited by WInslow

2 hours ago, WInslow said:

I've found elephants much easier. I stopped using taming pens entirely for them, so there's no danger of wall clipping to prevent feeding on a bad bola. I have 160 hp, wear journeyman plate, with a journeyman bow, and easily tamed some 30s (tamed to 44). Without a pen, you can just stand there waiting for the feed timer. It may thrash around but will not hit you.

You can do it naked with a Bear to get bis Health down. Just Feed and Go back, you have about a second before he hits you. Super easy.

• Like 1

Patently false.  I will make a video next time.  I suspect the game is not the same for everyone.  Just as I rode a bear of ruin steps every day, and then another company person did it, and fell through the mesh, getting the bear trapped, and thus lost to us, since Grapeshot won't help us get it out.

I and others in our company would walk in, and feed, and stand in the same place, and feed a few times, and then, out of nowhere, the elephant lashes out, and continues to lash out as you try to approach again.

Other times, you move in, and nothing happens...you feed, and press the S key to back out a little bit...then the W key when informed that the timer is about ready for feeding, and as you approach, the elephant lashes out.  If you are lucky, you are close enough to feed, thus interrupting the attack...but this is not always the case.

I am glad they are fixing it, because this was simply absurd.