Sign in to follow this  
twixie

Get rid of lawless area's and have free ports only

they added 40% islands but seems also alot more lawless too nearly whole  E section row is lawless  or free port

they should better  added 1 freeport center map or 5 freeports in a + form over the map so peeps have way more islands to claim as solo peeps now never get a island

• Haha 2

Screw that noise!!  I love Lawless as it is the ONLY thing that makes me remain and play the game. The claim system and "Landlord screwing their tenants" game is a bunch of crap.

Now your suggestion to reduce the amount of "Freeports" makes great sense.

I would also suggest that the devs make us some building materials where we could build our own "Floating Towns" where we have to defend it from raiders and offer wayfaring sailors a chance to dock safely and resupply while out at sea. This would add an entertaining new dynamic to the game and may possibly solve some of the lack of land issues.

Edited by vaylain

If you look at the heat map of player usage, the lawless islands double the average population of claim grids, and the difference is increasing.  At this point I thing NA PvE should open all lawless, leave the claims on EU PvE, for the people that want claims.  I don't think the total  lawless populations is greater than the total claim poulation, but its rapidly approaching it.

1 minute ago, José Gaspar said:

If you look at the heat map of player usage, the lawless islands double the average population of claim grids, and the difference is increasing.  At this point I thing NA PvE should open all lawless, leave the claims on EU PvE, for the people that want claims.  I don't think the total  lawless populations is greater than the total claim poulation, but its rapidly approaching it.

No way, José!

Let them just put back the old system with claim limits.  I don't want to get griefed on lawless the way I did back in the beginning, and the pillar and foundation spam was terrible.

something is wrong with this dude please  dont post  stupid things like this just wow  wow 

26 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

No way, José!

Let them just put back the old system with claim limits.  I don't want to get griefed on lawless the way I did back in the beginning, and the pillar and foundation spam was terrible.

Yes, I have been watching the player number over past 3 days.  Players on lawless grids are rising, and those on claim grids are falling.  total numbers on PvE are steady to slightly rising.

Not arguing the foundation spam is rampant, and something needs to be done, but island level claiming is not currently working, the promised structure maintenance would have helped.   Not to say it won't start working as owners actively court settlers, but right now its the exception for owners.    In general PvE players don't want to be tenants or landlords, they just want their space, the foundation spam is an extension of that desire.   many of the spammed area, the owner will pick up if you ask, but that's if they are available to ask and get approval from there rest of company, which generally not worth the time.

I can't place link, but google "Atlas Player Tracker" and you can find the numbers yourself.

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 1