Sign in to follow this  
Woulfe

Aging Rate

Day 143 and I'm 32 years old, can someone there at wild car please look around your cubicle and see if you can find a calendar then figure out how it works please.

I agree the age progression is way too quick, but your comment about looking around their cubicle for a calendar to figure out how it works is a stupid comment. The age progression works just the same as real life except it is millions faster. It needs to be faster for a game, just not necessarily this fast.

His point is there are 365 days in a year.  In less then half a year in game he has aged quite a bit more.  Real life does not work this way. 

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

His point is there are 365 days in a year.  In less then half a year in game he has aged quite a bit more.  Real life does not work this way. 

I know what his point is, but for them to stick to 365 ingame days to age 1 year then they would need to speed up the day and night ingame a large amount which in itself is stupid. Right now the age has no affect ingame anyway.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

The age thing sucks. I find no enjoyment or sense of entertainment from my toon getting old in fast time like the guy that drank out of the wrong grail. 

In fact its a desincentive for me to even care about what my toon looks like becuase it doesnt matter 2 days later. I spent over an hour on the character creation screen the first time. This time I spent maybe 30 sec.

Nothing stupid about my reference, and I see nothing wrong with 365 game days + 1 year, that's not much time in game

If you go look at their lore you will find you are not on earth, and not even in a universe that has your known physics. They want you to hit 90 monthly so you have a reason to do their "content." The world of Atlas is a flat panel orbiting a dwarf star being sucked in by a black hole. That is why the wind constantly rotates a full clockwise rotation every 6 earth hours. Don't try confusing yourself with that new fangled earth math.

Given how 1st person perspective (pvp) works, and 3rd person (pve) works, I find myself surprised that so many people seem to care much about the cosmetics of aging thing one way or the other. You have to go out of your way to see your character's face, and imo if you spend a lot of time looking at your character's face instead of actually playing the game, that is a pretty weird form of narcissim imo. I understand that a significant number of people seem to care a great deal about this, but tbh I find it to be a minor detail at best. One of those flavor rping things some folks are always on about. Buzzword of the day: immersion.

The debuffs for growing old are a game mechanic and a seperate conversation, but just looking old? Can't say I spend enough time looking at my character's face to care. Also my avi is african american with white hair, so he looks like a badass no matter how old he looks. Just sayin.

Edited by boomervoncannon