Sign in to follow this  
Keins Thallow

Player Freeport Shops UPKEEP COST

Same economical principles they apply to the game itsself aswell 😉 The amount you would have to sell there and the prices youd have to ask for will never work. The game doesnt even have a big enough playerbase to sustain that. Much like the Island points and the whole claim system it seems to be aimed at a playerbase size they already lost long time ago.

I built one on my lawless base in NA PVE, two things I would like to see change in order for this to really work (player shops).

1. Allow player shops to be visible on the player maps so when they enter a zone they can stop at all the player shops and actually SHOP!!! Really would help a lot.

2. We need a currency other than gold, please add the standard breakdown, copper, silver, gold and possibly platinum.

Just my thoughts, but I like the idea of the shops, as of right now they are worthless, no way to advertise "IN GAME".

On 4/16/2019 at 1:29 AM, Keins Thallow said:

Rent is TOO DAMN HIGH!  1 g/ minute to run a shop does not promote the whole trading thing. Just my 2 cents.

Big Sale.

Last week.

You missed it.

(This topic has already been covered in other threads with Jat responding saying they would bring rent down. If I were less lazy I’d link it but I’m not so you’ll just have to trust me.)

There needs to be almost no tax at all.  Maybe none at all.  The game mechanics make it too much effort as it is.  Any tax just removes any incentive.  I'm not saying that because I just don't want a tax on it.  I am saying that because of the actual costs in time, to run those things.  I would like to see the economy make a big impact, but hard to do in a survival game.

You have to understand that there has to be a benefit on both sides, for this to work.  In real life, we can't do everything ourselves, so we have to rely on other people to make things we need, and provide resources we need.  In this game, you or your company mates, can do everything.  You can sail to islands and get what you need.  So...if you are to buy something from a shop, there has to be a benefit in doing so.

I have only seen these shops at a freeport.  This means to sell at them, or buy from them, you have to sail to them.  So that reduces the "no sailing" advantage of buying what you need.  You don't even know what shops are there, what is availabe, or how much it costs.  In most instances, it will likely be more productive to just get the stuff yourselves.

Still don't understand why they don't just have 1 NPC that you goto at freeport to funnel everyone in 1 place or at least have a few dotted around the freeport to cope with any load.

All they have to to is have something where you go up to them, press E and choose option "available shops/company" then it brings up a new window where all available things are for sale and from which company. Have the search bar at the top and if you're after resources or whatever then type it in and it brings up listed companies selling it.

I don't like this idea of shops placed in random places, we trade already without the shop in our area, everyone had to goto the freeport at some point, surely it makes sense to have them all there or the suggestion I made of 1 NPC and a menu option. 

I bought the shop but after seeing my neighbours upkeep cost I stuck it in the box, never even bothered with it, waste of time right now.

It would be nice, if there is an marketplace or auction house instead of the player shop.

A global system like in games like WoW, aion or Diablo a.e.

Then with the craftable shop u can get access to them. Maybe with a fix upkeep for the shop or with taxes by buing or selling some stuff.

How about no upkeep cost at all and just take a percentage (tax) from every sale? And vary the tax rate based on island claim value or population.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kast said:

How about no upkeep cost at all and just take a percentage (tax) from every sale? And vary the tax rate based on island claim value or population.

Excellent suggestion.