Sign in to follow this  
crimsonredwolf

Water Barrels not filling up

Server G10 EU PvE

Water Barrels placed in the open aren't actually filling up. They have the drink option on the wheel dial and when you click you hear the sound of gulping but your water level does not increase. There is no image of water in the barrel at all.  Water Reservoirs are also not filling up water.  This is a tropical zone so I'm, not sure if there should be rain falling.  

Even if not there should be an option to get water there. Desert sectors have the same problem  i know that desert is like that - without rain. But there have to be an option for areas to get water where is is not raining, we cant farm crops.

Pre-patch, the barrels and reservoirs filled up slowly - even in desert - when nobody was in render distance.
As Crimsonredwolf said, I can confirm that now the barrels and reservoirs don't fill up anymore, but you have the option to drink and you don't increase the water level.
So for me, it looks like a bug, as it had clearly worked before.

But nevertheless, you can farm your crops.
When you dig with the shovel for water and and don't fail on the minigame, you get 600 water - enough to fill 3 water reservoirs or one large crop plot.
Once the crop plots are full with water, the plants hardly need water, so with a little bit of extra work, you theoretically can farm your crops, although the start will of course be annoying.

That actually a lot extra work if you want to have a farm that has all the veggies in the game. Just to work around a bug, it great they made them hold more just wish ours would hold something! We haven't had any water since the start of the newest beta.  I've moved barrels to make sure they weren't under any structures. Rebuilt barrels to make sure it just wasn't that barrel, logged off at night and then logged on the next day to be the only one on the island - still no water. I just wasn't sure if our serve was the only one experiencing this.

Edited by crimsonredwolf

Ill take a look at this, but I know reservoirs were changed to not fill up from rain. They should only be gaining water from a body of freshwater. As for the water barrel, give me a few minutes to check it out. Thanks!