JadedGamer

Do settlers decrease island upkeep?

Does having settlers not decrease your island upkeep?

We recently decreased our tax rate and shortly after a group of 2 showed up asking for permission to build some thing small. We agreed so they set up a small farm base with a taming pin ect. We are getting resources but our island upkeep is the same. 

Yeah our upkeep is the same also. Tho I haven't checked it may be the time period between payments and not the amount of gold. Can anyone confirm this?

• Thanks 1

isnt it the time between the upkeep cost similar to crew , cost is same just duration i.e 1 settler = x gold per 1 hour , 2 settler= x gold per 1.3 hours?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, UDO said:

isnt it the time between the upkeep cost similar to crew , cost is same just duration i.e 1 settler = x gold per 1 hour , 2 settler= x gold per 1.3 hours?

Pretty sure it works like this. Having more settlers does not change upkeep amount, changes the payment interval.

• Thanks 1

sorry for offtopic but u ppl have islands.

when i go to an island to claim is the showed gold ammount the daily fee? or every12?

Edited by DeBruns

We payed around 360 gold for claiming the island. The upkeep cost is 274 gold every 12h (without a settler on). 

It's very expensive on the first look. But when u got a company (and u need 10ppl in your company to claim an island this big) it's easy made. 

Farmed a few treasures yesterday and got some gold for ~3 days. Time enough to hunt whales or build around houses and ships.

30 minutes ago, DeBruns said:

where do i pay the tax for the island? Flag or bank?

You won't.  The taxes are generated and auto deposited into their bank when you farm resources.

3 minutes ago, 8ball said:

You won't.  The taxes are generated and auto deposited into their bank when you farm resources.

im mean the gold costs if i own a island

11 minutes ago, DeBruns said:

im mean the gold costs if i own a island

Oh, I'm sorry. In that case, gold can be deposited in the flag or bank by accessing invenory

1 minute ago, 8ball said:

Oh, I'm sorry. In that case, gold can be deposited in the flag or bank by accessing invenory

thx u very much

Where's the bank placed when I claim an island? Where the flag is, somewhere in the center or where?

How do you conquer an island? Destroy a bank? Destroy a flag?

You claim an island by pressing F1 with the proper gold amount. After the flag is dropped it acts like a tax bank. You don’t need a tax bank. You may want one if you place your flag on top of a mountain somewhere. 

You take over an island by placing your claim flag inside their flags circle. If you press H you can see the circle. Now you have to keep all the old owners out of that circle. 

17 hours ago, JadedGamer said:

After the flag is dropped it acts like a tax bank. You don’t need a tax bank.

Can you confirm this?  I thought you had to have a bank if you claimed an island?  If the flag acts the same as the bank then why not place the flag right outside the base and save yourself the space of a bank?

I can confirm you do not need the Tax Bank, everything goes into the flag. Now what is interesting is what the gentleman said earlier. You can place a Tax Bank and it goes in there instead. That is interesting i wonder if then you can take the gold out of the bank, because right now you can take everything out of the bank except gold.

20 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

Can you confirm this?  I thought you had to have a bank if you claimed an island?  If the flag acts the same as the bank then why not place the flag right outside the base and save yourself the space of a bank?

Ive yet to have a bank and we claimed the island on the first day after the system was wiped