Sign in to follow this  
DeBruns

Elephant Taming

Sometimes It's buggy. After taming an elephant yesterday, we wanted a second one. After six or seven tries, I killed him. It was not possible to feed him. Also not outside of the taming box on a free plane.

Maybe tonight again 🤔

Yup, seems to be buggy (submitted a bug report as well).

They seem to not take food when you press "E" even though it says "Press E to feed"

26 minutes ago, DeBruns said:

is it buggy? we cant feed after bola him

Girrafe and Elephant  having trouble with food to tame in new  update.

They are attacking very easily when they have to come close to feed.  

Developers need fix.

u cannot  feed through walls anymore this was patched a while ago,

use pillars or fence for your taming pen walls the doorways make it next to impossible ,also raising your pen so u are underneath the elephants , rhinos , giraffes u can feed without getting hit have tamed multiple larger tames with a raised taming pen 

we maked 3 free tames and it goes ok when u beware of the hits

so lvl 27 18 and 11 ( wild lvl)  now ours 🙂

Edited by DeBruns

Tame with a bear out in the open.  I hate using taming pens anymore.  Lot of aggressive creatures?  Do it with someone else on a tame to protect you. 

You can easily tame elephants without a taming pen. Stay behind his front legs and make sure  he’s laying on his left and you should be good. 

Edited by Percieval

Use billboards to block animal. Don't forget demolish them after tame.

16 hours ago, FatalCrazy said:

Girrafe and Elephant  having trouble with food to tame in new  update. 

They are attacking very easily when they have to come close to feed.  

Developers need fix.

Girrafe is still easy on this patch, just dont try to feed from belly side, look way lower then the spine.

8 hours ago, Percieval said:

You can easily tame elephants without a taming pen. Stay behind his front legs and make sure  he’s laying on his left and you should be good. 

We tamed in the open, i tamed with this spot before. You can not get a spot consistently, were u can not be hit, often you have to run in and out to feed him.

Elephant got harder.

22 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Girrafe is still easy on this patch, just dont try to feed from belly side, look way lower then the spine.

We tamed in the open, i tamed with this spot before. You can not get a spot consistently, were u can not be hit, often you have to run in and out to feed him.

Elephant got harder.

Different per person then since I could stay in the spot until it released itself. 

tamed before this 100.6:

- Improved bola offset for feeding Elephant and Giraffe

1 hour ago, Kummba said:

tamed before this 100.6:

- Improved bola offset for feeding Elephant and Giraffe

What is a "bola offset"? There is noch issue with bolas, there is one with feeding. Its not impossible, but annyoing. And beeing annoyed is not fun!

i dont know, just saw that they are onto taming elephant issue somehow.

Hitting or getting the tame (ele / giraffe ) down with the bola was/is also kinda bad, to get a tame down i guesstimate i used 1.9 bolas on average.

Yeh it seems to be an issue with how they fall when bola'd, I've noticed the same problem with bears and bulls, if they're facing kinda downhill from you or angled in just the wrong way, you have to rebola them and just keep trying.

Getting them above you sounds like a really intelligent plan, never occured to me to make a trap like that.  I wonder if trap door ceilings at crouching level or standing level would work.  These bigger animals remind me of taming an oddly landed quetz in ark.  You know the ones that land in the trees and you have to build a platform upto.. 😉

Doing it out in the open with a bear is certainly a viable method, esp with lower level critters.  Doesn't stop the half a mile walk if they get a hit on you tho.  Which reminds me.. *put a bed next to my trap.

Edited by Martyn

I dont had problems with Bulls (1), Bears (6+) and Rhinos (2). Doesnt matter how they fall, even sticking heads into hills. All could be feed while standing in the sweet spot.

Elephants tho, i can not anymore.

Can it be that the character model (mine) makes it different?

3 hours ago, Percieval said:

Different per person then since I could stay in the spot until it released itself. 

🤔