Claim vs Lawless

Both have 10 days inactivity timer, so it doesnt really matter, but:

Claim vs lawless

+ Alpha

+ bigger ressourceblock from buildings

demolish ( +owner / - not owner)

taxes (+ owner / dont mind not owner)

Upkeep (- owner)

---- NOT OWNER Dont use new buildings for 24 hours, if someone claims he can demolish new buildings.

lawless

+ faster ressource respawn

+/- no alphas (tmp mb)

+ almost no ressource block

- spam anyway

- lag if overpopulated/overbuild

+ can not be demolished (except inactivity timer)

Unlclaimed land vs lawless

+ Alpha (tmp mb)

+ bigger ressourceblock from buildings

+ mb less populated, therefore less lag

---- Dont use new buildings for 24 hours, if someone claims he can demolish new buildings.

• Like 1

Claimed islands with landlords, make great outposts... temp stop offs for you travels.   Terrible for landlords as it generates no regular income / revenue.

Our main base / farm zone remains on lawless, we have a secure, safe, large and spam free area with fabulous neighbors.  Couldn't ask for more tbh.  Lucky.

14 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Terrible for landlords as it generates no regular income / revenue.

It does, it reduces their upkeep interval.

2 hours ago, Kummba said:

It does, it reduces their upkeep interval.

Is that good or bad? :classic_huh:

6 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Is that good or bad? :classic_huh:

It's good. It doesn't reduce the interval, it extends it. So for example if lets say you pay 100 Gold per 12hrs, you get more people settle/build on your land then the 12hrs becomes 18 hours (for argument sake) and therefore you pay the 100 less often.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's good. It doesn't reduce the interval, it extends it. So for example if lets say you pay 100 Gold per 12hrs, you get more people settle/build on your land then the 12hrs becomes 18 hours (for argument sake) and therefore you pay the 100 less often.

Excellent, that's helpful and clear, thanks Guybrush 👍

The issue lays in developer's approach: they care about PVP and designing game for PVP. Then they just trying to adopt and reuse PVP design for PVE. And this is incorrect. This is developer's mistake: PVE not always can use the same game mechanics as PVP. 

How I would see right appoach: claim flags as before wipe. But only 1 flag per person. No additional bonuses to company. Cokmpany benefit from number of memebrs.
Claim owner can determine tax and can allow/prohibit other player buildings. Unclaimed land - eveybody can build. Once build - structure can't be removed by land owner. If eventually existing/new owner prohibit construction - other player who already own buldings in the zone can continue construction without expanding.

or

Just use lawless (ARK-like) approach. This will cause pillars spawn and it is worse then 1 flag claims, but it is defintely better then what we have now.

I COME TO GAMING TO BE FREE OF LANDLORS AND BOSSES! ENOUGH OF THOSE IN RL! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!

FREEDOM! FREEDOM! DREEDOM!!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Goha said:

I COME TO GAMING TO BE FREE OF LANDLORS AND BOSSES! ENOUGH OF THOSE IN RL! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!

FREEDOM! FREEDOM! DREEDOM!!!

Oh boy.. you are free 😄

The landlords alone have to pay the upkeep + you have an admin team on your island that prevents pillar spam and reopen he ressource spots if they get blocked etc.,.. you are totally free to do what ever you want 😉

25 minutes ago, Goha said:

But only 1 flag per person. No additional bonuses to company. Cokmpany benefit from number of memebrs.

Claim owner can determine tax and can allow/prohibit other player buildings.

With one flag, what for you want to set a tax rate? 😛

I don't want landlord on top of me in th game. what is unclear with that?

Ability to set tax on you only flagged piece of land adding a bit of fun to the game. Nothing special.
Example: imagine polar region and you flag the only spot with trees (they are rare there).And then you enjoy free wood resources - ) WIth 1 pillar per person there will be enought land for everyone. Everyone will be able to own piece of land, sowe all will be equal, we all will be landlords. No slavery.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Goha said:

I don't want landlord on top of me in th game. what is unclear with that?

Ability to set tax on you only flagged piece of land adding a bit of fun to the game. Nothing special.
Example: imagine polar region and you flag the only spot with trees (they are rare there).And then you enjoy free wood resources - ) WIth 1 pillar per person there will be enought land for everyone. Everyone will be able to own piece of land, sowe all will be equal, we all will be landlords. No slavery.

There already is no slavery as people don't pay tax out of their harvesting.

You probably had chance to claim the island and happy. So you would never agree with other, who had no chance to claim island for themselves...

7 minutes ago, Goha said:

You probably had chance to claim the island and happy. So you would never agree with other, who had no chance to claim island for themselves...

I play solo, I had no chance to claim the island i'm on, nor was I interested in claiming an island.

However, that has nothing to do with the point I was making about no-one pays taxes at all. But you keep talking about taxes and slavery.

I Dont get why so many People have Problems with landlords. We got Plenty tennants which are happy to live on our island. We keep the areas clear of blocking And Spamming stuff And Allow everyone to have enough Space to Build. They also benefit from our trading Partners,as they can sell And trade stuff too as Most People come to us. Just Need to find good landlords

Because there are many land lord and not all of them are  Mr friendly 9000 . Sure you may be nice to tenant but that doesn't speak for other land lord .

On 4/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

no-one pays taxes at all

this is bug, it will be fixed. And you will pay taxes. Which I hate to have in game. Game live should be perfect: no age, no tax, no landlord. Bringing all those in the game make it realistic and not that fun.

6 hours ago, Goha said:

this is bug, it will be fixed. And you will pay taxes. Which I hate to have in game. Game live should be perfect: no age, no tax, no landlord. Bringing all those in the game make it realistic and not that fun.

This is not a bug (at least in PvE).  It was in the patch notes:

Max Tax rate on PvE set to 20%, and is only additive on PvE (doesn't reduce the taxee's resources)

Edited by Draalei

How does point system to claim a island work

I have 3 in my clan and we only have 34 points 

How do we get more points to claim a island

Most basic information i know is when you created a company you have 30 points , then add 1 points per member .

To increase your value , that i don't know , i guess either have more discoveries or level , but my company just the same as you . 3 people . 34 points , me and my leader both lv 45+ already .

On 4/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, zottel said:

I Dont get why so many People have Problems with landlords. We got Plenty tennants which are happy to live on our island. We keep the areas clear of blocking And Spamming stuff And Allow everyone to have enough Space to Build. They also benefit from our trading Partners,as they can sell And trade stuff too as Most People come to us. Just Need to find good landlords

games are for some of us a disconnection from real life annoyances, such as bosses, bills, working to make other rich, etc some of wich just want to chill, enjoy and being self sufficients so the fact that the game bitch-slap us with more of the "capitalist" shit in what it was supposed to be a pirate life game (be free, live free, and sail the seas) totally ruins the experience (notice that i am talking only about pve)

On 4/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, zottel said:

Because who the fuck plays games to be taxed by some dork in a bigger group than yours or wants to deal with some clowndick moron smashing up things you build right after buying an island because he "doesn't want it there?" It's a moronic system for PVE.

We had a basic 2x2 thatch setup with a few ground plots for tannery/smithy/loom while we were building a schooner, got the schooner built and then the people who bought the island maybe 20 minutes prior got mad because we didn't want to talk to them in voice-chat. After spending another 10 minutes trying to get our attention by getting on our boat and dying, saying stupid shit like lines from Deliverance in chat about my "pretty mouth" and joking about rape in global chat, they broke all the structures and took the mats and gold that were there.

Now, I didn't really care because it was only thatch shit and a few hours of farming, the only even remotely noticeable "loss" was ~300 gold, but the fact the situation exists as an intentional system at all on a PVE server is fucking braindead design. 

We had plenty of gold to actually buy the island way before they got there, just not eleven members for a 53 point island, hence just making the temp setup. The current system sucks.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:15 AM, Vorxius said:

Claimed islands with landlords, make great outposts... temp stop offs for you travels.   Terrible for landlords as it generates no regular income / revenue.

Our main base / farm zone remains on lawless, we have a secure, safe, large and spam free area with fabulous neighbors.  Couldn't ask for more tbh.  Lucky.

Exactly what we are doing! Being a small company it really is the only way to roll.

On 4/20/2019 at 2:52 AM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Yup, people gotta pay attention to patch notes. Too many people complaining about paying taxes when they aren't even paying taxes anymore.

This is incorrect or the devs screwed up. We tested it and indeed on a claim with a 20% tax, there is a 20% difference when gathering resources.

3 minutes ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

This is incorrect or the devs screwed up. We tested it and indeed on a claim with a 20% tax, there is a 20% difference when gathering resources.

I don't think you are right, were you hitting the same exact type of trees or other resources?  The island I was on was claimed when I was in the process of building and the average amount of resources I gathered between claimed and unclaimed was the same.  There was no drop.

Just now, CoopedUp said:

I don't think you are right, were you hitting the same exact type of trees or other resources?  The island I was on was claimed when I was in the process of building and the average amount of resources I gathered between claimed and unclaimed was the same.  There was no drop.

Yeah me too. my island was claimed, I was getting 86 wood from a specific tree. The owner unclaimed and moved to NA PvE, during the unclaimed period I still got 86 wood from that same tree. A day or so later someone new claimed the island and I still get 86 wood from that same tree. The tax rate was set to 12% for first owner, 10% for second.

1 hour ago, pope_kd said:

Because who the fuck plays games to be taxed by some dork in a bigger group than yours or wants to deal with some clowndick moron smashing up things you build right after buying an island because he "doesn't want it there?" It's a moronic system for PVE.

We had a basic 2x2 thatch setup with a few ground plots for tannery/smithy/loom while we were building a schooner, got the schooner built and then the people who bought the island maybe 20 minutes prior got mad because we didn't want to talk to them in voice-chat. After spending another 10 minutes trying to get our attention by getting on our boat and dying, saying stupid shit like lines from Deliverance in chat about my "pretty mouth" and joking about rape in global chat, they broke all the structures and took the mats and gold that were there.

Now, I didn't really care because it was only thatch shit and a few hours of farming, the only even remotely noticeable "loss" was ~300 gold, but the fact the situation exists as an intentional system at all on a PVE server is fucking braindead design. 

We had plenty of gold to actually buy the island way before they got there, just not eleven members for a 53 point island, hence just making the temp setup. The current system sucks.

Even the Description of the game says it got tax And landowner System. Also seems like u just were unlucky with the landlord but there are Plenty good ones. Or just find more ppl And claim an island