Sign in to follow this  
Shepard_Fury

24h no dimolish!?

Hello Everyone,

Am i the only on who thinks that when you own an island you should always be able to remove other peoples buildings in peacetime?
That you can not remove other peoples buildings after 24 h is a bad mechanic!

For me the problem is that when a Allied decides to not play anymore or move to another island we can not just remove there building.
When you own an island and pay for it you should always be able to control in peacetime who lives on your island.

Please change this so you can always clean up your island in peacetime.
Do people agree with this or what do you guys think?

We need some people to comment to get this change 🙂

Best regards
Shepard - PvP Eu

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just cause you own the Island shouldn't mean you can remove peoples building anytime you want. If someone stops playing the structures decay. 

I think you should be able to remove buildings in peacetime, no matter how long they have been there.

There is a 10 day decay yes but it just one of them logs in the decay resets.

sorry but this idea is just bad. you get 24h to remove the stuff, the decay if someone goes inactive but being able to remove everything from everyone during peace time will just lead to griefing and frustration.

Well it shows the all around badness of the current system.

Yes it is not OK that the land owner can just demo anything (in time limit) on sight.

And yes it is not OK that the landowner cannot demo stuff after the timer runs out.

Just gives some form of the idea I already had elsewhere in the forum more credence now that even the owners complain about the current system:

Make it so that the owner can start a timer on structure that when it runs out the structure is just deleted, with all items in it.
Send notice to the structure owner. He has time to demo it himself for the resources and items in it and move somewhere else.
If he does not (because he is offline and never coming back) the owner gets rid of the structure problem, but cannot steal stuff and griefing by the owner is limited in that the structure owner has fair warning and some time to get his stuff out before he gets "griefed" (not really anymore) from the spot in say a week.

Therefore owners can demo at any time anything and the structure owner does not loose everything and can move peacefully.

You can make it that the timer for deletion is depending on the number of structures.
Foundation spam (like 1-3 connected structure) = 1hr.
Small house-thing = a few days to a week.
"Giant Base" = 1-2 weeks.

The current system is really good, it just needs to be tweaked a little.

If you own an island, you pay your upkeep and keep everyone on the island safe by building defenses. Then you should also be able to remove buildings form people that leave and don't remove their old buildings.

The problem is that you might suddenly have a gaping hole in your defense because one of the allies are not maintaining there buildings anymore. They might still be playing on a different island, so counter does not reset.

There is no reason for limiting the island owner demolish to only work for 24H. This limit must be removed!

There are things i could not Demo Period some things when i took the island did not even give me the option let alone a 24 hour period to do it in.

43 minutes ago, Wind said:

There are things i could not Demo Period some things when i took the island did not even give me the option let alone a 24 hour period to do it in.

Its not with 24 hours of you claiming it. It within 24 hours of it being built. Even if it there before you 

Edited by Sporkzilla

well that's stupid, it should be within 24 hours of claiming the island where the new island owner can go around and evict people they don't want around or people who have already moved on.  Now we gotta either destroy their stuff or wait out the timers which are upto 30 days for some items.

The 24 hour window is basically you simulating not letting them move in in the first place. If as a landlord, you let someone build it is going to cost you to remove whatever you don't want on land.

On 4/15/2019 at 5:17 PM, Wind said:

well that's stupid, it should be within 24 hours of claiming the island where the new island owner can go around and evict people they don't want around or people who have already moved on.  Now we gotta either destroy their stuff or wait out the timers which are upto 30 days for some items.

People would transfer ownership of the island just to be able to demolish. It would be stupid. Just scout the island u want to claim before you claim it 😉

On 4/15/2019 at 12:07 PM, Sheepshooter said:

Well it shows the all around badness of the current system.

Yes it is not OK that the land owner can just demo anything (in time limit) on sight.

And yes it is not OK that the landowner cannot demo stuff after the timer runs out.

Just gives some form of the idea I already had elsewhere in the forum more credence now that even the owners complain about the current system:

Make it so that the owner can start a timer on structure that when it runs out the structure is just deleted, with all items in it.
Send notice to the structure owner. He has time to demo it himself for the resources and items in it and move somewhere else.
If he does not (because he is offline and never coming back) the owner gets rid of the structure problem, but cannot steal stuff and griefing by the owner is limited in that the structure owner has fair warning and some time to get his stuff out before he gets "griefed" (not really anymore) from the spot in say a week.

Therefore owners can demo at any time anything and the structure owner does not loose everything and can move peacefully.

You can make it that the timer for deletion is depending on the number of structures.
Foundation spam (like 1-3 connected structure) = 1hr.
Small house-thing = a few days to a week.
"Giant Base" = 1-2 weeks.

no owners should never be able to just demolish others structures whenever they want , i can only imagine the griefing that would go on , pvp just blow their building up, 

9 hours ago, UDO said:

no owners should never be able to just demolish others structures whenever they want , i can only imagine the griefing that would go on , pvp just blow their building up, 

Udo, read again...

I am not proposing that the owner can demolish anything.

I am proposing a system where the owner gets the island cleaned up IF he wants and needs to,
but at the same time gives the other player time to get his stuff out and structure resources back,
while the landowner cannot steal what is inside the structures...

You proposal - to use PVP - means that the island owner is forced to use resources to demo every individual structure, which can be used for griefing the island owner by spamming structures - do you want that?
And your proposal means that the owner can demo your stuff right away, because he is online during PVP timer he has set... - so you loose your stuff between Zero to 15hrs.
And because that would be the only option left for the island owner to get rid of you from some spot on the island, how long till you rage quit, because some island owner just demos = griefs your stuff and steals the rest every time...?

The problem is, if you are an owner everyone building on your island could grief you and other inhabitants with it and you want to be able to get rid of it...
In the end it would be best not to have anyone around just to be save - back again to no building space for everyone else - do you want that?

And if you are not the owner, you have to fear that the owner will grief you out of your base and steal your stuff and you will cry for game mechanic to protected you from this...

Seems everyone is only thinking about himself, dann ist an jeden gedacht...
The claim-griefing will continue until moral improves?- not...

2 hours ago, Sheepshooter said:

Udo, read again...

I am not proposing that the owner can demolish anything.

I am proposing a system where the owner gets the island cleaned up IF he wants and needs to,
but at the same time gives the other player time to get his stuff out and structure resources back,
while the landowner cannot steal what is inside the structures...

You proposal - to use PVP - means that the island owner is forced to use resources to demo every individual structure, which can be used for griefing the island owner by spamming structures - do you want that?
And your proposal means that the owner can demo your stuff right away, because he is online during PVP timer he has set... - so you loose your stuff between Zero to 15hrs.
And because that would be the only option left for the island owner to get rid of you from some spot on the island, how long till you rage quit, because some island owner just demos = griefs your stuff and steals the rest every time...?

The problem is, if you are an owner everyone building on your island could grief you and other inhabitants with it and you want to be able to get rid of it...
In the end it would be best not to have anyone around just to be save - back again to no building space for everyone else - do you want that?

And if you are not the owner, you have to fear that the owner will grief you out of your base and steal your stuff and you will cry for game mechanic to protected you from this...

Seems everyone is only thinking about himself, dann ist an jeden gedacht...
The claim-griefing will continue until moral improves?- not...

u need to read, a system that the onwner can clean up if he wants to and needs too ? u mean demolish when u want ,   

it  doesnt matter if they get their stuff back or not , no island owner should have permanent removal rights over any other player on the island after the expiry has run out , the 10 day decay is there for a reason , if they no longer log in after 10 days then their base is gone ,

u can try to sugar coat it all you want , there should never be an island owner that can remove anything he wants to when he wants to,

adding to this as the owner u have 24 hrs to remove things u dont like or want , as an island owner u chose this knowing the system if you dont have enough active players to keep the island clean then tough let the island go , dotn go asking for a system change because you cant keep the island u wanted clean of building spam  ,and want to be able to do it in  your time when u are good and reaady and not within the allocated time ....

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

So the owner is not really an owner.  Got it. 

Thank god for PvP.  Someone builds on our island without permission and we missed it in 12 hours (our own fault for not patrolling well enough) we pay them a visit with 10 cannon bears.  Atlas version of a wrecking crew. 

We've worked things out with those who are level headed and appear to be good reliable people.  Idiots with zero social skills are KoS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

we pay them a visit with 10 cannon bears.  Atlas version of a wrecking crew.

Can you explain the concept of a Cannon Bear?

There aren't any platform saddles in Atlas, so the clueless part of is wondering how this works. Also, the creative part of me has images of anime bears strapped with cannons 🙂

Nevermind, you meant swivel cannon and cargo saddle. I was envisioning something completely different lol

Edited by Samuel Wake

On 4/17/2019 at 5:54 PM, UDO said:

u need to read, a system that the onwner can clean up if he wants to and needs too ? u mean demolish when u want ,
it  doesnt matter if they get their stuff back or not , no island owner should have permanent removal rights over any other player on the island ...

LOL, do you even read what you write yourself?

You are against a system where the owner can remove/demo/whatever on his island, while on the other hand knowing that he can PVP you basically anytime, while you cannot do anything about it... to get you of the island... so you loose everything in the process anyway = same result concerning you... while you are complaining that if the owner can still delet your stuff after 24hr is not ok...

So, ok, hopefully you get cannon-beared good and hard all the time... loose all your stuff every time... even if the owner does not want to grief you in the process...
and don't complain about it later... because you love it...
because you would not like to get a fair warning to get your stuff out, before it is destroyed and looted from you...

and like I said before, lets see how it is when you own the island and the next Udo spams your island... what you will think then...

21 hours ago, Samuel Wake said:

Can you explain the concept of a Cannon Bear?

There aren't any platform saddles in Atlas, so the clueless part of is wondering how this works. Also, the creative part of me has images of anime bears strapped with cannons 🙂

Nevermind, you meant swivel cannon and cargo saddle. I was envisioning something completely different lol

Bear, saddle, cart.  Mount ship cannon on cart.  Put cannonballs on bear.  Not talking about swivels here.

Edited by DocHolliday

On 4/15/2019 at 10:51 AM, Shepard_Fury said:

Hello Everyone,

Am i the only on who thinks that when you own an island you should always be able to remove other peoples buildings in peacetime?
That you can not remove other peoples buildings after 24 h is a bad mechanic!

For me the problem is that when a Allied decides to not play anymore or move to another island we can not just remove there building.
When you own an island and pay for it you should always be able to control in peacetime who lives on your island.

Please change this so you can always clean up your island in peacetime.
Do people agree with this or what do you guys think?

We need some people to comment to get this change 🙂

Best regards
Shepard - PvP Eu

Poor slaver.. want a towel ? 😂