foulblade

Devs please read this.

So devs you guys have fixed the offline raiding and stealing ships while offline, great job! But we still are missing the pirate aspect of the game...., why does it still take so long to steal someone's ship when I can sink it in less then a minitue????  I understand we don't want people stealing ships while people are afk. Makes perfect sense. Why don't you just make it so anchored ships can't be stolen? Or take the normal amount of time while anchored. But ships that have players aboard?!  We should be able to steal them within just a few minutes! Make it so with a few rules! 1# Unanchored ships can not be captured if they have a bed in the ship . 2# ships can not be captured if they have any hostile players on board. 3# the player can not take damage while stealing the ship. With just these simple rules we could have so much pirate action an make the game a little bit more lively. I mean it takes only a few minutes to sink a players ship on the sea so why shouldn't we be able to steal the ship in the same amount of time. Will lead to more fun pvp instead of just trying to sink the ship more boarding and close range combat will happen. Something close to these lines would make the game headed in the right direction. Kinda hard to be a pirate game when it takes 22 hours to steal a boat that can have that canceled by having a hostile just walk into the area....  No reason not to do this. The attacked player is losing their ship both ways. Maybe one day they will steal their ship back. Or put a bounty on that specific ship??? Possibilities are endless. 

Edited by foulblade
  • Like 3

Ya I agree. if you attack enemy ship in the open sea you should be able to board that ship kill the crew and capture the ship.

right now we just sink ships and gain nothing from doing it.if the ship is anchored use the timer. if the ship isn't anchored crew is dead and beds destroyed instant capture.

• Like 1

Yep makes no sense why it's not like that. 5 minute capture is fine too. Give them a chance to respawn or something but no way should it be 22 hours. I'll just sink your ship and be on my marry way. What's the difference to the defender? Nothing their ship is gone let it be stolen! 

Would be nice for them to hear us out,  certainly many others share the same opinions about being able to sink ships but not steal them. This is a pirate game! 

I agree with a 5 minute timer or so.  Beds must be destroyed and all defenders cleared from the ship.  Slap a claim flag down with a 5 minute timer.  Maybe multiple ships in area fighting and the other side can attempt to take the ship back.  Could make for some interesting fights. 

Question is.....do we let the victors rename the ship? 

Renaming ships is generally considered bad luck. And pirates were no less superstitious than other sailors!

That said, we need ballista sized grapple ammo for ship to ship boarding maneuvers.

If that's the case then I am good with keeping that historically accurate.  Besides what could be more morale busting then being sunk by one of your old ships?

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lifedragn said:

Renaming ships is generally considered bad luck. And pirates were no less superstitious than other sailors!

That said, we need ballista sized grapple ammo for ship to ship boarding maneuvers.

We just make things up as we go along? Edward Thatch captured the concorde and renamed it Queen Anne's Revenge. Pirates stole a lot of ships. sinking ships didn't pay. Hard to loot when the treasure is at the bottom if the sea.

I feel like you should be able to steer, and use enemy ships sails, but not be able to unanquor the ship, then you get more of a piracy feel and you can move their ship while you steal it. 

Stealing ships needs to be a big part of the game! How do we get the devs to even read this?

Edited by foulblade

On 4/15/2019 at 9:36 AM, sand man said:

One day a Dev might answer someone..................maybe

LOL you will be waiting awhile =D

• Sad 1

On 4/15/2019 at 3:28 AM, foulblade said:

So devs you guys have fixed the offline raiding and stealing ships while offline, great job! But we still are missing the pirate aspect of the game...., why does it still take so long to steal someone's ship when I can sink it in less then a minitue????  I understand we don't want people stealing ships while people are afk. Makes perfect sense. Why don't you just make it so anchored ships can't be stolen? Or take the normal amount of time while anchored. But ships that have players aboard?!  We should be able to steal them within just a few minutes! Make it so with a few rules! 1# Unanchored ships can not be captured if they have a bed in the ship . 2# ships can not be captured if they have any hostile players on board. 3# the player can not take damage while stealing the ship. With just these simple rules we could have so much pirate action an make the game a little bit more lively. I mean it takes only a few minutes to sink a players ship on the sea so why shouldn't we be able to steal the ship in the same amount of time. Will lead to more fun pvp instead of just trying to sink the ship more boarding and close range combat will happen. Something close to these lines would make the game headed in the right direction. Kinda hard to be a pirate game when it takes 22 hours to steal a boat that can have that canceled by having a hostile just walk into the area....  No reason not to do this. The attacked player is losing their ship both ways. Maybe one day they will steal their ship back. Or put a bounty on that specific ship??? Possibilities are endless. 

I like this

• Like 1

Right i don't see any reason for them not to now that the rules are set and everything? Only makes sense for a pirate game. 22 Real life hours after a sea battle is ridiculous. Should be like this. Pirate roams water for unworthy ships. Pirates board ship, Fight breaks out. Winner Takes all the loot, AND THE BOAT.  ( no enemy's can be in range and or beds need to be destroyed.) Boom just like a real pirate. But this is  how it actually goes. Pirates spots unworthy ship, Fight breaks out, Winner takes all AFTER sitting on the boat for 22 hours straight and no other players come in range or it restarts completely. Pirate gets angry And fires cannons into the side of the unworthy boat out of spite. Pirate moves on. So in both of these situations. The losing player still loses Their ship!?!?! DEVS PLEASE READ THIS. It does not make sense the way yall have it set up. All the mechnics are in play already, Simply need to adjust the timers. Take no longer then 20 min worth of work long as its not spaghetti code.

You want  real pirate game let's start with having the ships look like ships with cannons firing from gunports 

Not these Minecraft looking abominations we have sailing the seas. 

You have put all this effort into making the best sea environment I have seen in any game, the ability to paint your ships and put on these gorgeous figureheads and then made it so the only viable combat ship looks like something made of lego... 

Edited by Badkebab

@foulblade We hear you on the piracy aspects. We had a discussion regarding ship stealing timers just recently and some changes are in the short term pipeline (we're focusing bugs today though). 

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, Dollie said:

@foulblade We hear you on the piracy aspects. We had a discussion regarding ship stealing timers just recently and some changes are in the short term pipeline (we're focusing bugs today though). 

The Atlas gods have heard our cries! Rejoice! 

On 4/22/2019 at 8:16 PM, Dollie said:

The five time decrease for unachored boats helps. But still doesn't feel right. A rule based system would fix the problem completely. Still coming across 4 hour and 9 hour claims of not more doesn't feel very pirate like. Rules could be as simple as 1# all beds must be destroyed. 2# no enemy players could be in a radius of x for 5 minutes. 3# boat can not be stole while anchored. With that simple rule set I don't see any problems. I mean I don't see the issue with you guys making boats take so long to claim.  Idk of you guys have played the game your self.  But it goes like this. Takes hour to build boat, boat gets into a fight boat sinks in less then 5 minutes. Let's say you board the boat and kill all the crew it takes hours to steal the boat?!?!  Doesn't make any sense. The defending player still has the same outcome both ways. He loses his ship. I don't get why you guys don't make it more rewarding for boarding a ship? At this point in time no one even bothers because it takes so long. Idk if you guys are working on something similar to that system but I would love to hear some feedback. I'm not the only one who feels this way