Sign in to follow this  
George Catcher

Should we give M3 a chance? (Laggiest grid ever)

I was always be as polite and gentle guy as possible, but now - I'm going to swear. Because the situation just pieces me off!

We spent all time to find a lovely spot and settle there. It was in EU PVE M3 (lawless) grid Sunview Chain. And after we build a town, laggs came out. Right now most of my time it's just impossible to play there. It's as LAGGY AS HELL!

It shows ping around 160-255 but the situation is like I have connection for 1 sec. Then for 2-3 sec I have connection lost and all environment do mannequin challenge. Look how awesome my sailing there:

Same on the shore.

It's impossible to sail and encounter SqotDs.

Its impossible to face wild animals in a shore. All I can do - is just slowly gather resources near my base (it take 25-30 hits for a single tree) and pray - so there wont be any lions around.

It's not about our internet connection, because it's stable 100mbs optic and when I change a grid - all goes well (no laggs, and ping around 30). Sometimes even in this M3 my brother play fine with no laggs (ping 30) and I experience laggs (ping 255). Sometimes it's opposite (I have 30, my bro have 255). And we sitting next room from eachother and use same internet through one single router). I keep asking our neighbors - they say, all fine for them as well.

And it's not just affect game experience.

I was 3 times far from home. When I sail back, when I cross the border TO THAT M3 grid, some serious sh@t happening. 

- First time I just stuck inside my steering wheel. I couldn't move, couldn't perform any action. I could just watch my ship go full speed somewhere. After a couple minutes game crashed with this "ran out of memory "Line 51" error"

- Then again I crossed back to M3 and got my sails control just gone. I didn't have any HUD signs of sails I couldn't control them. After a couple minutes game crashed with this "ran out of memory "Line 51" error"

- Then again I crossed back. My sails stacked in one position. I was rotating them, trying to lower them down. They then back to where they were themself. After a couple minutes game crashed with this "ran out of memory "Line 51" error"

- I was trying to build large gates for my tames paddock. Game crashed with this "ran out of memory "Line 51" error"

- My brother was trying to build a schooner and somehow planks appeared in center of a ship. Then game crashed with this "ran out of memory "Line 51" error"

JtwzhtN.jpg

Through all problems we built a beautiful village, with hope that laggs will be fixed. But it's just become worse every day.

We just FORCED to demolish all of that:

NimKIMN.jpg

...and move.

So I just wanna ask a DEVs should we give this M3 a chance, or screw it! Screw this renewed eastern tundra, destroy all town above and sail back to were we were before wipe?

p.s - it's actually ALL "M" column, M2, M4 etc...

Edited by George Catcher

You have a very cold. Ping froze :classic_blink:

This snow slows down I think so.

You do not see him but somewhere on the map he goes...

Edited by Konvar
  • Like 1

I came across your village not too long ago and it looked pretty awesome, took 3 hours to get out of the grid with all the rubber banding but was impressed by the community in M3. Lawless is once again showing to be the best place to be part of a community.

Shame that this isn't likely to get looked at any time soon as the Devs don't frequent this board unless forced at gun point. Better of hitting up the discord raising the issue there.

• Like 1

Well i live in M3 also, since short time. But i have never seen this Sort of Bug. I would guess its your system. Or dont build so much 😉

Or posting in the Bug reports forums?  You know....where you post bug reports.

Yes it's there also.

Well i live in M3 also, since short time. But i have never seen this Sort of Bug. I would guess its your system. Or dont build so much

If it was something in my side, I would experience all laggs everywhere. But I don't, I now back to my I2 where I spent all months before wipe and things go just well there. No laggs, stable ping around 30-40. I also built a base there, same size as before - it doesn't affect anything. Not a ping. Not even a fps.

I know that my neighbors M3 experience NO LAGGS at all (I asked) and this is weirdest thing.

My guessing - it's somehow connected to signal in the middle of it's way from me to server and back. So the question is - why sometimes it goes good optimal way, and another time - just worst laggy way ever.

(Any yeah - tomorrow I plan to demolish all I built and moove. Eastern Tundra is beautiful but it's just not worth it).

p.s. - before wipe I had 4 bases and 2 vilages the same size like in picture above, around my part of island. And things were well.

The part where you neighbors do not experience lag as well is odd.

Have they visited you when you are lagging and they are right next to you and not feeling any effects at all?  Just wondering if some ingame asset is the cause.  I dunno just grasping at straws here as others in the zone do not have the issue so that makes it look like its isolated to your ISP or PC, but then you leave the zone and all is well.  Very odd one indeed.  Would need to investigate the behavior in different circumstances to isolate the cause. 

Edited by DocHolliday

Have they visited you when you are lagging and they are right next to you and not feeling any effects at all?

It's like that. I play with my brother. We running same area, do some business there. Our pathfinders run by each other, we even use same smithy at the same time. And most important - in real life, we sitting next room from each other. So both our computers connected to a single router, and all our signals goes through one single optical cable from our house to wherever it goes.

And yet sometimes I play fine, no problems, smooth stable ping 30-40. And my brother have this issue with creepy lags.

Or it can be opposite. He plays fine. I play through lags.

Two consistent patterns I found.

- During the morning - lags never occur. But during evening time - they are always there.

- (most important) If I play through the day - all fine. Lags appear ONLY AFTER I log out and then log in. Or after I change server (cross the border). So If I wont go anywhere, and if I wont log out (and game wont crash) - I'll keep experience stable low latency connection.

And of course - If I sail through those lags from M3 to L3 for example, I'll see smooth game. If I back - laggy sailing. Today I built my new village in old place and while I was about to finish last houses, my brother went to M3 to deliver some of our stuff to a new place. And guess what? He didn't make it. He just said - sailing with THAT LAGGY server is just dangerous. He managed to get closest island and park there. Next morning he continue his journey... (I had perfect smooth game in my I2 grid and for test purposes I log out and log in several times, to see - if problem is global. So... no problems. No lags at all, even after log in).