Hattrix

So, why should I move off of a lawless island?

I posted this exact topic before the wipe was announced.

Now I'm posting it again but with the current build as is.

So, is there a reason to leave lawless if I can make my base work for me?

In PVE: no.
Being a landowner yourself gives you better timers in your own territory than in lawless, but that's about it. The rest is gameplay.

34 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Being a landowner yourself gives you better timers in your own territory than in lawless

You sure, i havent looked at our flag in personal, but my mates say it is 10 days like lawless.

I personally live in lawless, i dont simply like the island my company claimed. I am doing the outpost live.

BTT:

True solo/ duo PVE is kinda forced to lawless, which is 10 days now, so not to bad.

You only move if u dont like the LAG, neighbours or  spam. You also move if you find a new home in another (better) spot.

But own claim does not give benefits (except taxes).

Edited by Kummba

Before the wipe, I had to log in every 4 days in lawless and now it’s 10. I know some places are getting spammed but I have not seen the abuse yet. Lawless is way better than before for us and it’s the only place we have ever lived. I never have even tried to get a claim and we have 450+  hours since December. The extra islands I’m sure are helping cut down spam a little.

6 hours ago, Gomez Addams said:

Before the wipe, I had to log in every 4 days in lawless and now it’s 10. I know some places are getting spammed but I have not seen the abuse yet. Lawless is way better than before for us and it’s the only place we have ever lived. I never have even tried to get a claim and we have 450+  hours since December. The extra islands I’m sure are helping cut down spam a little.

I hope so ... in the anarchy period I scouted a lot and it seemed to me that on a lawless islands there was either hardly any foundation spamming or it looked like a serious pissing contest. You need but one player kicking it off and it can become a chainreaction.
Where I built players are quite respectfull of neighbourghs.

• Like 1

Lawless works way way better for us, and it's never been better.  100x yes compared to pre-wipe.

Hope it stays like it lol

• Like 1

There is actually zero reason to move off lawless. For solo players and small companies the new mega update fixed absolutely nothing as far as being able to get your own land. 

While a whole lot of people (who have claims) say they want you come live on their island and they will be amazing landlords (and I’m sure some of them are) the game actually has no benefit for you to do so. 

You can get griefed and spammed on a owned island just as much as in lawless. The only difference is who you complain to: a landlord player or the Devs. A landlord player might be faster to respond (if they actually do at all) but can’t do anything to the other player but delete his stuff (within 24 hrs). A Dev can do more (assuming that they actually do anything at all).

I had never lived on lawless pre wipe.... found a cool spot on lawless (lawless islands have lots of points of interest)…. loving it.... have no desire to ever leave lawless....

only thing I ask of these devs is to increase the no build radius for foundations/pillars so I don't need as many to keep people a few feet off my front door.... 

bigger radius means cleaner looking islands, less lag, and (insert your own reason here)…. 

Edited by Salty Jack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

only thing I ask of these devs is to increase the no build radius for foundations/pillars so I don't need as many to keep people a few feet off my front door.... 

I second this, what's nice, now, in my experience, is that there's no so much clutter along beaches now, the additional island space, it all adds up to really make a difference.  Ofc now, we would like to just mark off our land (without asshattery, or greed) to just ensure our path to the waterfront remains build free, and, I have located foundations to the local metal nodes to prevent anyone boxing it in..   The neighbors are all awesome, and we're holding nothing back from them.  We each have our own space, and, happy for everyone to tinker about as needed.  Even been swapping various resources if anyone gets low (aka honey for bear taming or salt etc, which doesn't spawn on our grid).

A little more radius on the foundations would be great, but ofc I am talking from our 'adult' gentlemans agreement with the neighbors, not taking into consideration that some players out there are far from considerate, and will be able to slam doors on whole islands still.... but would they do that anyway?   Probably.   

Anyway, +1 here for slight radius increase...  but, expect others with different experience to rightly protest.