Do you wants to add single player mode to the game??  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to add single player mode to the game??

• yes
    • No

since many people want to play solo without distribution and complaining about pve claiming system , I still don't understand why the dev team not consider just to put single player mode like ark and the option to host this server if you wants to play with a small group of people and get rid from the lag and having better experience and freedome. 

Edited by red98devil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I honestly have many reasons that pushed me to do this topic

I bought the game last week 

- the ping is very high here in middle east it's around (68-110)

- I enjoyed playing single player for more than 200 hours in ark and there are no obstacle that prevent you from playing solo in atlas like you can hire a crew in your ship and continue your journey  for example.

- I have only few hours in my day since I am a university student 🙂

- The single player mode will not affect the multiplayer experience or reduce the players playing there.On the contrary, it will give you more choice to  select the game mode that suits you .

Edited by red98devil
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

We have a single player mode.
There many good tutorials out there to set up your own server on your game machine and connect to it.

Search for +"dedicated server" +"single player" +Atlas
This isn't even the best one, but one of earliest Youtube: SINGLE PLAYER MODE + DEDICATED SERVER - STEP BY STEP SETUP - ServerGridEditor + SteamCMD and he made follow-up videos for a few issues people had.

cheers

Edited by wandelaar

A single player option would bring many more people to the game, online only games can be very Toxic which puts people off.

Edited by sand man
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, red98devil said:

since many people want to play solo without distribution and complaining about pve claiming system , I still don't understand why the dev team not consider just to put single player mode like ark and the option to host this server if you wants to play with a small group of people and get rid from the lag and having better experience and freedome. 

it’s meant to be an mmo, played over 15x15 map , u want single player set up a small dedicated server on your pc 1grid then u can play your solo way 

47 minutes ago, uli said:

it’s meant to be an mmo, played over 15x15 map , u want single player set up a small dedicated server on your pc 1grid then u can play your solo way 

first of all ark is mmo that has single player don't telling me that the game is mmo so it shouldn't have single player mode it is not even an  excuse.

what if they just return back single player option just like ark without doing  dedicated server crap and get rid of  running Cmds that raise your ram/cpu usage ,if you want to play mmo like you said just join any server that you want but if you want to play single player and just by clicking on one button  tell me what is the negative outcome that prevent adding that.

Edited by red98devil
  • Like 1

Even if they added the single player mode - it would increase your ram/cpu just like it does in Ark.   All Ark single player mode is doing is automating the server part for you (and tweaking inis) so you do not have to worry about running external commands - but they are still running servers.   

That is the downside of running the full map ASC allows 1-9 grids open  (upcoming version will follow more people if you can afford it) and these servers take resources that must be able to reside alongside the game.  Of course that is fixable by using a dedicated machine for a server.

Sailing is not very fun if you do not have at least six grids open - your followed grid and its neighbors plus your freeport.    So single player serving is worse than Ark as it requires more server resources.   

You might want to wait for the ISO map mod as it is smaller self contained - no need for ASC with that.

Edited by krazmuze

Why are people soo afraid of a Single player mode ???  why, is it your to scared to play a game on your own ?

On 4/15/2019 at 3:57 PM, red98devil said:

first of all ark is mmo that has single player don't telling me that the game is mmo so it shouldn't have single player mode it is not even an  excuse.

what if they just return back single player option just like ark without doing  dedicated server crap and get rid of  running Cmds that raise your ram/cpu usage ,if you want to play mmo like you said just join any server that you want but if you want to play single player and just by clicking on one button  tell me what is the negative outcome that prevent adding that.

did u read what i said , go set up a dedicated server on your pc , that how u play solo in this game , , how much fun do u think 1 map will be in a sailing game ? u build a base and ? boats wont be needed for one island ,each to their own ....

Edited by UDO

I think they can figure this out Ark map was big enough to sail ,but from what I saw  this game has different michanicim like every grid is server alone but I think the dev can solve that if they want to.

I tried to setup dedicated server I spent around 10 hours trying to figure this out  but no luck I didn't find my server in the unofficial list so I just give up.

You do need an ISP/router that supports using static external IP so you can go out and back in.    Or you can use internal IP 128 or the here IP 127, with the downside that every logout server needs added to steam favorite servers list because the game cannot find the servers nor do automatic rejoins.

The post should be revised to say single player mode should be made more accessible but the point is it already exists.  Many players that play the MMO also use it to scout and create and test offline.

The planned ISO mod map was supposed to be single server ark style with everything on it.

Edited by krazmuze