Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Solstar

Increase Claim Points per Person, or decrease Claim Costs

Recommended Posts

I sure hope ya'll were erring on the side of caution with those claim costs. Not sure how many 60+ Companies you were thinking were coming. We need more <35 claims. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Solstar said:

I sure hope ya'll were erring on the side of caution with those claim costs. Not sure how many 60+ Companies you were thinking were coming. We need more <35 claims. 

Well arguably the shit show of the launch week was due in large part to their vastly underestimating how much interest there would be, so you can’t blame them much for erring this time around on the side large numbers. I agree things should be tweaked downward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's certainly understandable. Though, at this point, without some major rework and a promotional campaign, I'd estimate a 10% drop to claim point costs and upkeep would be pretty reasonable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the other day i checked the map and was surprised to see quite a few 56 point Islands that were left unclaimed. And here I am without land... And can't claim any.  :classic_huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

and that’s how they should stay leave them as they are regular players may want to join up later and claim one of the larger islands , or as game progresses larger company’s may join , why should tiny company’s get to claim and entire large island ...

 

needs to stay as it is 

Edited by uli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Problem is the existing LARGER companys of course claimed multiple small island instead of one BIG one.

Solo Players had no chance to claim an island another company was on.

I had gold and claim down on an island (15) first. Company comes and claimes as 12 min (claimed for fucking 48 min allready) were remaining on my flag.

So now i can stay an unknown time in my claim circle kinda idling, for how long? 12 Hours? 24 Hours? what happens when server restart???? I also have to contest their flag every 30 Seconds. So this was impossible.

OR i can get ANOTHER ~100 gorld to try to claim another island.

I moved away, 1 hour later island was claimed, 10 minutes later my bed on the starter was gone.

NICE FUCKING landrush.

And i said after the CL 23 that this system is receipe for a possible disaster.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kummba said:

The Problem is the existing LARGER companys of course claimed multiple small island instead of one BIG one.

Solo Players had no chance to claim an island another company was on.

I had gold and claim down on an island (15) first. Company comes and claimes as 12 min (claimed for fucking 48 min allready) were remaining on my flag.

So now i can stay an unknown time in my claim circle kinda idling, for how long? 12 Hours? 24 Hours? what happens when server restart???? I also have to contest their flag every 30 Seconds. So this was impossible.

OR i can get ANOTHER ~100 gorld to try to claim another island.

I moved away, 1 hour later island was claimed, 10 minutes later my bed on the starter was gone.

NICE FUCKING landrush.

And i said after the CL 23 that this system is receipe for a possible disaster.

You and the other company wanted the same island. You lost, blame devs? Cmon man.

I agree with lowering upkeep cost tho, its a bit expensive now, especially bigger islands. There are also ridiculously unbalanced islands which contain all resources and the cost is very low (basically whole l10 sector).

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Willard said:

You and the other company wanted the same island. You lost, blame devs? Cmon man.

I agree with lowering upkeep cost tho, its a bit expensive now, especially bigger islands.

it’s isn’t  that bad might be hard at start but later when u have bigger boats better bears the gold hunt is easy can do thousand of gold in a weekend even solo one day out of the week for up keep isn’t bad 

the upkeep wasn’t meant to be easy , u wanted an island u got one along with all it entails 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, uli said:

it’s isn’t  that bad might be hard at start but later when u have bigger boats better bears the gold hunt is easy can do thousand of gold in a weekend even solo one day out of the week for up keep isn’t bad 

the upkeep wasn’t meant to be easy , u wanted an island u got one along with all it entails 

 

I mean I personally don't have that problem with my company. But I realize that companies with like 5-7 people really struggle with this upkeep.

To be honest how unbalanced upkeeps are on a different islands is what worries me. There are islands which cost 35 and are much better resource-wise and base/harbor-wise than islands which cost 80.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Willard said:

You and the other company wanted the same island. You lost, blame devs? Cmon man.

I dont blame because i lost (i own a claim btw), but because the system is bad, i put my view here:

Problem is that in the landrush phase even bigger companys gone for the small island because initial gold cost or upkeep.

First all 15 ilsland where gone then 24 then 35. How many islands with >35 points are gone? 5?

The system is bad.

The really good thing it doesnt even really matter. ALL u gain from claiming is taxes, ALPHAS, longer respawn time and a bigger resourceblock from foundations, LAWLESS is better anyway.

 

BTW: Upkeep is a joke, it is cheap af.

1 hour ago, Willard said:

I agree with lowering upkeep cost tho, its a bit expensive now, especially bigger islands.

U got me wrong, i placed the flag, i give it up, gold for this flag is gone. For placing another flag (anotzher island) i need gold again, thats what i said.

BUT it is a problem that companys which stay on one island THINK 400 gold per day is not doable, therefore they go for a 150 gold/day island instead.

So this companys take one of the ~100 affordable (<30 Island Points) islands from the solo/duo.

Edited by Kummba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kummba said:

I dont blame because i lost (i own a claim btw), but because the system is bad, i put my view here:

Problem is that in the landrush phase even bigger companys gone for the small island because initial gold cost or upkeep.

First all 15 ilsland where gone then 24 then 35. How many islands with >35 points are gone? 5?

The system is bad.

The really good thing it doesnt even really matter. ALL u gain from claiming is taxes, ALPHAS, longer respawn time and a bigger resourceblock from foundations, LAWLESS is better anyway.

 

BTW: Upkeep is a joke, it is cheap af.

U got me wrong, i placed the flag, i give it up, gold for this flag is gone. For placing another flag (anotzher island) i need gold again, thats what i said.

BUT it is a problem that companys which stay on one island THINK 400 gold per day is not doable, therefore they go for a 150 gold/day island instead.

So this companys take one of the ~100 affordable (<30 Island Points) islands from the solo/duo.

We are paying almost 1300 gold per day, thats not "cheap as fuck" island man 😉 maybe its because scaling goes crazy and we got 86 points island.

As solo/duo u are not supposed to own an island man. But if you do you will have to put special effort. They can't balance game about solo/duo players. You would need like 2k more ialands on the mal.

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Willard said:

We are paying 1200 gold per day, thats not "cheap as fuck" island man 😉 maybe its because scaling goes crazy and we got 86 points island.

Ok thats <50g per person/ day (1200/24), as i said it is cheap af. If u have inactive members to boost your point pool its your problem not a balancing issue.

Edited by Kummba
persons --> members

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Ok thats <50g per person/ day (1200/24), as i said it is cheap af. If u have inactive members to boost your point pool its your problem not a balancing issue.

Lol 😄 do you know there is much more to do ingame than farming gold? Do u know you dont use gold only for upkeep but for NPC and wars - 100k gold for war token? Man, cmon 😄

There is no point pool in PvP.

Maybe its ok for PvE where people don't need NPCs for multiplne ships, hundred NPCs for swivels/puckles etc. But for PvP its everything but "cheap af" 😉

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Willard said:

Lol 😄 do you know there is much more to do ingame tham farming gold? Do u know you dont use gold only for upkeep but for NPC and wars? Man, cmon 😄

There is no point pool in PvP.

OK PVP, i was clearly speaking about PVE.

 

But anyway maybe the island is to big to claim for u then,

1 hour ago, Willard said:

But if you do you will have to put special effort.

Even tho there is no point pool, the island point to Upkeep ratio is still there (and with this also the company member to upkeep balancing). In PVE a company with more then 24 member would be needed to claim that 86 points island.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Kummba said:

OK PVP, i was clearly speaking about PVE.

 

But anyway maybe the island is to big to claim for u then,

Even tho there is no point pool, the island point to Upkeep ratio is still there (and with this also the company member to upkeep balancing). In PVE a company with more then 24 member would be needed to claim that 86 points island.

We are company of nearly 50 people. Who else should claim that big island if not us 🙂 and its not even the most expensive. As i said, we don't have a problem to keep it and pay it but I understand smaller companies do have problems. 

And scaling is a bit harsh, for 35 island you pay about 380g/day, for 86 island its nearly 1300g/day, I don't want to even think about those 120 islands 😄 problem is a lot of much cheaper islands are better resource and base-wise than bigger and more expensive islands rn. But they can always adjust numbers 🙂

Edited by Willard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Willard said:

We are company of nearly 50 people. Who else should claim that big island if not us 🙂 and its not even the most expensive. As i said, we don't have a problem to keep it and pay it but I understand smaller companies do have problems. 

Trolled enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kummba said:

I dont blame because i lost (i own a claim btw), but because the system is bad, i put my view here:

Problem is that in the landrush phase even bigger companys gone for the small island because initial gold cost or upkeep.

First all 15 ilsland where gone then 24 then 35. How many islands with >35 points are gone? 5?

The system is bad.

The really good thing it doesnt even really matter. ALL u gain from claiming is taxes, ALPHAS, longer respawn time and a bigger resourceblock from foundations, LAWLESS is better anyway.

 

BTW: Upkeep is a joke, it is cheap af.

U got me wrong, i placed the flag, i give it up, gold for this flag is gone. For placing another flag (anotzher island) i need gold again, thats what i said.

BUT it is a problem that companys which stay on one island THINK 400 gold per day is not doable, therefore they go for a 150 gold/day island instead.

So this companys take one of the ~100 affordable (<30 Island Points) islands from the solo/duo.

people keep on about the gold cost it is less the more companys u have on your island 

 

instead of say 20 gold per hour it becomes 20 gold per 2 hours 

it is in island owners interest to want other company’s to settle . 

insaybagain the cost is fine players need to get used to the new system 

Edited by uli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, uli said:

insaybagain the cost is fine players need to get used to the new system 

Sure, but the island are claimed allready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kummba said:

Sure, but the island are claimed allready.

You didnt read what he wrote.

Everyone is acting like only thier company can own exist on an island. The cost are fine. In fact the are likely to low judging on how ALL of the small and decent islands were gone before i even got home from work.

The bigger islands are meant to cost enough to discourage a single company from wanting to own it solo. Get 2 or 3 companys and then you have enough for a bigger island.

I am curious if what the devs want to happen will happen. Im not convinced anyone will want to co exist on an island in PvP. Personally i will co exist but only to be constantly working to overthrow and harass whoever owns the island i decide i want 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

it is kinda funny to see that almost nobody understands how the so called alpha tribes or megas operate... there are multiple reasons why certain islands will not be claimed but the main reason organized groups claim islands is that they have all/best resources to be able to craft stuff and a good defensive island structure...

Edited by Wichtelman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×