Sign in to follow this  
Martyn

Some noob questions

Are bps still bugged? Or am I doing something daft and it isn't crafting for a reason, have all resources, gathered locally in lawless zone.

Have skill required.

Won't craft.

Also.. erm.. um.. forgotten my other question..../s....nope cant remember what i wanted to ask.

it can be possible that u need different kinds of same resource, example 2x50 wood u need 50 wood of two kinds lioke strong wood and darkwood . wood as wood dont count

sorry for my english

o ok.. thanks.  so i need like wood from tropics and wood from temperate?

BP's require you to have the skill to make item first.

Each has 2x, 3x ect before the material requirement, as Debruns said 2x metal for example needs Tin + Copper or any two different metals, same for the other mats.

Generic material don't count, the type you get from demolishing structures.

Also BP needs to be in the correct crafting station.

Most regions only have 1 type of each material. I check the wiki to find other types close by. (New map has not changed this to my knowledge, mats are still available from the same places.)

Edited by Jack Shandy
  • Thanks 1

gotcha then it highlights as green.. when you have 2 different.  Got it thanks for help.

There is a small bug with these bps tho, Fiber doesn't seem to translate correctly.  I have fiber from about 7-8 different plants, but it is all listed as hemp, so any bp that requires 2,3,4 variations cannot be made.

The Wood, Thatch, Metals etc.. they all translate to their own versions.  But I can't seem to find any other fiber, except hemp and default.

Oh Question:  Shredded sails are forever ruined and can't be repaired? So I assume you need to replace the masts etc

Q: Are shredded sails, on repaired masts less functional, ie do you loose speed?

Edited by Martyn

There should be bamboo, silk, jute, hemp and straw as different kinds of fiber in this game. But, they are in very different regions so it requires lots f travelling to get several different kinds. Or ask to trade with others or maybe player shops? Before megapatch there was a vendor in freeport that could sell you a small amount of every kind of resource (expensive). Now I don't know if they took vendor out of the game and made it to be on the (very randomly appearing) merchant ships.

* I've read reports from players that straw is basically removed from the game. 

Best of luck! 

straw can be dug up in very small amounts

not seen bamboo or silk.  Jute plants I've seen, but they only drop hemp.

I need 3 for jm large shipyard, got the stone, wood and thatch, but can't get any other fibers.   hmm.

6 hours ago, Martyn said:

Oh Question:  Shredded sails are forever ruined and can't be repaired? So I assume you need to replace the masts etc

Q: Are shredded sails, on repaired masts less functional, ie do you loose speed?

The sails are repaired separately from the masts, so you need to aim a bit to get the right "E" option.

Good question about the loss of speed with shredded sails: IDK but I've been assuming that would be the case.

• Like 1

@Martyn Whether this is sloppyness or a feature is still unclear, but they have not tied the subtype of the resource to the the same plants consistently, or to the same rock images for that matter. So for every quadrant you need to assert that what looks like thyme is still thyme and what looks like the plant that gave you straw, maybe now gives you cotton.
Silk (also a fiber) comes from trees in some tropical quadrants (same dark green as the lemontrees but with a rounder crown).

I haven't been able to assert that this has improved since the 1.5 update and again, they might have done this on purpose so that we need to harvest samples in every quadrant instead of trusting our eyes.

• Like 1