Sign in to follow this  
UDO

water reservoirs and barrels

You get a huge great blue "fertile soil xx%" across your screen when attempting to place in a place that'll give you water.

found a spot (45% fertile) right outside our base, (now inside) in a dessert region. put 12 reservoirs all linked with pipes, it now feeds 30 plots and has plenty left over for cooking and drinking. 

Edited by Jack Shandy

On 4/18/2019 at 11:21 AM, Jatheish said:

We've got a rework in progress for the water reservoir, will be making it's way into the game soon and will help with islands that lack rainfall.

NICELY done .... NOT.

It is the 5th rework at least, and then another rework 2 days after that rework. AND it needs another rework.

PLEASE when u change such things (mechanism) document them at least.

will help with islands that lack rainfall --> NOW u need to build on top off resources to get it working, no water on shoreside on most dessert islands.

Exactly, you also cant build on thatch/would foundations, which works for crop plots.

Unfortunately these plots no longer become watered in desert biomes. Which means inhabitants there are very fugged.

I would have been happy with the previous system with one slight change - The ability to empty a barrel directly into a resevour.

we were traveling to an island with a freshwater lake with a load of barrels (you can fill them in your inventory), back home we would empty them into our resevours to water the garden. (had to use jugs)

If they had kept this system with that small change it would have been great. As it would have added to the things you could trade, load up your ship with full barrels and travel the dessert regions selling them and collecting the empties to refil on the next trip.

I Don't understand. The stone reservoir fills up himself now - in every biome.

So what's the problem now?

@Jack Shandy : it's still confused, to carry 6+ fulfilled barrels around. Maybe the devs thinked a little more realistic now. Or how do u lift up a barrel with 4000l by hand?

It's good now 👍

1 minute ago, Forb Hidden said:

I Don't understand. The stone reservoir fills up himself now - in every biome.

So what's the problem now?

@Jack Shandy : it's still confused, to carry 6+ fulfilled barrels around. Maybe the devs thinked a little more realistic now. Or how do u lift up a barrel with 4000l by hand?

It's good now 👍

not saying it's not good.

Just that previous system with tweek might have been better. Openening up added depth, trading water.

As to carrying that much, a bear with 2.6k weight can carry a lot of barrels.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:01 AM, Talono said:

I placed my water reservoir on a thatch ceiling which should count as fertile ground, but i get neither a percentage nor a refill.

has to be on the ground itself u get a percentage pop up , i have mine on 60% fertile ground in the desert all 8 are full over the weekend so have 96000 water , 

60% is also the max I found in the desert. Got two of them. One for 23 crops and one for drinking and cooking. Works perfectly 😁