Sign in to follow this  
UDO

water reservoirs and barrels

Well i live in tropical. There is rain in tropical areas, but not in Atlas.

There should be something done about it, im at Desert also and we dont have water. I know it should be that way but hey...there should be an option to get some. Not manually its frustrating. A lot of ppl have this problem. There is an idea on forum in suggestion abut special wells , give us one, make it harder to construct but at least give us something to deal with NO WATER for plants.

3 hours ago, Cascco said:

There should be something done about it, im at Desert also and we dont have water. I know it should be that way but hey...there should be an option to get some. Not manually its frustrating. A lot of ppl have this problem. There is an idea on forum in suggestion abut special wells , give us one, make it harder to construct but at least give us something to deal with NO WATER for plants.

if in desert do the devs not know that cold night and hot days = condensation , do they not think that desert dwellers would set up condensation traps ?, to at least have a bit of water

before wipe  the reservoirs filled up over time , they ran out if used too much wasnt at all op unless u built hundreds of reervoirs , i had enough for the odd drink and to keep my crops watered 

digging holes and filling up jugs to fill reservoirs to keep crops going is tedious and uneccesary as a game play mechanic

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

Can someone tell me how to fill up the stone reservoirs by hand?  I try putting filled up water jars inside and nothing happens, and when I right click, I get no choice to fill res.  Would be much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Leynor said:

Can someone tell me how to fill up the stone reservoirs by hand?  I try putting filled up water jars inside and nothing happens, and when I right click, I get no choice to fill res.  Would be much appreciated.

place the jars inside reservoir then right click and consume , 

4 hours ago, Leynor said:

I've always pressed "E" while hovering cursor over the jug.

The worst is farming there, it shuld be hard but not impossible.

if in desert do the devs not know that cold night and hot days = condensation , do they not think that desert dwellers would set up condensation traps ?, to at least have a bit of water

Thats a good opton , i imagine it is not hard to implement it by devs. Would be nice to have it ASAP.

For what its worth you can now pick up and set down barrels and keep the water in them. So you can run around the island dig a hole and place the barrel fill your jars and fill the bucket then move to the next dig-able spot. Rinse and repeat. =-/

On 4/14/2019 at 3:08 PM, BetoDS said:

any official word on this? Having no water in desert really sucks 😞

Well... Its desert.. It could have been a Bug from the begining... Why would a barrel fill up over time when theres no rain?

Why would a barrel fill up over time when theres no rain?

I have read that when there is noone on Island or near, time speed up with weather and that is why it was filled up, so if there is a chance to rain like 0,0001% on your Island the barrels were filled up cause of time speed , the same when you Compnay will log off for some time. I have read it on rededit and i guess on this forum.

Did the latest patch repair the water barrel refill or just reduced their capacity to tease the players ?

I get why the barrel wont fill (there's no rain).... but why cant we have a "well" on the desert?  You can dig for water pretty much all around the island yet the reservoir will never fill. It's pretty common for desert settlement to be built around where they can dig for water and just build a well there

• Like 1

The issue has still not been fixed in 100.81.

Instead of fixing their game they started with turning away players from Atlas again by making life harder (ramshackle sloop nerf, water barrel nerf, pet berries farm nerf).

26 minutes ago, Talono said:

The issue has still not been fixed in 100.81.

Instead of fixing their game they started with turning away players from Atlas again by making life harder (ramshackle sloop nerf, water barrel nerf, pet berries farm nerf).

reservoirs hold more water yay at least i can go around the island now digging more  holes 

, yet as humans in the game we can build houses , guns , ships etc but we cant find a way to tap into the water to fill  the reservoirs ? 

18 hours ago, Pax said:

Well... Its desert.. It could have been a Bug from the begining... Why would a barrel fill up over time when theres no rain?

condensation is a thing cold night , hot days = condensation on underside of lids / sheets etc 

18 hours ago, Cascco said:

I have read that when there is noone on Island or near, time speed up with weather and that is why it was filled up, so if there is a chance to rain like 0,0001% on your Island the barrels were filled up cause of time speed , the same when you Compnay will log off for some time. I have read it on rededit and i guess on this forum.

doesnt work , why do u think i made this post , i played since release i know the game mechanics , 

This is definitely a flaw in the game!

Need a well or pump or condenser. Powered by oil as diving.

If the barrel on the sloop is filled without a man, will it sink? 7,000 liters? 

I swam with a barrel on an island with a lake. Barrel does not fill more than 700 liters!

I filled many waterskins in the lake and brought them to my island. Barrel on the ground filled with no errors!

This is a bug! (On the ship can not be filled, on land you can.)

Edited by Konvar

We've got a rework in progress for the water reservoir, will be making it's way into the game soon and will help with islands that lack rainfall.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jatheish said:

We've got a rework in progress for the water reservoir, will be making it's way into the game soon and will help with islands that lack rainfall.

Please asap 🙏

its not impossible to farm or get water in desert region its just clunky and time consuming , i usually fill up 2 jugs as i dig for water to drink to deposit in the reservoirs i use for farming  , the original idea of reservoirs filling over time was good , wasnt OP as if u used it too extensivly for dyes / cooking u ran out , was almost perfectly balanced , it almost simulated the fact that u collected condesation as your water source ...

2 minutes ago, UDO said:

its not impossible to farm or get water in desert region its just clunky and time consuming , i usually fill up 2 jugs as i dig for water to drink to deposit in the reservoirs i use for farming  , the original idea of reservoirs filling over time was good , wasnt OP as if u used it too extensivly for dyes / cooking u ran out , was almost perfectly balanced , it almost simulated the fact that u collected condesation as your water source ... 

Yeah, can also farm fiber with e

Hmm i placed a water reservoir and a barrel on fertile ground, both are not refilling after the patch.

Still broken ? Any hints ?

Maybe the reservoir has to be placed onto a crop plot ?

Edited by Talono

4 hours ago, Talono said:

Hmm i placed a water reservoir and a barrel on fertile ground, both are not refilling after the patch.

Still broken ? Any hints ?

Maybe the reservoir has to be placed onto a crop plot ?

i have mine set on 60% ground , if no percentage comes up when placing the reservoirs they wont fill up , 

barrels i havnt seen mine fill up no percentage option on barrel when placing so dont think this mechanic is for them 

Edited by UDO

I placed my water reservoir on a thatch ceiling which should count as fertile ground, but i get neither a percentage nor a refill.

My water tank (not a barrel) is filled in the desert!

He stands on the grass, a place where you can drink water in a mini-game.

Edited by Konvar