Sign in to follow this  
UDO

water reservoirs and barrels

hi just a quick question regarding the above , do they not fill up over time anymore ? as before the wipe they used too , if they no longer fill up ove time howe are players in the desert regions supposed to manage with farming etc 

Edited by UDO

Not sure if atlas has a Dew count for a slight increase every day, like Ark does.  Otherwise it'd have to rain or something.

50 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It has to rain.

it never used too they used to fill up over time  , as i used these in the desert region where i played from intitial launch day to irrigate my crops is this an oversight from devs to make it so u cannot grow anything in desert region ? 

Barrels filled over time in desert and other non-rain zones when no players near it ( offline or in another sector) it works even on ptr. Now it is broken.

Water Resavoirs fills up over time (last stand pre wipe and PTR) if they changed it - it is very bad vor dessert islands or islands without rain in ~24-48h.

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well barrels never filled over time unless it rained. I was originally in tropical region before wipe. But as for reservoirs I never used one so can't say anything about that.

wrong , they used to fill up over time in desert region rain or no rain barrels and reservoir,  , i had them for keeping my water supply going in desert region , i know this as it was the saem all the way through from release until now 

3 hours ago, Nitex said:

Barrels filled over time in desert and other non-rain zones when no players near it ( offline or in another sector) it works even on ptr. Now it is broken.

this 100%

55 minutes ago, Savra said:

Water Resavoirs fills up over time (last stand pre wipe and PTR) if they changed it - it is very bad vor dessert islands or islands without rain in ~24-48h.

agree

Edited by UDO

Water is definitely a problem in the desert, we are on a island with no water and no rain...so no cooking, no growing, no dyes, never mind water to drink. 😞 

6 hours ago, Tiily Mint said:

Water is definitely a problem in the desert, we are on a island with no water and no rain...so no cooking, no growing, no dyes, never mind water to drink. 😞 

exactly i have had to move to tropical region to allow me to grow crops , this definatly wasnt an issue before this release , 

Water barrels are broken. Before the patch they refilled when no player was close, now they dont refill any longer.

Hopefully devs will repair that.

Yesterday i had to fill up my stone-water-reservoirs by hand. Tooked three jars, a shovel and a lot of time. 

We also got a desert-island and this was the only way we could grow some wheat.

The devs definitely hafe to take an eye on this.

-implying some personal fountain?

-implying several small freshwater-spots?

-repair the stone barrels?

-let it rain (not so often, because it's desert, but sometimes a little shower...?)

At least: please fix it.

I work with a shovel at the moment, of course the weapon switch and waste of time to dig is annoying.

24 water jars, 2 shovels and an ostrich = my water gatering solution until this gets fixed. It's actualy not too bad 10-15 mins for a 3/4 filled barrel.

AFAIK, the water filling up over time was the bug, which was fixed in the latest PTR patches.. (Remember seeing something related to this, that they would no longer fill when in stasis)

Not sure they will patch this as it was a bug to begin with 😄 

I wouldn't mind traveling to get water like any other resource, but pouring a jug of water into a single barrel 30 times is too much. (if it doesn't bug out and refuse to fill)

If they sorted water transportation a little better I'll be happy to deal with it.

"Water for sale, Get your fresh water here!"

Edit: and sort out the resevour while we're at it, having the same capacity as a jug is dumb.

Edited by Jack Shandy

1 hour ago, uaf said:

AFAIK, the water filling up over time was the bug, which was fixed in the latest PTR patches.. (Remember seeing something related to this, that they would no longer fill when in stasis)

Not sure they will patch this as it was a bug to begin with 😄 

what how was it a big ? it allowed desert dwellers to actually grow crops and have water without digging 

i wasn’t like it was infinaite i used to run out when making dyes or cooking 

if it was a bug where was this stated ? 

Don't argue with the messenger 🙂 Just told you what I remembered from the PTR patch notes. I think they were added in the discord channel

Ah no, could be mistaken.

Found only this "Water Barrels now correctly gain water when unstasising, if the grid has experienced rain in that time"

So it might have been something they changed during that time that was broken. Probably the lack of rain in desert areas was not registering with the barrels 😛 

Edited by uaf

they need to do soemthing as a lot of players are set up in desert regions and will want to grow crops are they really expecting us to dig and fill water skins and jugs to make dyes / crops / cook ? 

So.. don't settle in desert regions ? 🙂 

You are literally crying about environment.. Next you will go in polar area and cry that the temperature is too low.. 

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, uaf said:

So.. don't settle in desert regions ? 🙂 

You are literally crying about environment.. Next you will go in polar area and cry that the temperature is too low.. 

fuck off you no nothing twit noone is crying  , try reading other comments here as well , ive played since release day 1 , i settled in desert the previous time no issues with this , i have outposts in 3 different areas desert tropical and tundra ,for all the different tames and resources etc  so dont assume i dont know how to play the game ,

im pointing out a flaw / bug with a game element .

for the devs to change a game mechanic that affects anyone that settles in a specific region which i add doesnt affect any other region on the map , then it needs to be addressed , was working on ptr and before this patch , a change to water barrels has affected the reservoirs as well 

this issues reminds me of all the crying when there wasnt any fibre in tundra , one region that didnt have it , similar now desert region not a drop of water unless u dig for it , and fill 3 jugs at a time 😕 

Edited by UDO