UDO

RESOURCES RESPAWN RADIUS

dd i miss some thing over night , log in this morning to a compltly desolate area non lawless  , the rocks and trees and nodes that had been respawning all day yesterday , have vanished are not respawning , did the devs patch and increase the no build / spawn radius as i cant see any note 

Edited by UDO

Yeah our island is also suffering from it and there is even nothing near the resource. Well there were signs telling  what resources there are .. but nothing more.

I demolished signs, I demolished nearby buoys... still 95% of resources are not respawning anymore. Something is definitely broken here.

What I believe has happened here is that since they reverted the ability to set and choose any island as a homeserver they no longer act like lawless and therefore the resource radius has returned. But it is very painful, they need to reduce it by half at least.

Anything beyond this red line should be able to respawn, but the radius is too big. It's now blocked all but 1 syrup tree.

DHDRmG5.png

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood

22 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What I believe has happened here is that since they reverted the ability to set and choose any island as a homeserver they no longer act like lawless and therefore the resource radius has returned. But it is very painful, they need to reduce it by half at least.

Anything beyond this red line should be able to respawn, but the radius is too big. It's now blocked all but 1 syrup tree.

DHDRmG5.png

ahaha this makes sense , as the radius seem to be as it was before they made this change i will check further by trying to build something near my neigbors

Edited by UDO
it is back to normal no build radius

26 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

DHDRmG5.png

Yeah, exactly. Especially if they want to encourage 'settlements'  if that's the radius of res de-spawn.. no one will want any settlers, cause it will cause the whole island become a barren wasteland.. if we could get the resource respawn semi-like lawless.. maybe 10-20% bigger, it'd be great. That way it'd be easier to avoid building over any resources and enforce others to not do so. However, I just had a few trees respawn RIGHT besides my house, but other resources are not respawning that used to be in that spot (particularly metal and rocky nodes)

Edit: ok that's a bit weird, now suddenly again the  two trees are not respawning (I did not build more)

Edited by Jester
more info
  • Like 1

Some resources don't respawn even far away from  buildings, I wonder... do you guys have buoys or lighthouses around on your island?

(The only resource that is respawning fast and easy - mineral oil)

Edited by Jester
z

26 minutes ago, Jester said:

Some resources don't respawn even far away from  buildings, I wonder... do you guys have buoys or lighthouses around on your island?

trees etc are back but no metal nodes appear to be repawning not farmed any at all this morning 

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

trees etc are back but no metal nodes appear to be repawning not farmed any at all this morning 

Our trees are not respawning, and we need those 😞 Our tundra island does not have that many trees to begin with. I am getting desperate and just demolishing anything that might be blocking spawns of them - still no good results.

1 hour ago, Jester said:

Our trees are not respawning, and we need those 😞 Our tundra island does not have that many trees to begin with. I am getting desperate and just demolishing anything that might be blocking spawns of them - still no good results.

I'm also on a (small) tundra island and nothing around my base respawned after yesterday's last patch. The island is so small, if there were more settlers there wouldn't be any resources left and indeed turning it into a wasteland. This doesn't seem right.

1 hour ago, Jester said:

Nope no bouys or lighthouses.

This has happened before to us in January. There were zero trees and resources left and the island looked like a clear cut waste land. They fixed it and everything grew back the way it was. 

26 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

This has happened before to us in January. There were zero trees and resources left and the island looked like a clear cut waste land. They fixed it and everything grew back the way it was. 

Yep, I remember those days. I feel that all the building radius changes they changed to res blocking has been defaulted and they did not realize that.. when they set it back to 'no setting any island to homeserver'  sadly.. I hope this gets resolved asap, I wanted to farm up to a brig this weekend. However looks like it that wont be happening.

I am really tempted to destroy whole base and see if it helps.

• Like 1

Stealth radius edit. "They forgot to put it in the patch notes"... OR... "Was done by accident and we will fix it" 

You decide... 😛

3 hours ago, Jester said:

3 hours ago, UDO said:

can confirm this. we have zero metal since nrly 12 hours now. even the spawns that are a half Island aways from any structures. Please fix this ASAP. It's a huge problem especially in this early stage of the game leaving us defenceless!

Okay this is much better now, still not as good as it used to pre-change, but better than nothing I guess 🙂

Seems like the devs have read my mind again. Personally I think it is perfect now, but here is what the poll said:

Screenshot_20190414-225640_SurveyMonkey.jpg