Sign in to follow this  
DepressedSailor

(PVE) Any logical reason my Ship was sunk?

After losing my first Sloop to a very weird behavior in shallow water I tried to be very cautious with my next Ship (Schooner).

Before sailing off with my new Schooner I stocked it with plenty of material for repair, including several Planks, Buckets and a Dingy.  After a day of preparing for every circumstances that may harm my ship I set sail for the first time and went to a nearby freeport to get some crew. I anchored off the harbor in deep Water. After being in the city for 8 minutes I saw a red Message pop up "your Schooner sunk" - For real?! I got back to my Anchorage within a minute. Checking the Situation:

• No Player or Corpse
  • No larger Animal
  • Ship was still in deep Water, no possibility to hit ground
  • No Storms, not even Rain, it was sunny all the time
  • No Ship of the Damned

Inspecting the Wreck:

• All Planks and other Ship pieces intact
  • The ship was flipped upside down

What possibilities are left that might have caused the ship to sink? When I left the ship i think i still heard the anchor falling, is it possible, that Anchoring in deep Water may have caused any damage (for whatever reason?!) and caused it to flip over?

How many small animals, you said no larger animal. 

- 4 small animals will sink a sloop, schooner will take 14 of them though

- or if over weight, may have stuffed somethng heavy in resource chest?

Edited by José Gaspar

3 or 4, at most 6 small animals I'd say, just as usual if you look at a certain area on the sea.

No overweight,  had 30, at most 40% of the weight used.

Do you get a notification btw if you ship starts sinking?

Edited by DepressedSailor

But in 8 Minutes? It was the first sailing trip of the ship without other incidents. I did check all planks before sailing of to the freeport, but it's hard to know. Is there any better way to check a ships/planks hitpoint other than looking at each individual plank and hope that it display the right info?

Plank color does changes as they get damaged, but its not always easy to see the color change depending on the lighting