Saizosol

Question about Lawless.

Hi, I can't find any information about lawless on Colonies PvP server, can you live there still? say your solo player and having hard time finding island to setup on can you setup shop on a Lawless island like before. If anyone can point me to decent post on the topic of Wiki that would be great, wish devs would release information better.

I have been building a harbor fort with 9 towers, connecting walls, and a large central tower in lawless.  As it stands right now I have found nothing I cant do in lawless. In fact its even better than before as now I have 10 days to log in rather then 4 before anyone can blow up my stuff.

The only caution I would give is that its called lawless for a reason. You cant stop someone from building all around you and boxing you in. Cant stop people from dropping ugly buildings all over making the place look like Detroit or San Francisco.  Not had this problem "yet" but its still early days.  On a claimed island if you have a good overlord they can clean up that sort of mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leenaya said:

I have been building a harbor fort with 9 towers, connecting walls, and a large central tower in lawless.  As it stands right now I have found nothing I cant do in lawless. In fact its even better than before as now I have 10 days to log in rather then 4 before anyone can blow up my stuff.

The only caution I would give is that its called lawless for a reason. You cant stop someone from building all around you and boxing you in. Cant stop people from dropping ugly buildings all over making the place look like Detroit or San Francisco.  Not had this problem "yet" but its still early days.  On a claimed island if you have a good overlord they can clean up that sort of mess.

what is the point in building so big?? 9 towers that wont stop shit. You guys all do that shit build huge bases with all these wasted resources just to be raided by a single player on a bear and then you leave, leaving a big mess. foundation spam is better than this crap.

Well lets see... Its pve, so I cant be raided for one.  For another I build big because... I want too? Sounds good to me. Started a dock area between my two shipyards that will have small shanty town houses like in skyrim. Who will use them? No one, its just because.. I want too? Sounds like a good reason to me.

If you have a better idea of what to do in pve other than build big impressive and useless structures please let me know.  I stopped playing last time because I got my base done and couldnt think of anything else to do on pve.

Edit: I see why you assumed I would be raided. He said on pvp server. My mistake.  Still, lawless is the same on pve as on pvp i think. Never saw any difference.

Edited by Leenaya

On 4/14/2019 at 5:32 AM, Leenaya said:

Well, its true, everyone can build a foundation/cannon in front of your door. Thats the disadvantage compared to claim islands. On the other hand you can use a bear cannon everywhere anyways.

One big thing is the peace timers now. Lawless doesn't have them compared to a claimed island but if its pve that doesn't matter

The population on my pve lawless grid is up to 45 or so. Highest I have seen since relaunch and its not even the weekend.  The foundations are showing up, but its not a complete island cover yet.

Pvp lawless, which he was asking about, does seem to be a death sentence. But then again the idea of lawless was to make a temporary place there.  That idea just didn't translate to pve well since no one can shoot you anyway. 

All the good stuff about living for yourself and no drawbacks yet on pve lawless. Its a great place to build useless buildings. My fort is coming along well i think. Few more days to finish.

Edit: Forgot to mention. There is no repair bill to maintain a base yet. If and when there is I am up the creek without a dingy. My forts outer walls alone is over 500 single walls. Add the 150+ outer wall foundations and the entire central keep tower... All of it in stone which takes metal to build as well... I dont even want to think about paying maintenance.  

Edited by Leenaya

5 hours ago, photek said:

do you have to repair your stuff now on lawless or not?

there is no dmg decay on lawless...

On 4/14/2019 at 5:32 AM, Leenaya said:

You cant stop someone from building all around you and boxing you in.

you can be about 90% safe in lawless if you know how...