Bezdolnik

Proper Game Mechanics Documentation

The developers are being extremely careless in their documentation of basic game mechanics.  For example the exact rules for PVP Colonies flag claiming and contesting had to be basically learned through trial and error with everyone asking one another what exactly is going on.  Now according to the changelog there has been minor patches with changes being described but the original rules were never documented in the first place!

On official launch of 'Atlas 1.5' we were unable to capture an island due to sleeping players (allies) that were within the flag capture radius at a nearby base.  Another thing we noticed is that a sleeping character will not count as a contester, but it did seem to count as a defender.  Now we were mostly just experimenting and did not really care for the territory claim. 

With the changes implemented from the recent minor patches, it appeared our allies captured the island while we were sleeping, with their claim flag radius being entirely within our building.  So I have no idea what exactly are the rules and if they have been changed.   No such change was ever documented and so I have no idea how this works now. 

I have to basically search through these forums and other websites of peoples anecdotes and experiences to figure out how certain things work.  In fact I even read that the flag timer can also count upwards instead of only counting down.  Is it really so much to ask to just write a few bullet points of rules for this basic mechanic of the game? 

Edited by Bezdolnik
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bezdolnik said:

The developers are being extremely careless in their documentation of basic game mechanics.  For example the exact rules for PVP Colonies flag claiming and contesting had to be basically learned through trial and error with everyone asking one another what exactly is going on.  Now according to the changelog there has been minor patches with changes being described but the original rules were never documented in the first place!

On official launch of 'Atlas 1.5' we were unable to capture an island due to sleeping players (allies) that were within the flag capture radius at a nearby base.  Another thing we noticed is that a sleeping character will not count as a contester, but it did seem to count as a defender.  Now we were mostly just experimenting and did not really care for the territory claim. 

With the changes implemented from the recent minor patches, it appeared our allies captured the island while we were sleeping, with their claim flag radius being entirely within our building.  So I have no idea what exactly are the rules and if they have been changed.   No such change was ever documented and so I have no idea how this works now. 

I have to basically search through these forums and other websites of peoples anecdotes and experiences to figure out how certain things work.  In fact I even read that the flag timer can also count upwards instead of only counting down.  Is it really so much to ask to just write a few bullet points of rules for this basic mechanic of the game? 

Yep. I can get on board with this. Nowhere near enough detail. They do need to improve in this area.

• Like 1