twig_masters

Discovery zones Disabled for Single Grid unofficial Servers?

Hey guys I recently decided to get back into atlas after taking a short break for about a month. I come back after the big update and have had numerous issues getting my single grid private home based server back up and running. Turns out I was forced to start completely over because my character had become a hobbit and I couldn't even access any of my company structures, ships etc. because for some strange reason I was kicked from the company. OK no problem I will start new.

Anyway, I have a fresh single grid server set up finally and suddenly discovered that when I hit lvl 9 I could no longer level? In my experience bar it says something along the lines of "need to find more discoveries". I though OK no problem I will sail over to one of the islands where I set up a discovery zone on my custom single grid map. When I arrived I could see the name of the discovery zone but didn't receive any points. 

After doing some looking online I found mention of some INI settings....

PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps=100
bClampHomeServerXP=False
ClampHomeServerXPLevel=100 

I already had these settings in my game.ini file so that's not the problem. Have they completely disabled the ability to get past lvl 9 on a single grid server forcing players to rent larger servers? If this is the case I feel its a huge mistake and will only drive small groups and single players away from the game who would prefer to have a private server for friends only to play on. 

If anyone has any suggestions or a work around for this I would greatly appreciate your help.

I have done some more research on this and have found these commands mentioned on multiple forums. Even found a post here >>> 

Also found it on a few server rental sites with the same thing>>>> https://www.survivalservers.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6679-helpful-scripts-and-commands/ 

I am guessing either it is NOW disabled or it is broken with the recent update.

Has anyone else run into this and found a fix?

Ok I was over looking a setting in a 1x1 grid template I was using as a test that had settings in it over writing the config file. I have it sorted now so if anyone runs into this double check your map settings in the grid editor as well as your config.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:00 AM, twig_masters said:

Ok I was over looking a setting in a 1x1 grid template I was using as a test that had settings in it over writing the config file. I have it sorted now so if anyone runs into this double check your map settings in the grid editor as well as your config.

So how did you fix this? This should essentially should work for anyone whom is having an issue running 2x2, 3x3 etc etc when they have multiple home servers to spawn into and aren't able to make the discoveries in them.

I still dont get credit for discovery zones in the home region but I am not locked at lvl 8 with the correct settings in the server game.ini file

PlayerDefaultNoDiscoveriesMaxLevelUps=100
bClampHomeServerXP=False
ClampHomeServerXPLevel=100