Sign in to follow this  
José Gaspar

Population base moving to lawless already happening

Looking at the per server chart for EU PvP, population is fairly stable day-to-day peeking in high 2000's.

However, a couple exceptions, the player base has given up on trying own or live on claimable island and moving to lawless grids.   those that set up early on the lawless grids, made a good move.

I did not expect to see this latest change where taxes do not cost harvester anything.    But 10 days upkeep on lawless vs 4 days on claimed island may have something to do with this.

Further notice that Polar and to lesser extent Tundra grids are no or very low populations.  with two exception 10 or under on tundra less than 5 in polar,  C1/D1 have in the teens as a I observer now).     

Players have a definite preference for Tropical and Temperate where most claim grids have 10-20, and lawless have 20-30 players. Even the Tundra grid next to temperate are more populated than the ones next to polar.  There are a couple grids over 40 players (C7, E11, N9) and E11 is over 50.   

I hope Grapeshot is looking at this, and see if the trend continues or reverse and take that information in account when setting up NA PvE.   If they have time check out the high population grids and see what may them that way, and put things in-game to encourage that behavior.

As a solo player, it’s totally not worth the cost of trying to own even the smallest of islands. Almost all of my game time would be involved in keeping it. Even something as small as The  Shinning Isles in K7 (which would barely support 1 player) costs 244 gold per day.

I have been burned by other players in the past and don’t personally know anyone who owns an island ATM. I don’t see any reason to trust another company or benefit to setting up on someone else island. True, after 24 hours they cannot delete my stuff, but can still, at anytime prevent me building more.

So I’m setting up in Lawless. There isn’t any reason not to.

• Like 5

I’ve got great neighbors in L9 lawless so far, I just hope the good community continues. People are using the trading system and selling animals already. Alliances are forming and I have run into friends from the first time around.

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Vertrauen Sie mir, Gold ist der leichte Teil.

Ja, mit dieser Firma Grapesh * t zu bleiben, haben wir 3 Jahre lang gemacht. Seit sie das Wischen angekündigt haben (was innerhalb weniger Wochen / Monate wieder passieren wird), sind wir zuversichtlich, dass das Spiel so viel Potenzial hat, aber es gibt jemanden, der es kaum erwarten kann, Laser und Aliens hinzuzufügen, dass es das Spiel so töten wird hat begonnen / an uns verkauft. Nur ein paar Dinge, denen wir nach all den Tests begegnet sind (ja, richtig):

-Spiele fallen immer noch durch den Boden (warum kann ein Modbuilder das richtig machen und ein Multimillionen-Dollar-Unternehmen nicht?)

- Wenn Sie auf der Insel behaupten wollen, KEIN Headsup, dass die Insel behauptet wird. Daher ist es eine große Überraschung, wenn Sie alle Anstrengungen unternommen haben, um mit Gold dorthin zu gelangen, 10 Minuten raus, um es zu bekommen, und alle plötzlichen ANSPRÜCHE und Wettbewerbe. BS.

-Tiere noch durch Wände angreifen (seufzen)

-Tiere werden immer noch in Gebäude laichen

-Spieler können NOCH auf Schatzkartenstandorte bauen 

-Keine Administratoren auf Servern, um etwas über die Pillar-Spam-Mails zu tun, noch eine Möglichkeit, dies zu überprüfen

KEINE VERSPRECHENDE HAUT FÜR "DAS SPIEL GROSS MACHEN" !!!

-Tiere bleiben beim Laden immer noch in Booten stecken

-Während Zähmung, Nachricht zum Füttern erhalten, ABER NICHT GEEIGNET !!!

-40% mehr Insel, wo hinzugefügt wurde. Oh, das ist cool, wie viele sind jetzt geltend zu machen? Auch 40%? 

-Kleine / Solo-Unternehmen, bei denen mehr Schüsse bei der Beantragung von Ansprüchen bestehen. LMAO, wir haben nach 20 Stunden einen Eiswürfel bekommen. FFS.

-SOTD spawnen jetzt, mit dem ganzen Kader, ganz vorne UND im Hintergrund.

-Tornados Absolut lächerlich in der Stärke.

Und weiter und weiter...

Oh, noch etwas, ich kann nicht umhin, das Gefühl zu bekommen, dass sie immer noch nicht auf die Spieler hören. "Ja, sie wollen komplette Inseln im PvE, nicht nur ein paar Flaggen pro Person pro Unternehmen." 

Ich gebe dir 100% recht  die Lawless Inseln sind so voll wie nie das team  Spielt ja auch kein PVE sonst hätten die, den Mist auch nicht so umgesetzt wie es jetzt ist.
Wenn ich an das altes Anspruch System denke hat hat man noch was claimen können.( nach wochen )
das hätte man nur verbessern müssen  die fahnen begrenzen ( und für jede Fahne Gold bezahlen sage mal 5 bis 10 Gold und maximal 20 Fahnen ) aber so wie es jetzt ist haben die solo oder die zu zweit spielen  kein grund mehr zu spielen.
Ich werde mich echt zurück ziehen aus Atlas bist das Team erkannt hat das es so nicht läuft das die nur an große Gruppen denken und nicht an uns.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give you 100% right the Lawless Islands are so full like never the team plays so synonymous no PVE otherwise would have, the crap not so implemented as it is now. If I think of the old claim system, you can still claim something. (After weeks) that would only have to improve the flags limit (and pay for each flag gold say 5 to 10 gold and a maximum of 20 flags) but as it is now have the solo or two players play no reason to play. I'll really pull myself back from Atlas the team has realized that it does not work that only think of big groups and not us.

• Thanks 1

This move move is even more significant today.    Good news this morning total population is mid 3000's  while populations in lawless are significantly increasing, claim areas continue to drop numbers, with exception of SW temperate and tropical. they are growing, good things may be going on there.

Edited by José Gaspar

I wouldnt put it past the designers to look at the numbers and come to the wrong conclusion. I would think "Make claimed islands better"  They will think "Nerf lawless!"

Best not to spread around the tales of the golden lands of love, peace, harmony and friendship that is lawless. 

• Like 3

Now average lawless grid population is almost double of claim grid.   not even a week in.   This weekend will be telling.  the more I watch this move, the more I want NA PvE to be all lawless.

Went straight to lawless, noticed the timer is now 10 days even better so can understand why people are on lawless.

I don't get the hype about claim flags, i like to build and help each other on an island, lawless gives me all that.

They will need to change claim system in a big way to get me off lawless. I could have lived with a couple of flags per company but the way it is now still doesn't work out well. 

16 hours ago, Realtoltek said:

We are at K4 population is growing here :). 17 settlers yesterday.

K4 is one of the busier Claim area, but is less than the average for lawless grids also in the Temperate Biome.

The average for lawless is now more than double than the claim islands, and the difference is growing every day.

• Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:03 PM, José Gaspar said:

Now average lawless grid population is almost double of claim grid.   not even a week in.   This weekend will be telling.  the more I watch this move, the more I want NA PvE to be all lawless.

One only needed to read the forum over the last month or two to know this was going to happen. I logged in the day the EU server came up, set my home server to a lawless and have yet to step foot on a claimed/claimable island.

The forum was of posts about slavery, no landlords or just make a few small fixes to the old system.

The only way they will get players in to the claim system is to add a poison pill to lawless. An act that I'm sure will backfire on them. This dev team really needs someone that has a better understanding of human nature / their player base. At some point this dev team needs to understand that they keep coming up with ideas that people are not interested in. 

Many people love this game and yet hate the direction it keeps heading.

Personally, I don't understand WHY the Devs have SOO many Tundra servers, when it's much more work to simply survive there, let alone thrive! Someone once told me that the Tundra area was an end-game area. My argument to that is: "Since when have we EVER wanted to move from a salty resource-rich area like the Tropics to a cruddy Tundra area where there is HARDLY any resources except for metal and berries." The Tundra sucks. If the Devs wanted to increase their player base they'd make only 1 Northern and 1 Southern Tundra row - not 3! Increase the Tropics and Temperate zones by 1 each, and let us all live there where we like it! The few who still want a Tundra zone - well, they can have it!

Edited by Cantore

On 4/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, Leenaya said:

I wouldnt put it past the designers to look at the numbers and come to the wrong conclusion. I would think "Make claimed islands better"  They will think "Nerf lawless!"

Best not to spread around the tales of the golden lands of love, peace, harmony and friendship that is lawless. 

haha yes they will take this as players want ark style play , no claims and pillar spam , they wont think damn we messed up , lets reinstate the old claim system but with limits on how many flags a player / company can place ,,,,,

I guess they don't care that PvE players are not liking colonies (full island ownership) and are going with it in NA PvE.   A quick look at the grid populations, is that player populations of EU PvP Colony grids maxes out at 12 with vast majoriity being in single digits,  yet the average Lawless grid is in the high teens, reaching up to over 30.

I was holding out open that the Developers would catch a clue about PvE players and at least try an all-lawless map to set player preference, but the last Captains Log, made me loose all hope for the Developers ever understanding the PvE game.  It the NA PvE server does open with colonies, I will leave and not look back.   I have already uninstalled the game and was hoping the the developers would look at the play patterns of the one PvE server they do have and get some clue how PvE players want to play, but I was overly optimistic.

Happy Sailing.

Before the wipe you had like 3-4 islands per grid, now they have at least 5 islands, more landmass means there is more space to build, in PVE most people will most likely play in smaller groups since you don't really need to make alliances or anything, just get some foundations, tame, build, sail, have fun, no one will kill you. 

So it does make sense to see more people on lawless, I have a small company and we took land, but we can keep it, if I was by myself I would go to lawless because it gives more beathing space. 

• Like 1

So far so good on lawless in EU L9. There are a couple of pillars here and there and a few ‘Kong Walls’  but mostly it’s people acting very reasonable and kind. It’s a far cry from the 1st go round. There were thatch foundations everywhere and I haven’t seen any except where people plan on building. I also think the extra land has helped out a lot. If we had free player shops, lawless would have city’s like in the trailer. 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:50 PM, José Gaspar said:

I was holding out open that the Developers would catch a clue about PvE players and at least try an all-lawless map to set player preference

That would be a mistake.  Settlements are rejected because they offer no benefit over lawless on PVE.  But that does not mean that lawless is the preferred server type, it just means it is the lesser of two evils choice.  If they had listened to their customer base the overwhelming opinion was that Empires flagging system on PVE would work if it had limits and rules.   Unofficial PVE which runs it with limits and rules is proof it was a good system poorly implemented.  If they are going to server experiment it should be with Empires PVE with limits and rules.

Edited by krazmuze

Prior to the wipe, our small company was able to find a claim spot... after the wipe, it appears Lawless is our only option due to low point islands are gone, and we don't feel like putting time and effort into establishing a base where the owner could evict us on a whim.

Your stuff is still much less safe in lawless where they can set a mortar at your front door, I think what we are seeing here is, people are FARMING in lawless to move off and set up on a claim. 

Lawless still sucks for boat parking and it's always raidable.. 

17 ppl in I2 Lawless Tundra.

We took our old spot in Millertown and while there are just a single base and few bear-traps around, all other islands are growing (especially Neeval, there is just a HUGE base growing there).

go to the main pve na discord and ask companies if you can set up shop. you will have 3-4 offers.  Our company found  great spot on a huge resource rich island. and we don't have to pay gold or deal with lawless griefers. Place an ad and vette some island owners. Im sure you can find a place to live.