Sign in to follow this  
Sulfurblade

Observations since return

I started at the M7 Freeport on NA Colonies PvP....

It was deserted nobody around....  The most empty I have ever seen a Free Port not even a ship!

(I think something needs to be done to utilize the Free Ports better, Especially with the new introduction of Vendors there should be a way to rent free port land for Vendors)

The First Lawless zone I visited was equally as deserted and at this point I think that Lawless Zones are Pointless inside of the current game and just take up zones that could be additional islands for people to live on.

The first Populated zone I came to actually had people atleast a half dozen friendly voices in chat, was a bit surprising!  As Back when I use to play there were far more people and no one was helpfull or chatty in the real zones, except to warn you away and threaten to kill you if you set foot on there land.  This time around people were welcoming and inviting infact multiple islands in the zone were trying to get me to land and build on them.   

So from first glance the new Colony System has seemingly had a marked improvement on the game, but I am still a bit skeptical about the one claim take all approach to islands!  

I think its a marked improvement but at the same time I think it would make far more sense to go back too a Radius Claim system as many of these islands are far to big to be owned bye 1 Group.  

I would change the radius around the claim from a Circle to a Square as Squares make far better borders and I would make the squares big enough that about 4 of them could be fit on the biggest islands....  Or Overlay 4 squares over every island and water around it and make those like claim zones, so that its not 1 claim takes all the island but 4 claims instead....

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

I started at the M7 Freeport on NA Colonies PvP....

It was deserted nobody around....  The most empty I have ever seen a Free Port not even a ship!

(I think something needs to be done to utilize the Free Ports better, Especially with the new introduction of Vendors there should be a way to rent free port land for Vendors)

The First Lawless zone I visited was equally as deserted and at this point I think that Lawless Zones are Pointless inside of the current game and just take up zones that could be additional islands for people to live on.

The first Populated zone I came to actually had people atleast a half dozen friendly voices in chat, was a bit surprising!  As Back when I use to play there were far more people and no one was helpfull or chatty in the real zones, except to warn you away and threaten to kill you if you set foot on there land.  This time around people were welcoming and inviting infact multiple islands in the zone were trying to get me to land and build on them.   

So from first glance the new Colony System has seemingly had a marked improvement on the game, but I am still a bit skeptical about the one claim take all approach to islands!  

I think its a marked improvement but at the same time I think it would make far more sense to go back too a Radius Claim system as many of these islands are far to big to be owned bye 1 Group.  

I would change the radius around the claim from a Circle to a Square as Squares make far better borders and I would make the squares big enough that about 4 of them could be fit on the biggest islands....  Or Overlay 4 squares over every island and water around it and make those like claim zones, so that its not 1 claim takes all the island but 4 claims instead....

If the freeports  are that dead they either need to put the damn vendors and or auction houses(player shops) in the Freeports. 

Wth is wrong with them. The only point of a Freeport is to be a hub for players whether it is for npcs or whatever. 

Get rid of the freeports if you aren’t going to utilize them

Edited by Realist