Sign in to follow this  
Fynious

Losing Ships Quickly

I have built sloops from the Freeport zones 3 times, only to have them sunk the next day when I log in.  They are anchored close to shore, but I'm swimming in the wreckage when I log in the next day.  Can someone explain why this is happening?

Thanks

Freeport decay is now back on, was turned off.   Do not leave ships overnight in freeport or Golden Age area, they will likely be sunk or at least have significant damage.

This mechanic makes sense and it doesn't I have very mixed feeling about the mechanic....

The pro's for the Mechanic is it keeps the Free Ports clean and tidy, and not a safe parking location, so you can avoid partaking in the real world of the game!

The Negative for the Mechanic is New Players are learning the game they will often,

-Take the wrong skills and not progress efficiently

-Run out of time and leave a ship docked, with the idea they can come back tomorrow and find it there.

-Sail away with there new ship without properly, preparing with a Bed on board, or Mats for repairs or clothing to deal with the weather.

I think the best option would be to change the decay on the Ramshackle Sloop to 50 per Hour, this would mean a Ramshackle sloop would last a little over 48 hours.

And leave the ultra high decay for all other ships!!!  So people don't decide to try to use the free port as free parking!