Empire or Colonial NA PVE  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have the NA PVE server

• Empire bases with the old area flag claim system, limiting the number of flags per person
    • Colonial based where the entire island is claimed
    • No claims

i dont mind the current land claim system on the eu pve server, its manageable but i also understand folks point of view about not getting to own their own land. i honestly dont see what was wrong with the old system IF THEY HAD LIMITED IT to ONE FLAG PER PERSON, and capped the company at like 30 members.

They wanted to manufacture some arbitrary reason to make people log in, becuase the entire map, before the wipe, was claimed, but people would only hop on every couple days/weeks to refresh, then disappear again.  Unfortunately, combining their plan to make the game more active with the ability to own land, THEN signifigantly limiting the number of people that could own land by letting them claim entire islands, failed to achieve multiple goals.

If they kept the claim flags, significantly limited them, then added a small/managable upkeep for one person, they would get a whole lot more activity in the game, and way more people would get their own litle tract of land.  With individual claims, people don't lose everything if they split from a Company.  And even one flag was plenty of room for one person. 

In a company, you would contribute your ability to place another claim, and everyone would know what they were responsible for.  And, if there wasn't enough room to place a claim, that just means you could help the company get gold for the claims they do have.

With one flag per person, they would marry the amount of land a company could hold to the number of people it has.

Even better, they could incentivize Companies to place claims in clusters with lowered upkeep, or maximum taxes based on concurrent flags, or whatever.