Sign in to follow this  
TiiaAurora

What happens to your buildings when...?

So if you now build on an unclaimed island, settle up to maybe get it claimed and someone else is faster. What happens to your buildings? 

Someone said they are going to transfer ownership to the new island owner, which seems crazy to me, cause why should I build on unclaimed then? 

Did someone had it happen before or how are the rules? Just for me to know where to invest my time for my starter base. 

If the item is places 24 hours prior and vistied in past 4 days, it cannot be destroyed by new owner.

Edited by José Gaspar

2 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

If the item is places 24 hours prior and vistied in past 4 days, it cannot be destroyed by new owner.

Yea but someone from our old alliance build on an unclaimed island and when it got claimed by someone else he said all his buildings switched ownership to the island owner. So I wonder if that is a bug or intentional.

Also does every item have a 24h grace period or is it just the initial first one and after that your buildings are safe? 

15 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

What about when a new person put a flag down or takes it over, does that 24hr timer reset to the new owner? If it does they can demolish whatever is there within their 24hr period. I don't know how it fully works because i've settled on lawless again to be safe, I don't want to build only for someone to wipe out hours of work.

8 minutes ago, DannyUK said:

What about when a new person put a flag down or takes it over, does that 24hr timer reset to the new owner? If it does they can demolish whatever is there within their 24hr period. I don't know how it fully works because i've settled on lawless again to be safe, I don't want to build only for someone to wipe out hours of work.

The timer does not reset with new owner.

If you take an island over and the building have been there 24 hours and the owner has been there in past 4 days you cannot destroy the existing structures..     You cannot get rid of old pillar spam that the prior owner put down either, until they have not been on for 4 days.,

Edited by José Gaspar

25 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

The timer does not reset with new owner.

If you take an island over and the building have been there 24 hours and the owner has been there in past 4 days you cannot destroy the existing structures..     You cannot get rid of old pillar spam that the prior owner put down either, until they have not been on for 4 days.,

does that apply yo only old items built , as if for example i add to my fence or build my tower higher can u he come along and remove the top of my newly built tower? as that would be couter intuative to having my building safe at bottom but not safe if i expand upwards , is it safe as long as the items are connected ?

Edited by UDO

7 minutes ago, UDO said:

does that apply yo only old items built , as if for example i add to my fence or build my tower higher can u he come along and remove the top of my newly built tower? as that would be couter intuative to having my building safe at bottom but not safe if i expand upwards , is it safe as long as the items are connected ?

Unfortunately I did not get to test that in PTR.   I would expect it not to be protected, but I do not know.

I can confirm it stays your building/ship bc i was on a unclaimed island and my building is still mine and was built 32 hours before it was claimed

9 minutes ago, travis843 said:

I can confirm it stays your building/ship bc i was on a unclaimed island and my building is still mine and was built 32 hours before it was claimed

good information , what about new parts that u add to the building

3 hours ago, UDO said:

good information , what about new parts that u add to the building

Now that i think would count as post claim and demolishable by the owner but i havent confirmed it. As i read it after 10 or 12 hrs it is only demolishable by you, unless it changed. Its all in the patch notes.

Edited by travis843