Sign in to follow this  
Mzone

Whole base destroyed when offline

Our whole base was destroyed when we where offline. someone claimed the island an demolished all our structures!! 

The devs really want me to quit this game???

it starts , why did the devs implement this ridiculous system , 

here devs PVE is not the same as PVP , what works well on pvp isnt going to work on pve , there is no way to get revenge if your base is removed ,

by all means keep this riduculous griefing  claim system if u must ,but any bases built more than 24 hours before the island is claimed must be immune to the demolish rules or i can see more and more of these threads starting as the larger islands start to get claimed 

Edited by UDO

Yes I heard that's what can happen, you can spend days building anything you like, someone comes along and puts a flag down they can demolish the lot, hours wasted.

I was under the impression they can't destroy structures after a certain time but it looks like it isn't the case.

This is the reason I went straight back to lawless, I had fun there last time so I made sure I rushed to the island only to find people already started to put foundations down, so i've done the same to map out an are on the island to build, it's the only way.

Just now, DannyUK said:

I was under the impression they can't destroy structures after a certain time but it looks like it isn't the case.

I believe that still is the case, but it's a 24 hour period I believe, so a lot of the structures that have been built so far on officials will still be in that window by the time people claim islands now.

I still think the whole mechanic is awful.

2 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I believe that still is the case, but it's a 24 hour period I believe, so a lot of the structures that have been built so far on officials will still be in that window by the time people claim islands now.

I still think the whole mechanic is awful.

Ah yes you're probably right but what about if someone take a flag over does that reset for another 24hrs? If it does you're still not safe. I don't like it either, i've gone lawless, I can build what I want and head off on adventures, I'm happy for now lol. I can see it changing slightly though, they have to if most are not happy with it.

They can destroy anything placed in past 24 hours.   So when I island is claimed, anything build last 24 hours is demolishable by owner.   after that its like old lawless 4 days of not visiting your base become vulnerable again to owner.

I highly recommend if do not have specific permission from owner to build do not do so.   Most owners will assume everyone else is a potential greifer, and destroy first ask questions later.  heck they even get taxes from you collecting materials while rebuilding.

I do not know why developers think PvE players want to have large groups, as majority of groups are small groups of friends in PvE that play causally. 

Seeing that the population is around 3K on PvE at peek, the game did not reach critical mass were the world is alive and the move to lawless is already happening with the lawless regions holding steady or growing with players and the claim regions dropping.  If they should these number tracked and graphed, if they don't the are doomed to fail.   Unfortunately they probably interpret this as no one wants to play PvE and no open the NA PvE server.

By now all lawless islands will be foundation spammed. I spent over 350 hours on PVE is this game and this is by far the worst claiming system update ever. So bad I don't want to play anymore. 😞

so which one is it then 24hrs from placement or 24hrs after a new claim is done , ie im on large island that hasnt been claimed when island is claimed does a 24hr timer kick in ? or is my base safe 

I’m actually very sorry that happened. You have my sympathies and the devs should too. I’m in L9 Lawless just waiting for the spam/grief storm to begin. It won’t be any better for us when jerks wall us in or cover the land in pillars. 

yep.... Im on lawless also.... refuse to play this stupid suck an island owners ego to build there.... all I ask is that they make the build radius bigger so I don't have to spam as many foundations.... foundations every few feet look stupid.... would like to only have to spam one every 50 to 100 feet.... then I would not have to spam but a few to secure my little corner of an island and it would look a lot better....

5 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

yep.... Im on lawless also.... refuse to play this stupid suck an island owners ego to build there.... all I ask is that they make the build radius bigger so I don't have to spam as many foundations.... foundations every few feet look stupid.... would like to only have to spam one every 50 to 100 feet.... then I would not have to spam but a few to secure my little corner of an island and it would look a lot better....

this even my pen has foundations every 2 foot in case some asshats decide it would be funny to wal in my tames 

5 hours ago, José Gaspar said:

Unfortunately they probably interpret this as no one wants to play PvE and no open the NA PvE server.

Which is a real shame if they do.  I know far too many players who want to come back but won't play on EU for the ping.  They're waiting for that before they come back.

3 hours ago, UDO said:

so which one is it then 24hrs from placement or 24hrs after a new claim is done , ie im on large island that hasnt been claimed when island is claimed does a 24hr timer kick in ? or is my base safe 

Not sure.  As of yesterday, it hadn't even been 24 hours since the first builds and the first claims.  The only way to know for sure is for someone to lose their claim today and see if anything built first hour, first day is demolishable.  I'd like to believe it's not.

Edited by B3rry