travis843

HARVEST RATES ARE APPALLING

Post wipe game had a rate of like 100 to 150 wood per tree. Now its like 30 to 50.  Taming rates are about half as well. This is a farming-grinder game yet again and no 2x weekend. Atlas 1.5 is just a hyped up version of the first release with all the same bugs still present as the first release. Great job grapeshot on working months and accomplishing nothing. Its lucky im not their boss or id do a company wipe and start fresh as well. Months of work and nothing getting done is grounds for termination. Great job on nothing. You took a great game and destroyed it. Good luck on your next project because this one is in the toilet.

So you played when they had 6x rates after the wipe announcment, or when they had high rates during ptr, and  you thought those rates would stay the same?

Were not having any trouble with just two of us. I think the 2x weekends every weekend were a mistake to set a precedent for, they've already adjusted rates when the game came out. Get out of stone tier hatchets, or tame an elephant.

Thoses rate are pretty good actually.
Nor too easy, nor too punishing

Hope the x2 event won't be every week-end
Peoples tend to only play on week-end with that config 😕

The rates are fine, and i'm a solo player too. The 2x events are a nice and welcome gift, but I don't want them re-introduced every weekend, just keep them for special occasions. For example, Easter, Christmas etc, but please not every weekend.

• Like 1

That one thing I cannot complain about.   The old 6x rates I spent more time running materials to storage than actually harvesting them.     With this rate, get to adventure some with each harvest run.   And materials are better matched to level gain, once tames are common, harvest rates are good.    No of this one swipe for 2000 berries.

that rate is actually 2x now of starting rate. 

I think the rates are just fine, took me and my wife less the 3 hrs to build a schooner without tames

I also think that the rates are fine.

I'll admit though that it is a bit of a mental shift to be playing a new character on reduced rates again ... I mean I don't remember it being such a pain to keep from starving to death or being unable to make certain tools or craft certain items.  It's kind of nostalgic really ...

We got spoiled as hell with all the boosts. I'm fine with the harvest rates as is with an occaisonal bonus weekend.

I was playing on day 2 of release. When the wife was announced I did not play much after that. So no I didn't get used to the 6 x rates and I have a life on weekend so I missed most 2X weekends. The Harvest rate is almost half of what it used to be. They tried to make this game not as much as a grind is the pre wipe days but I guess that's just out the window. The reviews speak for them self in this game and no matter if it's a dollar with all the negative reviews I doubt it will sell any more. But let's face it the new claim system is more of a game killer than the Harvest rates and most anything else.

Guess we wont See x2 Harvest for a few Weeks so that only People Who can maintain the upkeep with normal Rates keep ownership And Not ppl who log on Weekends to Farm the upkeep on x2 Events .

Rates are fine for me too. 160k wood with an elephant in 3 hours is really enough. 

• Like 1

I can only really put any time in Atlas at the weekend, so the 2x rates work brilliantly for me.  It allows us to keep up somewhat with the Jones's.  One has to get into the mindset that weekdays are normal, and weekends are a bonus..  makes sense, some of us have work during the week, I work long days, and any week day game time is absolutely premium.  Mostly, and primarily just to keep an eye on things, with no actual gameplay.

2x weekends is what we live for, it's perfect as is.

On 4/13/2019 at 12:14 PM, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

The rates are fine, and i'm a solo player too. The 2x events are a nice and welcome gift, but I don't want them re-introduced every weekend, just keep them for special occasions. For example, Easter, Christmas etc, but please not every weekend.

The Rates are not fine, they are extreme low, they need to push a little bit the gathering rate, we are not living in this game, with this attitude players will leave the game 

3 hours ago, kolonelu said:

The Rates are not fine, they are extreme low, they need to push a little bit the gathering rate, we are not living in this game, with this attitude players will leave the game 

What low ?
You can harvest 10 thousand of fiber in a minute, same for thatch.
And 10k in less than an hour for woods.

Rate are pretty fine, just tame animals

36 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

What low ?
You can harvest 10 thousand of fiber in a minute, same for thatch.
And 10k in less than an hour for woods.

Rate are pretty fine, just tame animals

On the right island you can do that.  😉

On 4/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, trqfreak350 said:

So you played when they had 6x rates after the wipe announcment, or when they had high rates during ptr, and  you thought those rates would stay the same?

Were not having any trouble with just two of us. I think the 2x weekends every weekend were a mistake to set a precedent for, they've already adjusted rates when the game came out. Get out of stone tier hatchets, or tame an elephant.

This.

Harvesting rates are totally fine.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

I'm in desert ^^

Still better than polar for sure.. But it's polar after all x) 

Right. I've lived in nothing but desert since day 1. Some desert islands are loaded some are very sparse.

I TOTALLY agree some tweaking could be done... I suspect the rates feel more or less punishing depending on the island that the player settles on; for instance the island we are on has almost no metal (which we can deal with), But (especially in early game) the fiber ratio seems really low. I've found this on most of the islands in our zone. Until we were able to scrape together enough resources to build a Schooner and tame a bear, the struggle was painful -- Not fun. I agree with the non-hardcore crowd here. the time sync is too much for the average player with the current rates. This game should be less about spamming the "E" key, and more about trade, sailing, and adventure. The "survival struggle" is a holdovers from ARK, and (to the designer) it would be worth doing some soul searching to see if those mechanics truly belong in THIS game. <-- in some cases the answer may still be yes, but I would wager you could trim this down and still have a really enjoyable experience based on player interaction, rather than the daily grind.

More to the point -- Basic resources should not be limited by island biome  -- these are essential for early game development, and not viable as trade commodities, since they are needed to build up the basic infrastructure for trade.  I can see less common and rare commodities having variable rates (to encourage trade), but not the common stuff.

Harvest rates are fine. I can collect 20k of wood, stone or thatch in 15 mins with a tame. Probably 25 or 30k of fiber in the same amount of time. Less than a days work for a galleon by myself.

On 4/13/2019 at 5:09 AM, globytheoldpirate said:

Hope the x2 event won't be every week-end
Peoples tend to only play on week-end with that config 😕

Not necessarily true.  I used to play every single night post-wipe. I would do my ship and structure building during the x2 events, and I would do adventures during the week. It worked out great for  us, since our company is comprised of working class men with families.

The rates aren't bad, we were shipwrecked on an island and we were able to build a large shipyard, salvage our schooner, and only had a bear to do this with. We harvested 30k wood and thatch with hand tools between the two of us and got a brigantine done in 3-4 hours.