Salty Jack

Grapeshot.... if you insist on this system at least give us this....

small 2 or 3 man company CANNOT claim a island.... all the small ones are gone... especially for NA PVE players who were willing to wait the 2 weeks for the NA PVE server.... but with Dolly not throwing around the term "possibility" of getting a NA PVE server when the NA PVEers realize that EU PVE is all they gonna get it will be lawless or nothing....

so, I beg  you, for the love of all that is holy at the very least increase the build radius on foundation/pillars on lawless to what it is everywhere else....

People ARE going to pillar spam on lawless (where the little guy is forced to play) so please make it so it does not look so damn trashy....

I know you don't give a shit about PVE players but think about this.... the sever will have less lag the fewer pillars you force us to place....

this is for PVE by the way....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Salty Jack said:

small 2 or 3 man company CANNOT claim a island.... all the small ones are gone... especially for NA PVE players who were willing to wait the 2 weeks for the NA PVE server.... but with Dolly not throwing around the term "possibility" of getting a NA PVE server when the NA PVEers realize that EU PVE is all they gonna get it will be lawless or nothing....

so, I beg  you, for the love of all that is holy at the very least increase the build radius on foundation/pillars on lawless to what it is everywhere else....

People ARE going to pillar spam on lawless (where the little guy is forced to play) so please make it so it does not look so damn trashy....

I know you don't give a shit about PVE players but think about this.... the sever will have less lag the fewer pillars you force us to place....

this is for PVE by the way....

THE LAWLESS RADIUS is the same on all grids 😕 

can be a problem later as players climb into your taming pen and fence in your tames , or build a wall right around your base cos they dont want you on THIER island .. the radius needs increasing everywhere but lawless, 

Edited by UDO

1 hour ago, UDO said:

THE LAWLESS RADIUS is the same on all grids 😕 

can be a problem later as players climb into your taming pen and fence in your tames , or build a wall right around your base cos they dont want you on THIER island .. the radius needs increasing everywhere but lawless, 

This. There will be a lot of griefing if there is not a decent building radius 

You can join an island that is already claimed.

With my company we claim an island, we allow people to build on it without destroying them (exept grieffers) and we set low tax.
A lot of owner do this, it is better for an owner to allow people farming on their islands, to build, etc..
Cuz we got that small % of tax, which help us to pay the island.

We could set 50% tax but nobody would come, so we set 10%
Which isn't too much compared to the cost of the island we pay

A lot of people do as we do, or at leat, will do
The system is made to work like that 🙂 

Edited by globytheoldpirate

5 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

With my company we claim an island, we allow people to build on it without destroying them (expect grieffers) and we set low tax.
A lot of owner do this, it is better for an owner to allow people farming on their islands, to build, etc..

im hoping there are a lot more like you guys , as u say if the owners want to be silly they wont have anyone there , more so on the bigger islands that can hold a lot more company and players , will only benefit them , 

during last phase i had tax set at 2% i had more maetal and mats than i knew what to do with as so many players farmed in the area , this setting at 50 % and hoping for tons of mats is false economy 1 player at 50% or 10 at 10% i know which one i would go with 

Edited by UDO

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

im hoping there are a lot more like you guys , as u say if the owners want to be silly they wont have anyone there , more so on the bigger islands that can hold a lot more company and players 

The most people there is on the islands, the better it is.
For now, I think that a lot of owner doesn't understand that, so they put high taxe, or destroy anything they see.
But they will change in time.

The hardest thing, for not-owner players, is to find a "good lord" they can trust

42 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

The most people there is on the islands, the better it is.
For now, I think that a lot of owner doesn't understand that, so they put high taxe, or destroy anything they see.
But they will change in time.

The hardest thing, for not-owner players, is to find a "good lord" they can trust

so far the island im on hasnt been claimed im taking a risk but what ever

30 minutes ago, UDO said:

so far the island im on hasnt been claimed im taking a risk but what ever

Hope you get what you are looking for ^^
But be carefull, owning an island cost a lot .-.

I think they need to remove lot of lawless zones. Like one square where the PortTown is and islands on that square to be lawless.Aditional lawless squares around the Port town sqare just take too much Squares FROM THE WHOLE MAP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, globytheoldpirate said:

Hope you get what you are looking for ^^
But be carefull, owning an island cost a lot .-.

We have a small one, and 110 every 12-14 hours has been hectic trying to keep up while working 12 our shifts this weekend lol

Just now, trqfreak350 said:

We have a small one, and 110 every 12-14 hours has been hectic trying to keep up while working 12 our shifts this weekend lol

Yeah same, our is 202, we'll pass most of the week-end to get some advance in the rent ^^

Just find a small one thats taken, but with a decent tax. We claimed a small one and set the tax to 15%; prolly going to change it to 10% even anyway. And as long as people dont grieve others or try to reserve the whole island with pillars/foundations we dont interfere. The only reason we even claimed one was to avoid 50% tax and a random idiot who destroys all you built.

UDO....  you are telling me that the build radius on claimable islands is the same as on lawless ?..... I don’t think so...... it has to be at least 5 times bigger..... I want it to be that big or even bigger on lawless..... 

bigger build radius means less Pillars you need..... your taming pen would be safe.... your neighbors could not build as close to you causing less trouble.... less lag from way less foundations.....

but mostly I want bigger radius because I like to build pretty bases and a crapload of foundations in the yard kills the look of the build.....

6 hours ago, Salty Jack said:

UDO....  you are telling me that the build radius on claimable islands is the same as on lawless ?..... I don’t think so...... it has to be at least 5 times bigger..... I want it to be that big or even bigger on lawless..... 

bigger build radius means less Pillars you need..... your taming pen would be safe.... your neighbors could not build as close to you causing less trouble.... less lag from way less foundations.....

but mostly I want bigger radius because I like to build pretty bases and a crapload of foundations in the yard kills the look of the build.....

Yeah, it's not.  Lawless is a tiny radius where people do fence in tames and builds.  Happened to my buds yesterday 😕  It needs to be bigger to reduce the pillar spam stressing the servers as well as to make it require a LOT more materials if someone's gonna be a griefer and place gate after gate around someone else's reasonable build.  But of course, they went the opposite to make it easier to grief and stress servers. :classic_blink:

Not even sure there is a need for lawless servers any more.  Certainly not 4 per freeport.  Also don't need polar, tundra on the N & S poles is fine, give us 2 more lines of equatorial regions instead.  More islands open up to be claimed that way and with free build anywhere (with 24 hours owner destroy privilege) the total newb coming in 6 months later can still build their first little shipyard and make a real sloop or schooner.  My island is reasonable to anyone wanting to build there, we've only removed 3 builds so far.  1 because it was on top of metal nodes and bear thatch and another because the dude promised it was temporary and didn't pull it down himself and the last because it was a box around the contesting flag and I think the guy split when he lost anyway.

As for pillar spam on my island, I'm doing that for now, but I have plans to build across the whole area I spammed off.  Gonna have a huge dock with public parking to enhance our trade business.  Also, it's only in the spots we claimed for ourselves as specified in the flag notice.  Anyone ignoring what we said (don't build on resources and this 1/4 of the tiny island is ours) gets removed.  Hasn't been an issue yet.

14 hours ago, globytheoldpirate said:

With my company we claim an island, we allow people to build on it without destroying them (exept grieffers) and we set low tax.

I'm with a different company to the poster. But this is exactly what we have done to. We welcome folk who want to stay but also try to keep our island free of spam foundations.