Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Please prove to me that it is hard to build

HeI have heard a lot of people saying it is hard to build. I just don’t understand why. You have the tames right? 

I mean sure you have to go to other islands to get resources but that shouldn’t be a big deal. This is a grinding game. I know people don’t want it to be but even if they got further away from the ark style it is still going to be a grind game.

so what exactly is the problem as far as this goes? It can’t be the claims because even people that own islands still complain about the grind. We have people saying it’s easy mode but some others say the grind is too much.

hell, I have even seen people on here say they refuse to use tames and use hand tools. As well as the original 1x begin 2x right now.

i am totally with you guys as far as hating to be wiped but if you say you lost weeks of work and you only lost a 20x20 base then that isn’t a pvp problem. It’s I grind problem.

what do you need to make to make it easier?

18 minutes ago, Forb Hidden said:

Go buy the game and play it first... Then u would not ask some silly bs.

Don’t need to. Pretty easy to figure out

It's not hard to build, this is my build so far that i've been working on official PvE since 1.5 launch.

pUDwNn2.jpg

It's not hard at all, it's just a grind, which I don't mind because if there was no grind people would progress so quick they'd get bored with little new stuff to do.

Just to note I play solo so have no help, and have no tames besides a Sheep and a Cow. Neither of which are resource tames and no resource tames actually spawn in this area unfortunately.

Granted most of my stuff is wood and some old thatch structures, but i'll upgrade some of it, mainly the building to stone at some point. I just have no pure metal nodes on the island so gotta either farm small amounts of silver slowly or go elsewhere to farm pure metal. Also no crystal either. But this game is designed to be a long game.

Also have had no issues from settlement owner either, I have no concerns about building even with the window of 24 hours that it can be destroyed. Hell i've had Cobras, Tigers and Lions nearly destroy stuff than some pirate land owner has. I've lost 2 rafts yesterday because I got them stuck lol, not always easy to steer but shrugged that off. Tax is set to 12% but I never even think of it when farming.

There's a massive tall rock, one of those really high ones, I just swim over to it, climb right to the top and farm 10,000 fiber with a metal sickle, no need for a bear. 10,000 fiber lasts me a good amount of time meaning I only have to do the trip minimal times.

Do we need 2x weekends? Absolutely not. I'd say for taming maybe, because taming is a ball ache mechanic, but for resource gathering, XP etc nope no need for 2x every weekend.

Building is easy and fun..... note when I say fun, I don't mean the snapping mechanic is fun, that is also a ball ache.

Edited by [GP] Guybrush Threepwood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

It's not hard to build, this is my build so far that i've been working on official PvE since 1.5 launch.

pUDwNn2.jpg

It's not hard at all, it's just a grind, which I don't mind because if there was no grind people would progress so quick they'd get bored with little new stuff to do.

Just to note I play solo so have no help, and have no tames besides a Sheep and a Cow. Neither of which are resource tames and no resource tames actually spawn in this area unfortunately.

Granted most of my stuff is wood and some old thatch structures, but i'll upgrade some of it, mainly the building to stone at some point. I just have no pure metal nodes on the island so gotta either farm small amounts of silver slowly or go elsewhere to farm pure metal. Also no crystal either. But this game is designed to be a long game.

Also have had no issues from settlement owner either, I have no concerns about building even with the window of 24 hours that it can be destroyed. Hell i've had Cobras, Tigers and Lions nearly destroy stuff than some pirate land owner has. I've lost 2 rafts yesterday because I got them stuck lol, not always easy to steer but shrugged that off. Tax is set to 12% but I never even think of it when farming.

There's a massive tall rock, one of those really high ones, I just swim over to it, climb right to the top and farm 10,000 fiber with a metal sickle, no need for a bear. 10,000 fiber lasts me a good amount of time meaning I only have to do the trip minimal times.

Do we need 2x weekends? Absolutely not. I'd say for taming maybe, because taming is a ball ache mechanic, but for resource gathering, XP etc nope no need for 2x every weekend.

Building is easy and fun..... note when I say fun, I don't mean the snapping mechanic is fun, that is also a ball ache.

Nice build. Yeah I love the grind. I was actually a little disappointed that they made the 2x permanent so early. Took a lot longer to do that in ark.

you gotta take the time to get the tames man lol

thanks for clarifying though. Yeah the pyramid build I just got done with had at least 4-5 million stone plus all the metal.

good to hear there is still some grinding though 

6x6 2 Floors high, complete Stone in Less than 4 Hours. No its not hard.

4x4 wood and 1 floor high, in less than 30 minutes without a tame. So its easy, if you know what you do!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forb Hidden said:

Go buy the game and play it first... Then u would not ask some silly bs.

Hey she don't have a pc to play atlas it doesn't work on chromebook.

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Nice build. Yeah I love the grind. I was actually a little disappointed that they made the 2x permanent so early. Took a lot longer to do that in ark.

you gotta take the time to get the tames man lol

thanks for clarifying though. Yeah the pyramid build I just got done with had at least 4-5 million stone plus all the metal.

good to hear there is still some grinding though 

Doesn’t matter when the peeps start getting tames again. Then we’re back at where we were: Subject to the most broken and unbalanced section of the game. The damn tames. I really hope you that when it comes out on xbox, they balanced the tames. 

Edited by Percieval

I'm fine with the rates, just a quick pointer, if something is taking a long time to grind out in a particular area, like fiber or metal, find an easier place to farm it, most freeports will give you fiber at a rate of 1000 in less than a minute with a sickle. 

4 hours ago, Percieval said:

Doesn’t matter when the peeps start getting tames again. Then we’re back at where we were: Subject to the most broken and unbalanced section of the game. The damn tames. I really hope you that when it comes out on xbox, they balanced the tames. 

I have no problem with balancing tames. The only time I argued with you was when you didn’t want them in the game at all and I still disagree with that.

but yeah, I don’t want god tames either. Dealt with that in ark so no thank you to that.

tames give a special feel to the game. No I don’t think they should be able to tank a boss but I would be completely pissed if they got rid of them.

currently I am playing Conan “yeah blah blah blah it’s buggy” to be honest I don’t care about bugs. I love my greater saber tooth. He doesn’t get me extra resources and I can’t ride him but I love having him by my side in a pinch. I am an animal lover IRL so to me tames are a big part of my gaming experience.

so yes, I will agree with you that they don’t need to be Gods at getting resources or carrying cannons(I think the cannon bear is stupid as well as cruel), but they have their place.

quick story. One time on a fire I got written up by my captain because we we got out of the engine to do structure defense with someone’s home. This ooor little rabbit pretty much ran up to us and just laid down with his stomach as close to the ground as he could to cool down. A wild rabbit didn’t care if he was that close to humans. After we secured that structure and had our lines laid down, I snuck the rabbit into the engine so he could recoup in there. My captain didn’t find out about it until after we got back to the station 😂 

he was so pissed but I didn’t really give a shit. Took the write up with a smile, which almost got me a second write up lmao.

quess it wasn’t too quick but the moral is I love my animals and I don’t really care what people think once I set my mind to something.

who knows man, maybe irl we might get along. My best buddy I game with and I are always fighting when it comes to wildcard(him for and me against). It’s literally the only time we argue

9 hours ago, Jorm said:

6x6 2 Floors high, complete Stone in Less than 4 Hours. No its not hard.

4x4 wood and 1 floor high, in less than 30 minutes without a tame. So its easy, if you know what you do!

I like the sound of that man. Even though we did have tames in ark my buddy and I were always building 100x100 plus metal bases with tons of turrets in no time.

damn Megas kept coming along and wiping us because they thought we had at least 20 people in our clan. Yeah I hate Megas 

edit: efficiency is everything

Edited by Realist
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Realist said:

I have no problem with balancing tames. The only time I argued with you was when you didn’t want them in the game at all and I still disagree with that.

but yeah, I don’t want god tames either. Dealt with that in ark so no thank you to that.

tames give a special feel to the game. No I don’t think they should be able to tank a boss but I would be completely pissed if they got rid of them.

currently I am playing Conan “yeah blah blah blah it’s buggy” to be honest I don’t care about bugs. I love my greater saber tooth. He doesn’t get me extra resources and I can’t ride him but I love having him by my side in a pinch. I am an animal lover IRL so to me tames are a big part of my gaming experience.

so yes, I will agree with you that they don’t need to be Gods at getting resources or carrying cannons(I think the cannon bear is stupid as well as cruel), but they have their place.

quick story. One time on a fire I got written up by my captain because we we got out of the engine to do structure defense with someone’s home. This ooor little rabbit pretty much ran up to us and just laid down with his stomach as close to the ground as he could to cool down. A wild rabbit didn’t care if he was that close to humans. After we secured that structure and had our lines laid down, I snuck the rabbit into the engine so he could recoup in there. My captain didn’t find out about it until after we got back to the station 😂 

he was so pissed but I didn’t really give a shit. Took the write up with a smile, which almost got me a second write up lmao.

quess it wasn’t too quick but the moral is I love my animals and I don’t really care what people think once I set my mind to something.

who knows man, maybe irl we might get along. My best buddy I game with and I are always fighting when it comes to wildcard(him for and me against). It’s literally the only time we argue

Well I can’t remember to get rid of them, but now they’re (remind you: the devs didnt wanted it to happen) again the most important thing in the game. You have crew FGS, use the crew to chop wood for loan etc. Now its all about tames again. Tames tames tames. 

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Well I can’t remember to get rid of them, but now they’re (remind you: the devs didnt wanted it to happen) again the most important thing in the game. You have crew FGS, use the crew to chop wood for loan etc. Now its all about tames again. Tames tames tames. 

I think it would be cool if they could do that with crew members or even going out on there own. That would be pretty far down the road though because I dont know if they can even do something like that

1 hour ago, Realist said:

I think it would be cool if they could do that with crew members or even going out on there own. That would be pretty far down the road though because I dont know if they can even do something like that

It was a thing in age of empires 15 years ago so i’m pretty sure it can be done here.