ubersmith

1.5 Upgrade All player toons and NPCs look like hobbits

We don't care so much about the NPCs but players would like to be able to reach things on high shelves again.

I assume that with the changes to the character creation that the data structure for storing the character height/width etc has changed and now defaults to 'smallest possible' for existing toons.

Has anyone else seen this or is it just us?

Any documentation on the data structures or what might be needed to fix this without making everyone start a new character?

I'm going to use another server I have with an existing character to see if I can pull what's in redis for the pre-upgrade character and then create a new one and see if I can find a way to transform the old to the new.  But if anyone has any better ideas please let me know.

thanks!

Did you wipe the servers? We know that there would be some unexpected issues if you didn't wipe. And a wipe was recommended by the devs

trying to avoid a wipe for now.  so far this is the only issue that we've seen.  might be others that come up but giving it a shot for now.

In going through the redis data on a single instance server I found that none of the character data is stored there.  Must be redis is used mainly for transferring between servers but guess the source of truth for the data is on each server in the grid.  I didn't get a chance to take a look at a multi-server/grid instance but would expect to see the same there.  Changing the data I did find in redis had mixed results.  I changed my character name and that would not show up in game but changing tribe name did.  So good chance that changing things there wouldn't have a good result anyway.

Makes sense and I figured it was a long shot as even being able to figure out what to change things to would require a lot of trial and error.

Best workaround we can think of would be to recreate your characters and have admin intervention to set xp and adjust companies if needed.  New characters seem to be fine. 

Otherwise wipe.

one possible solution is to have an admin join the payers company and take control of it. have the player make a new toon, then invite the new tune and give it control of the company.