[GP] Guybrush Threepwood

Perimeter fence tips

Anyone got any tips on building a small height perimeter fence?

I've tried placing a load of fence supports, but because it is uneven ground it's horrible. Either the wall is obstructed or it sits too high with a big gap underneath. Any ideas on best way to manage it? This is what i'm trying to build, the ground looks smooth but it actually isn't. I wanted to build a wall to keep the cobras out, unfortunately they still squeeze between the support structures.

And no, i'm not going to build massive ugly gate wall.

POeCRwU.jpg

I don't know of any pretty way to do this besides building foundation pieces all around then walls/fences on top of them.  Blocks those gaps and produces a more even structure. 

Just now, Coggage said:

Try Wooden Walls, as they have a half-wall that might fill the gaps for you.

Yeah i've tried those, what my intention was is to place half walls around then a railing on top. But the fence support right at the back are too low for anything to be placed there, and the fence supports at the ones at either far end are too high as any wall placed on them sits halfway up the fence supports.

It might be that I have to start the fence supports in the middle where they are currently at their lowest and build them outwards, that might help. Everytime I go out there to play about with it I get cobras on my face lol.

If it hasn't changed, cobras will warp right through stone foundations, and sometimes even stone foundations placed 2 thick.  I don't think your fence is gonna keep them out, even if you find a way to build it.

Just now, Winter Thorne said:

If it hasn't changed, cobras will warp right through stone foundations, and sometimes even stone foundations placed 2 thick.  I don't think your fence is gonna keep them out, even if you find a way to build it.

Yeah well I just realised that structures don't block resource or animal spawns either. I was standing outside my house and suddenly 2 cobras spawned right next to me. One landed on the roof of my house and the other right at the front door. I was literally standing right next to it.

I'm now thinking of a cliff base, but need to think of a way of having space for any animals.

The problem is collision. If you are playing on an unofficial, the admin can set it so you don't have the problem. It is just awful what we have to deal with in building in this game. It drives me crazy!  😞

8 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Anyone got any tips on building a small height perimeter fence?

I've tried placing a load of fence supports, but because it is uneven ground it's horrible. Either the wall is obstructed or it sits too high with a big gap underneath. Any ideas on best way to manage it? This is what i'm trying to build, the ground looks smooth but it actually isn't. I wanted to build a wall to keep the cobras out, unfortunately they still squeeze between the support structures.

And no, i'm not going to build massive ugly gate wall.

POeCRwU.jpg

Hopefully they take a page from Conan and let you raise and lower the height of foundations. That would be very valuable. Fingers crossed on that one. Then all you have to do is start from the high point.

42 minutes ago, Zadira said:

The problem is collision. If you are playing on an unofficial, the admin can set it so you don't have the problem. It is just awful what we have to deal with in building in this game. It drives me crazy!  😞

Yeah I am totally spoiled with the building on Conan. That is something they did very spot on. 

They definitely need to work on building mechanics