Keins Thallow

Early Game Tips

Just a few things that may help out fellow explorers who haven't played Ark or something similar.

1. WATER-  You can go to an area with dense foliage/grass and lay prone with your hands out "no weapon or tool out"  to dig for water.

2.  EATING- Don't stuff your face with just anything.  You have a food meter that wont allow you to consume if already full. You have to balance out what you eat to keep all your vitamin levels up. Too much of one thing can have negative effects.  Each Vitamin has a color, food items all have colors to show you which vitamin they provide.

3. STARTER ZONE-  Don't leave too early, you may find yourself starving to death or dying to scurvy out on the hi-seas long before you reach another island.  Prepare and pack plenty of food and water skins.

4.   BEDS-  Make sure you place a bed on your raft as soon as possible.  Beds also allow you to spawn on different islands if you have placed them on said islands.

There are 100000 more things that will help but these were just a few of the most basic things I could think of.  Feel free to add to this list while we wait for servers to go live.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

Just a few things that may help out fellow explorers who haven't played Ark or something similar.

1. WATER-  You can go to an area with dense foliage/grass and lay prone with your hands out "no weapon or tool out"  to dig for water.

2.  EATING- Don't stuff your face with just anything.  You have a food meter that wont allow you to consume if already full. You have to balance out what you eat to keep all your vitamin levels up. Too much of one thing can have negative effects.  Each Vitamin has a color, food items all have colors to show you which vitamin they provide.

3. STARTER ZONE-  Don't leave too early, you may find yourself starving to death or dying to scurvy out on the hi-seas long before you reach another island.  Prepare and pack plenty of food and water skins.

4.   BEDS-  Make sure you place a bed on your raft as soon as possible.  Beds also allow you to spawn on different islands if you have placed them on said islands.

There are 100000 more things that will help but these were just a few of the most basic things I could think of.  Feel free to add to this list while we wait for servers to go live.

Biggest tip of all. Join a mega and you will be fine 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

Thanks 4 that!

• Like 2

Food also should be different, so no hogging too much of the same. Fish, Berries, meat?

Question is, I saw on stream that food will spoil.. How do you avoid that from happening?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

5. Don't die. 

• Like 1

Do you know more about first raft possibilities? Like - will it be possible to destroy it bare hands? I guess there is quite a few toxic people there waiting to bully new players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Max said:

Food also should be different, so no hogging too much of the same. Fish, Berries, meat?

Question is, I saw on stream that food will spoil.. How do you avoid that from happening?

Not 100% sure yet, but I'm assuming they will have something similar to the Preserving Bin from ark.  Cooked meat usually lasts longer than spoiled so build a fire asap for all that meat you harvest from chickens and boars =D

• Like 1

Just now, Keins Thallow said:

Not 100% sure yet, but I'm assuming they will have something similar to the Preserving Bin from ark.  Cooked meat usually lasts longer than spoiled so build a fire asap for all that meat you harvest from chickens and boars =D

I wonder if there's also a salt or something.

But yeah thanks! Never played Ark so cant relate on how things worked there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hary0n said:

Do you know more about first raft possibilities? Like - will it be possible to destroy it bare hands? I guess there is quite a few toxic people there waiting to bully new players.

You will need at least metal tools to break a raft in any sort of timely manner.  And even then I'm assuming it would take thousands of hits. I mean its possible 10 guys with stone picks could descend on your raft to grief you but you could make a new one in the time it would take with stone tools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tips from an ARK Player:

- Pick the right tool for the right job, some are better than others at certain jobs:

- Pickaxes gathers metal, flint, thatch and meat.

- Hatchets gathers Stone, Wood, Hide.

- Sickles gathers lots of fibre from bushes, but no berries.

- When it rains, you automatically drink and refill your water skins.

- Hunt different animals for different drops. Bigger animals drop more meat, Animals with tougher skin drop Keratin. Furry animals drop fur for fur armour.

- Higher levelled animals hit harder and take more hits but give more XP.

- Don't waste your levels in skills that friends already have, diversify and conquer the skills tree.

- Always have a bed nearby, there's nothing worse than a full reset because your boat was under-furnished..

Edited by Smooblymoobs
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Steadman said:

A what?

A mega tribe. I forgot not everyone playing this played ark. The ark players will completely smash all of the new comers. 

Megas are are big groups of 200 plus people that will come after you even if you have nothing to take. You will end up seeing them traveling in groups of 10 ships or more. 

If you see them, just run or you will lose all your stuff before you get one shot off

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ThieF said:

what about body heat? is that a thing in this game?

I believe i saw someone overheating on the streams.  And with cold zone, I'm sure they added the Ark thermoregulation system. Don't hold me to it though.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

A mega tribe. I forgot not everyone playing this played ark. The ark players will completely smash all of the new comers. 

Megas are are big groups of 200 plus people that will come after you even if you have nothing to take. You will end up seeing them traveling in groups of 10 ships or more. 

If you see them, just run or you will lose all your stuff before you get one shot off

If you are very new to this kind of survival game with PVP in it, please please please start on a PVE server or you will just be prey for the wolves.

EDIT: or join a mega. you cant solo or 2 man this game on pvp servers unless your VERY good and building fast and hiding in inconspicuous spots on the map.

Edited by Keins Thallow

5 minutes ago, ThieF said:

what about body heat? is that a thing in this game?

you'll need appropriate clothes for different biomes, and also other factors like being wet cools you down, being near fires warm you up etc.

You can also level up your fortitude (might have a different name in this game) so that temperature effects you less.

• Thanks 1