Sign in to follow this  
Odet Templar

New Claimsystem finally makes me Quit the game

Thx for this new Claimsystem where you set up a few landlords as claimowners which have all force and might to bully others around if they dont obey without any chance to get something you really own. Your former system wasnt that bad it worked good when you had the protectection time down on 4 days (so it was possible to claim a abandoned claim, short after you put it up to 20 days which preventend any claiming).

But i dont want to be bullied around from anyone and as it is already impossible to get something your own as an single player ill Quit and im sure many others would too.

Thx again for this completely unfair and uncompetitional system wich only enables grief in a big scale.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Why would you quit when you could instead play PVP Empires which is the old claim system now at 6d flags (or if you want PVE join an unofficial using the old flags?)

They did recognize that there was some that liked the old system so they kept it.

Edited by krazmuze

10 minutes ago, krazmuze said:

Why would you quit when you could instead play PVP Empires which is the old claim system now at 6d flags (or if you want PVE join an unofficial using the old flags?)

They did recognize that there was some that liked the old system so they kept it.

The difference between playing pvp vs. pve is even bigger than the difference between the claims systems.

Pve people don't like pvp.

• Like 4

Unofficial servers are based on a player maintaining the server cost, they are most of the time only a fraction of the official server and pve players have no desire to play pvp.

The developers cater to large companies and PvP, they may make a change to try and accommodate solo or single players but it’s all 2nd thought to the big picture.

unofficial servers tend to disapear out of a sudden (the one who pays the server isnt interested anymore)

and PVP as a soloplayer ends up with sunken ships and raided bases on a dayly basis.

i dont mind pvp tbh it is fun for sure but this griefing offlineraiding and shipsinking fucks me off - realy.

with the old system of claiming you had a fair chance if you where patient enough (took me over two weeks of searching) to get some place you know its save at all and nobody could fuck around with your stuff, now if you get on the bad side of the claimowner (which somtimes only takes some unserious words) he could simply demolish your base.

So honestly how could you fuck up a claimsystem so completely in another way like this?

• Like 1

I mean lawless is an option, you don't have to own land or live under anyones rule. I've been in lawless since day one and have loved it. Decay timers are now 10 days instead of 4 days too so you dont have to refresh as often.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

The developers cater to large companies and PvP, they may make a change to try and accommodate solo or single players but it’s all 2nd thought to the big picture.

i dont agree, all this changes where made about small groups and soloplayers complaining about not to ba able to get a own claim, but this rubbish now made things worst for all the ppls who complained exactly about this. 

the former system was not that bad specially for large companies, or more it was what you get in most of this bigscale pvp games this days.

Could be funny if it wherent realy sad for all players without a own claim now.

4 minutes ago, jabnlab said:

I mean lawless is an option, you don't have to own land or live under anyones rule. I've been in lawless since day one and have loved it. Decay timers are now 10 days instead of 4 days too so you dont have to refresh as often.

nope, rebuilding all my shit every 10 days wtf dude are you crazy? lawless is only an option to get your first shooner into the water but nothing more.

• Like 1

I am with you, 1200 hours and last night uninstalled the game.  Not interested in Living in lawless, it will start out ok, but soon the new big companies that can't get land will spam the place.  And really not interested in paying taxes where some one else can decide the don't like something I built.

The one thing that would have stopped that, building maintenance, was not implemted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jabnlab said:

Yea unless half the island is foundation spammed.

• Thanks 1

Where are the promised PvE Network

No claims flags
Overtime damage is added to all structures.
A new auto repair structure that players will need to maintain in order to prevent structures from collapsing as a result of decomposition.
  In particular, PvE Network. No claims flags ..........................?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Diamond Smailik said:

Where are the promised PvE Network

No claims flags
Overtime damage is added to all structures.
A new auto repair structure that players will need to maintain in order to prevent structures from collapsing as a result of decomposition.
  In particular, PvE Network. No claims flags ..........................?

Yea im curious to this, im guessing they couldn't work it out in time and got told to just release it.

2 hours ago, Odet Templar said:

i dont agree, all this changes where made about small groups and soloplayers complaining about not to ba able to get a own claim, but this rubbish now made things worst for all the ppls who complained exactly about this. 

the former system was not that bad specially for large companies, or more it was what you get in most of this bigscale pvp games this days.

Could be funny if it wherent realy sad for all players without a own claim now.

nope, rebuilding all my shit every 10 days wtf dude are you crazy? lawless is only an option to get your first shooner into the water but nothing 

As long as you log on once every 10 days the timer resets, you can live there as long as you want and not have to rebuild anything. Your structures dont take damage. After 10 days of not refreshing the timer, they just become demolishable by anyone.

Edited by jabnlab

Heck many so called new feature is not in this patch , like rework on equatorial region or new animals .

In lawless your building only last for 4 days .

Edited by kampfer91

I understand the OP completely, have the same thoughts and feelings myself. I really love the game but as solo and sometimes a very small group, I feel it isn't working out. They should have just made a cap on claims instead of this. Most solo/small groups would have been happy with a few claims or in some cases even just one slice of land to own and have safe from interference. I am contemplating whether to settle on lawless, join some Company, or maybe just quit the game. Used to love this game but feeling resignation with this new system. All I wanted was a small claim but the initial land rush was too hard for me as a solo. (My friends mostly quit at wipe announcement). It's quite sad cause I think this system drives away many solo players and small groups. 

• Like 1

To any solo players, you're more than welcome to co.e and join us... there are just two of us now. All the rest said they wouldn't play Atlas again. 

I'm going to give it a shot. Once more. But if this doesnt work then I'm out too. Tired of being made to start over, and I'm tired of the dev's never listening. No one in pve said they wanted the claiming g system to be what it is now. We just asked for claims to be limited to so many per company based on its size. 

So.eone said I should have done the ptr to help show them their idea wanst fo g to work. Well I did. But the pve ptr didnt last more then 4 days if that. That was NOT enough time to show them anything, and I doubt they noticed how fast the land was gobbled up. 

I'm built in lawless and it's fine by me. I'm not living under someone else's rule either. 

24 minutes ago, -X-Hawke-X- said:

why do people feel the need to waste forum space to say they are leaving. just go because no one cares.

Grapeshot should care, exit interviews are very enlightening.   I you look at past posts, many people leaving now, were avid supporters of the game in past   These are not people that played for couple hours and got a refund.   If populations grow, these exit comments are taken lighter as part of typical player churn, but when population is dropping, they should be reviewed. 

Edited by José Gaspar