Sign in to follow this  
Salty Del

I don’t want to stop playing.

I’m somewhat disheartened by the new claim system. It is setup in such a way as to benefit large and very large companies, give medium sized companies some opportunities, and give very little opportunity for solo and small companies.

So, this is what I’ve decided.

I want to form a company that is made up of a large group of solo and small companies. I want enough players that we can take over one of the big islands.

All members can interact with other company members as much or as little as they want. Keep it civil and respect other members space and feelings.

I haven’t tried setting it up like this, but I would like to let everybody pin code their structures if they want.

Every company member will have a plot on this island, and will be able to build whatever they want in it. People found building in uncommon or rare resource nodes will be asked to move, then unfortunately moved forcefully if they do not move. I doubt that will happen, but I want you to know beforehand.

There will be a 10% tax rate on the island, but any resources besides gold will be put into a community chest so that they can be used by anybody.

There will be a dock area with shipyards and crafting tables for all members that wish to use them. If you’re using a shipyard, please be able to finish your ship quickly so others can use it as well.

Part if the dock area will be a place to setup a shop, with access for all visitors.

There will be taming pens setup in several places around the island with unlocked gates. Anybody can use them, even companies just visiting.

If you make a temporary taming pen on the island, then I just ask that you completely demolish it when you’re done.

Treasure maps can be done on your own or you can ask others to join you. I find small groups to be quite enjoyable, and not cumbersome to organize. Donations for island upkeep would be greatly appreciated.

Power stone runs can be organized, and eventually the kraken as well.

If you want to join up, you can respond in this thread, send me a PM, and/or meet us in A5 on EU PvE. We’ll be building up supplies and gold to be ready to claim as large of an island as we’re able to. I’d like to have the group assembled by 5 PM UTC to claim the island and we can get started.

Happy Sailing!

Del

• Like 2

@Salty DelI'm in.
I am sceptical if it will actually work, but I'm willing to go the distance.
You would probably have to form a core company and then have trial alliances before adding to the core company and establish trust ... not necessarily expecting misdeeds, but some people just want to have silly fun and some players might actually be new and make more mistakes than others ... the many tribes in Ark were a bunch of lessons to be learned (speaking mostly as an admin because then you see the problematic situations).

Anyway, I'm in ... in any role.

I've got a discord server setup, should anybody wish to join us:

https://discord.gg/3mnV33s

We're up to 37 island points, with a few people interested in joining, and we should have enough gold to start a claim when we get enough people.

Happy sailing!

A very good idea. I've been contemplating quitting the game due to this new claim system, but I might consider this instead..  I'll give it a few days, maybe level up a bit more and Think about this. Whether I join or not, congrats on a rly Good idea.    😊👍