Realist

Player shops

Ok guys, so how are the player shops coming along?

do you build them and place them in the Freeport?

are they bought with gold?

do they have a lot of options?

are they fully automated?

do you have to go to the Freeport to drop off merchandise or is there a little hub at your base to upload merchandise?

this piece of content is what I was most looking forward to so any details would be appreciated.

note* no I am not buying a pc. I’ll wait for the Xbox release 😉

Edited by Realist
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Realist said:

am not buying a pc. I’ll wait for the Xbox release 😉

You are funny!

I honestly know very little about this mechanic.  From what I understand is you can put this anywhere including Freeports....if they fixed the Freeport building issue.  I believe you have to put the product on the vendor and set the price.  I do not believe there is upkeep....could be wrong.  I am curious as to how easily these can be destroyed if they are in Lawless or on claimed land.

I do not like it.  I heard they were adding a market I thought it was going to be a centralized market like WoW, Eve, insert other game that uses on here.   I thought this would be a single NPC we all deal with.  If the devs want to make it cool the should add a market area filled with tents in the Freeports with several market vendors selling different categories.  Maybe break the mats down into categories.  Separate by type of biome it comes from.  Lot of options there. 

I'd like to see that, but if they want to keep it more regional then add a Vendor at each Freeport similar to Eve.  Want to buy/sell something you go to a Freeport and and do business there.  Any products placed on this vendor are only purchasable at the vendor.  This could make moving resources that are rare in that area more desirable and encourage people to move large amounts of goods further away thus allowing for more shenanigans on the high seas.  Higher risk higher profit.  Sure that can happen now, but if everyone has separate vendors its going to be a real pain in the ass and be very unorganized.  Imagine going to a Freeport and seeing 500 vendors setup and searching through them all to find that one thing you are missing.  Ugh.

Edited by DocHolliday

This idea would be great....

wish I had hacker friends.... I would have them place this in a banner at the top of every dev computer screen....

Dude has 1300+ posts and isn't even playing and waiting for xbox? (it'll never happen, lol)

Z

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I honestly know very little about this mechanic.  From what I understand is you can put this anywhere including Freeports....if they fixed the Freeport building issue.  I believe you have to put the product on the vendor and set the price.  I do not believe there is upkeep....could be wrong.  I am curious as to how easily these can be destroyed if they are in Lawless or on claimed land.

I do not like it.  I heard they were adding a market I thought it was going to be a centralized market like WoW, Eve, insert other game that uses on here.   I thought this would be a single NPC we all deal with.  If the devs want to make it cool the should add a market area filled with tents in the Freeports with several market vendors selling different categories.  Maybe break the mats down into categories.  Separate by type of biome it comes from.  Lot of options there. 

I'd like to see that, but if they want to keep it more regional then add a Vendor at each Freeport similar to Eve.  Want to buy/sell something you go to a Freeport and and do business there.  Any products placed on this vendor are only purchasable at the vendor.  This could make moving resources that are rare in that area more desirable and encourage people to move large amounts of goods further away thus allowing for more shenanigans on the high seas.  Higher risk higher profit.  Sure that can happen now, but if everyone has separate vendors its going to be a real pain in the ass and be very unorganized.  Imagine going to a Freeport and seeing 500 vendors setup and searching through them all to find that one thing you are missing.  Ugh.

Never played eve but I do want something like the auction house in wow. Player shops shouldn’t be able to be destroyed, especially in the Freeports(which makes me want them only in Freeports).

and cool if you want people to have to take risk to get them to the Freeport’s I am cool with that. 

However, once they are in the shops there is no way to steal them. I would be cool with that.

2 hours ago, Znick said:

Dude has 1300+ posts and isn't even playing and waiting for xbox? (it'll never happen, lol)

Z

Again with the post count? Are you new or something? That is just getting old now

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jorm said:

You are funny!

Yep, even I, the one that everyone at first tried to call a troll (gg lmao) and talk crap about the numbers of posts (also lmao) still wants it to come to console.

even on Twitter I say it won’t hapoen for a long time if at all. Unfortunately I am stuck with the sting of it potentially not making it.

the one thing I am really hoping for is a last desperate act to gain income with the Xbox release.

you people want more additions and more content, but you are really just babies. I would be fine if they released it and then just stopped working on it. I have played ark with all the bugs, didn’t really care. Conan with the bugs, didn’t really care.

to be honest I wouldn’t mind seeing it die on pc though.

14 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Auction House style Economic's inside of MMORPG's are horrible in my opinion!

I far prefer individual Vendors for individual players!!!

Why?!?

Because I enjoy playing as a Merchant and so I view this from the Merchant point of view not from the Consumer point of view!

Merchant class- WAS A VIABLE type of play in many older MMORPG's and it was a fun way to play and then MMO's got DUMBED DOWN and simplified!

Crafting systems became After thoughts

Economy became after thoughts

and the only thing that mattered was Graphic's and Instanced Dungeon run's!  <---- The Age of WoW clones, which has trained an entire generation of gamers to think silly things like!

Auction houses are the best way to have a good ingame economy!!!

I have heard the Atlas has put in new content, I use to be very active on these forum's, I am sure Realist and Percivial can confirm this.  So I am here now after a long Hiatus to discover if Atlas has improved at all for the better.  And the most interesting piece of cheese that I see is the Vendor system.

Vendor Based Economies inside of an MMO are great.  You will typically end up with many vendors and many of those will be empty or over priced.  And this will of course frustrate the consumer, but eventually the consumer will discover vendors that

(Keep there vendors stocked) (Price things realistically) = Develop a Reputation

This makes the Merchant style player like me happy, keeps me interested and engaged into the game.  Auction Houses are the Devil, there nothing but everyone listing there Junk for 1 gold cheeper then the last person that listed there junk, and dedicated Merchant Players now have to compete in a world of undercutting!

But in a real vendor world where they need to build up there Reputation, they can choose to Price slightly higher because they are always in stock or charge slightly less risking they will not be able to maintain the stock there consumers rely on them for!  So they can go about targeting a different market.  Those that will pay a bit more knowing they have what they are looking for or those that are so cheep they will not spend 5 or 10% more and will always go to the guy who is cheapest regardless of the fact he is out of stock 50% of the time!

^^^^^ That is more engaging and fun for a Merchant style player then an Auction House!!!  And why the AH is NOT the best system to base an ingame economy aorund!!! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

Auction House style Economic's inside of MMORPG's are horrible in my opinion!

I far prefer individual Vendors for individual players!!!

Why?!?

Because I enjoy playing as a Merchant and so I view this from the Merchant point of view not from the Consumer point of view!

Merchant class- WAS A VIABLE type of play in many older MMORPG's and it was a fun way to play and then MMO's got DUMBED DOWN and simplified!

Crafting systems became After thoughts

Economy became after thoughts

and the only thing that mattered was Graphic's and Instanced Dungeon run's!  <---- The Age of WoW clones, which has trained an entire generation of gamers to think silly things like!

Auction houses are the best way to have a good ingame economy!!!

I have heard the Atlas has put in new content, I use to be very active on these forum's, I am sure Realist and Percivial can confirm this.  So I am here now after a long Hiatus to discover if Atlas has improved at all for the better.  And the most interesting piece of cheese that I see is the Vendor system.

Vendor Based Economies inside of an MMO are great.  You will typically end up with many vendors and many of those will be empty or over priced.  And this will of course frustrate the consumer, but eventually the consumer will discover vendors that

(Keep there vendors stocked) (Price things realistically) = Develop a Reputation

This makes the Merchant style player like me happy, keeps me interested and engaged into the game.  Auction Houses are the Devil, there nothing but everyone listing there Junk for 1 gold cheeper then the last person that listed there junk, and dedicated Merchant Players now have to compete in a world of undercutting!

But in a real vendor world where they need to build up there Reputation, they can choose to Price slightly higher because they are always in stock or charge slightly less risking they will not be able to maintain the stock there consumers rely on them for!  So they can go about targeting a different market.  Those that will pay a bit more knowing they have what they are looking for or those that are so cheep they will not spend 5 or 10% more and will always go to the guy who is cheapest regardless of the fact he is out of stock 50% of the time!

^^^^^ That is more engaging and fun for a Merchant style player then an Auction House!!!  And why the AH is NOT the best system to base an ingame economy aorund!!! 

I wouldn’t  say dumbed down. It was really about efficiency and productivity. Even though I like the auction house I am fine with vendors as well.

the thing is I don’t like trade companies though. I don’t want to sit around and wait for someone do drop off my merchandise. So whether it is a vendor or an auction house both will be more productive and efficient.

btw, I really don’t have a problem with vendors. It’s the trade companies that have to go. Snail mail vs. email

Edited by Realist

Well I have just restarted and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a hold of these "supposed Vendors"  Nobody in the freeport is selling anything like a vendor contract so whats the trick???  And what is a Trade Company???

Just now, Sulfurblade said:

Well I have just restarted and for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a hold of these "supposed Vendors"  Nobody in the freeport is selling anything like a vendor contract so whats the trick???  And what is a Trade Company???

Yeah I really wish they would have went into a lot more detail as far as player shops go. So far I haven’t found anybody that actually knows how they work, which is kind of crappy on the devs part.

a trade company is a group of players that are basically traveling merchants. They want to go gather resources and then trade with other players on other islands. It is a very slow process that isn’t really worth it. Well I guess some people wanted it before because there weren’t vendors or auction houses but now there is just no need for it. Takes way too long

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah I really wish they would have went into a lot more detail as far as player shops go. So far I haven’t found anybody that actually knows how they work, which is kind of crappy on the devs part.

a trade company is a group of players that are basically traveling merchants. They want to go gather resources and then trade with other players on other islands. It is a very slow process that isn’t really worth it. Well I guess some people wanted it before because there weren’t vendors or auction houses but now there is just no need for it. Takes way too long

I have discovered the Vendor is under Stone Construction and is crafted via the smithy and of course having the stone construction skill unlocked....

Havent quiet leveled up that high yet, so not sure if you can place this crafted vendor inside of a freeport I would think that's unlikely...  Which then has me wondering if you can't then can it be destroyed out in the normal world....  Eventually I will figure out the answer to these questions...

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

I have discovered the Vendor is under Stone Construction and is crafted via the smithy and of course having the stone construction skill unlocked....

Havent quiet leveled up that high yet, so not sure if you can place this crafted vendor inside of a freeport I would think that's unlikely...  Which then has me wondering if you can't then can it be destroyed out in the normal world....  Eventually I will figure out the answer to these questions...

Hey thanks for the info. Possibly horrible news if what you said is true but I won’t shoot the messenger 😂

oooooo grapeshot. If you didn’t have the player shops in Freeport’s and invulnerable then you just made probably the biggest mistake you could have.

if so you better change it fast. After the Megas inevitably lower your playerbase again, you better have a good commercial flow going or you are screwed.

this is fair warning. Do not make that big of a mistake because the player base will drop down very soon once the Megas start wiping again.

@Jatheish you already know and you have already seen it with ark. Bring out good content and the people will stay regardless of the worthless Megas. Make player shops good. This will be very important later on. Can’t stress it enough

Edited by Realist

23 hours ago, Realist said:

Hey thanks for the info. Possibly horrible news if what you said is true but I won’t shoot the messenger 😂

oooooo grapeshot. If you didn’t have the player shops in Freeport’s and invulnerable then you just made probably the biggest mistake you could have.

if so you better change it fast. After the Megas inevitably lower your playerbase again, you better have a good commercial flow going or you are screwed.

this is fair warning. Do not make that big of a mistake because the player base will drop down very soon once the Megas start wiping again.

@Jatheish you already know and you have already seen it with ark. Bring out good content and the people will stay regardless of the worthless Megas. Make player shops good. This will be very important later on. Can’t stress it enough

I have learned a bit more:  The recipe for the Player Shop is a bit expensive!!!

60 Gems

70 Coins

96 Metal

110 Stone

134 Thatch

240 Wood

So its going to be quite some time before I get this damn Player Shop up and running as Gems are not exactly an easy resource to come across!

Which honestly to me doesn't make a lot of sense!  Why are you going to hide a Tool for creating trade and economy behind a Rare Resource?!??!????????

7 minutes ago, lordkhan4444 said:

gems are not rare islands all over have tons of them! just gota know where.

There are 225 Servers of those servers 33 have Gems thats 14% and of those Servers the gems on them are typically on 1 singular island typically hidden on top of mountains!

I stand bye my statement that they are indeed rare!!!

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Gem

Edited by Sulfurblade

1 hour ago, Sulfurblade said:

There are 225 Servers of those servers 33 have Gems thats 14% and of those Servers the gems on them are typically on 1 singular island typically hidden on top of mountains!

I stand bye my statement that they are indeed rare!!!

https://atlas.gamepedia.com/Gem

Come to Alice L9 and I’ll give you more than your ship can hold. 😁

so anyone has ever seen one player shop in the game so far?

We built one on PTR.  Last I head it had 100hp and they were seeing if it could be destroyed.  It was built on claimed territory/PvP.  Dunno how that worked out.

I've heard very little about these shops and nobody seems to know how they work.  Maybe I'll build one tonight and screw around with it .

Edited by DocHolliday

We built one and put it up.... only people in our company could even access it (even if it is unlocked)… we tried everything to get it working, including hiring a NPC to see if we could assign it to the shop. No joy. Utterly useless atm 

• Like 1

According to another thread just to consolidate findings in this one location!  Player Shops can be put in free ports at the price of 1Gold Per Minute 2400 Gold per day lol!!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

According to another thread just to consolidate findings in this one location!  Player Shops can be put in free ports at the price of 1Gold Per Minute 2400 Gold per day lol!!!!!!!!

What a steal.. gonna put up a few of them right away 😉

They also cost 60g to craft..

24 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

If it's 1 per minute is 1440 gold coins a day, but i agree the cost is insane. I can't think of anything you could sell that would make your shop profitable with those fees. A very small daily fee like 1% of what you have to pay now and a small cut on every sale would make much more sense to me.

• Like 1