Realist

Player shops

5 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

At point blank, aiming skill is not required.😜

At that point you would blow yourself up as well so we will just chalk it up to a win/lose for Both of us. 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

At that point you would blow yourself up as well so we will just chalk it up to a win/lose for Both of us. 

Meh. Sacrifices must be made. If you're gonna make an omellete, you gotta break a few eggs.:classic_biggrin:

Well if your going to shoot each other in the face I have a vendor shop in the freeport that sells guns... Please use my vendor for your shooting in the face needs. My rent is due soon. I need to sell 30,000 guns by Thursday for my upkeep. 

3 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Well if your going to shoot each other in the face I have a vendor shop in the freeport that sells guns... Please use my vendor for your shooting in the face needs. My rent is due soon. I need to sell 30,000 guns by Thursday for my upkeep. 

Sorry I just need the one.

Also I was hoping to buy on credit.

No reason.

11 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

7 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Sorry I just need the one.

Also I was hoping to buy on credit.

No reason.

I don’t want my buddy boomer to die. He wouldn’t be able to enjoy that auction houses if that happened. I would use myself as a shield to spare him. A worthwhile sacrifice.

just make sure they call it “boomers realistic auction house” my dying wish

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Realist said:

I don’t want my buddy boomer to die. He wouldn’t be able to enjoy that auction houses if that happened. I would use myself as a shield to spare him. A worthwhile sacrifice.

just make sure they call it “boomers realistic auction house” my dying wish

This sounds big. There’s probably a naming rights deal in here somewhere. Maybe two. How about:

Bethesda presents the Boomer Inc. Memorial Realistic Auction House and Respawn Point, sponsored by Mountain Dew

The kids’ll love it.

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

This sounds big. There’s probably a naming rights deal in here somewhere. Maybe two. How about:

Bethesda presents the Boomer Inc. Memorial Realistic Auction House and Respawn Point, sponsored by Mountain Dew

The kids’ll love it.

It has to be Bud Light or no deal. Nobody Better than the official sponsor of the super bowl. 

That should bring in enough people to stay in business with the upkeep 

2 hours ago, Realist said:

It has to be Bud Light or no deal. Nobody Better than the official sponsor of the super bowl. 

That should bring in enough people to stay in business with the upkeep 

Can’t use alchohol sponsors in an industry heavily patronized by minors or you’ll have the same stuffed shirts who killed Joe Camel  because they don’t understand the free market and didn’t want 8 year olds to be free to chose whatever brand of cigarette they prefer all over you.

Stick with the Dew. Their pockets are plenty deep and gamer demographics are the sweet spot of their target market. They’ll pay extra.

Thanks for the valuable feedback folks. We definitely want to see more players making use of shops, so let's see if we can get them in a better place. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Thanks for the valuable feedback folks. We definitely want to see more players making use of shops, so let's see if we can get them in a better place. 🙂

There you go jat 👍 good to see response. If I were you guys I would get rid of the upkeep all together, at least until the shops have been fully tested.

4 hours ago, Jatheish said:

First off thanks for the response. Despite what others say/think in my experience you (GS) have good communication with players, listen to feedback, and I think that is a very good thing. 

That said I think they need to be more than just "getting them to a better place". Getting them to a better place implies they are actually functioning. These are not functioning. They "technically" work, but a 14k upkeep cost for selling honey, at 1 gold a minute is not even functioning. No one can actually use vendors right now. That is straight broken and unusable. There is NOBODY, that can use these, sell things, and make a profit of any kind. My island upkeep is insanely lower. So you can own and upkeep an entire island, but if you want to sell honey its going to cost thousands and thousands of gold in upkeep? 

I think this issue needs to be bumped up in priority as basically every one wants to be able to do this. And nobody can.

9 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Woah woah woah. Let’s not paint everyone with the same broad brushstrokes here. Others may have been providing “valuable feedback” in this thread, but *I* have been goofing off. My valuable feedback lies elsewhere. Here I have mostly been threatenening cartoon levels of violence and dreaming up get rich quick schemes.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Also Jat pm me about my idea for a secret no bid selection process regarding the naming rights for the upcoming Auction house. Just want to make sure they get awarded to the proper parties me.

59 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Woah woah woah. Let’s not paint everyone with the same broad brushstrokes here. Others may have been providing “valuable feedback” in this thread, but *I* have been goofing off. My valuable feedback lies elsewhere. Here I have mostly been threatenening cartoon levels of violence and dreaming up get rich quick schemes.

Just wanted to set the record straight.

Also Jat pm me about my idea for a secret no bid selection process regarding the naming rights for the upcoming Auction house. Just want to make sure they get awarded to the proper parties me.

@Jatheish both boomer and I want auction houses. 

just make it an auction house and the game will be awesome 

2 minutes ago, Realist said:

And Please No Auction House's....  Fix and get Vendors right but the moment you put in an AH is the moment you take any chance this game ever had of being a decent game with Trading and Economy and toss it right out the window!!!  It will instantly devolve into World of Warcraft type theme Park crap economy!!!  Ultima Online and Star Wars Galaxies did Economy right with Vendors!!! Learn from them....

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Realist said:

Where did I put my bazooka?

*rumages*

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 5:59 PM, Realist said:

to be honest I wouldn’t mind seeing it die on pc though.

Your optimism is unrealistic. It will never die on pc due to mods.

Please, please no auction houses!  🤞 This is such an old and tired idea.  I'd love to build a cute little town with shops and stuff.  Been waiting for a game to do that for years now.  Bases are already close to being useless.  And if we can sell ships and tames that would be totally awesome.  I can see myself sailing around everywhere to see what ppl are selling, what they are pricing stuff and so on.  Lot's of game play there.  But an auction house will just make it so boring.  One stop shopping like Walmart or Amazon.  No one else will ever be able to compete on their own claims and so all you will have left will be the auction house.

Edited by Dhara

15 minutes ago, Dhara said:

Please, please no auction houses!  🤞 This is such an old and tired idea.  I'd love to build a cute little town with shops and stuff.  Been waiting for a game to do that for years now.  Bases are already close to being useless.  And if we can sell ships and tames that would be totally awesome.  I can see myself sailing around everywhere to see what ppl are selling, what they are pricing stuff and so on.  Lot's of game play there.  But an auction house will just make it so boring.  One stop shopping like Walmart or Amazon.  No one else will ever be able to compete on their own claims and so all you will have left will be the auction house.

Not everyone is going to want to sail across the map to buy some wood. Freeports should be the place for the player shops.

not just that but if people did sale that far and then the seller didn’t have what they wanted they would be pissed.

i am still all for an auction house. I like one stop shopping

On 4/18/2019 at 5:46 PM, Realist said:

Not everyone is going to want to sail across the map to buy some wood. Freeports should be the place for the player shops.

not just that but if people did sale that far and then the seller didn’t have what they wanted they would be pissed.

i am still all for an auction house. I like one stop shopping

Unless, of course, you live on an island near me, or see my shop passing by, right?  Freeport is a long trip for some players.

7 minutes ago, Dhara said:

Unless, of course, you live on an island near me, or see my shop passing by, right?  Freeport is a long trip for some players.

Hey that’s cool. Odds are every other grid except the ones that touching yours will be closer to the Freeport.

but yeah if they sail by your island and happen to be sailing by on the right side of it and are also looking at your island then yeah that would be cool too 

Just now, Realist said:

Hey that’s cool. Odds are every other grid except the ones that touching yours will be closer to the Freeport.

but yeah if they sail by your island and happen to be sailing by on the right side of it and are also looking at your island then yeah that would be cool too 

Thank you for allowing me to have my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Dhara said:

Thank you for allowing me to have my opinion.

I think everyone should be allowed to have their opinion. Sorry if I lead you to believe otherwise