Realist

Player shops

When my kids set up a lemonade stand in the front yard, l like to charge them $250 a day. I don’t see the problem. 😉

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

According to another thread just to consolidate findings in this one location!  Player Shops can be put in free ports at the price of 1Gold Per Minute 2400 Gold per day lol!!!!!!!!

Very stupid smh. There should be rent for the damn player shops. Smh again 

EF7F566998E4D2926A19DBEBAE7061E1CC2ACD10

Set this shop up like 9 hours ago before i went to sleep, i already owe 700 gold when/if anything sells.  Iridium and honey .

• Like 1

Wow that is beyond dumb.  I'd love to hear the thought process behind this setup. 

"Hey guys we have a ton of succesful examples in gaming today.  What do you want to go with?"

"I want to be unique and do something nobody has ever done before!  Lets make player built shops that can be placed in Freeports!  To prevent Freeports from having 5 million of them we will charge 1 gold per minute!"

"Won't that inflate prices so people can't pay the costs?"

"They make enough gold to do this!  Never mine its 100k for a war token or 40k for a dragon!"

"While we're at it lets remove 6x when the March update launches in April so people have less gold to spend!"

Edited by DocHolliday

32 minutes ago, Keins Thallow said:

Set this shop up like 9 hours ago before i went to sleep, i already owe 700 gold when/if anything sells.  Iridium and honey .

Man, you are never going to get out of that hole. Smh. Wait a couple more days and you will have to sell a galleon to break even and then the upkeep just starts again 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now that’s a good idea! We should be able to sell titles to ships. Excellent idea. It would be a shipyard with all kinds of boats  ready to go. 

1 hour ago, Gomez Addams said:

Now that’s a good idea! We should be able to sell titles to ships. Excellent idea. It would be a shipyard with all kinds of boats  ready to go. 

The only winner would be the buyer though 😂 all the profit the seller made would go to the upkeep lol

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Hey guys I sold 4 brigs this week.  

How much did you make?

I only lost 1,000 gold this week!  

1440 x 7= 10080 cost of player shop maintenance for a week

coming up short 1k = 9080

divided by per brig = 2270 sale price per brig.

Since this makes your brigs less than 2 days worth of shop rent, it would be hard to argue you are overcharging for them. However any player considering purchasing one of your brigs would need to weigh whether the time needed to farm the gold was less than the the time needed to farm the mats to build the brig himself. For the sake of the illustration let’s assume the brig and all its components are of default quality. By careful analysis of comparing the relative time investment of each option we can clearly see that...

JK. It’s still patently absurb that shop rent should be a gold per minute, a fact that should be obvious even to brain dead lemurs on crack without any in depth analysis whatsoever.

• Like 2

I find it is annoying that the shop only last for 2 days and then auto demolish , the shop itself cost quite a lot materials .

Sure it will stop people from spamming them in freeport , but i would love it not go auto-demolish on other grids so can have a nice trading post .

5 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Hey guys I sold 4 brigs this week.  

How much did you make?

I only lost 1,000 gold this week!  

Nice 👍 😂

5 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

1440 x 7= 10080 cost of player shop maintenance for a week

coming up short 1k = 9080

divided by per brig = 2270 sale price per brig.

Since this makes your brigs less than 2 days worth of shop rent, it would be hard to argue you are overcharging for them. However any player considering purchasing one of your brigs would need to weigh whether the time needed to farm the gold was less than the the time needed to farm the mats to build the brig himself. For the sake of the illustration let’s assume the brig and all its components are of default quality. By careful analysis of comparing the relative time investment of each option we can clearly see that...

JK. It’s still patently absurb that shop rent should be a gold per minute, a fact that should be obvious even to brain dead lemurs on crack without any in depth analysis whatsoever.

Exactly. No upkeep whatsoever. I mean if they REALLY want to add a tax that the seller pays then fine(not really fine), but oh well.

upkeep is stupid. Especially for someone starting a new “small business” that nobody knows about yet. Jesus Christ 

41 minutes ago, kampfer91 said:

I find it is annoying that the shop only last for 2 days and then auto demolish , the shop itself cost quite a lot materials .

Sure it will stop people from spamming them in freeport , but i would love it not go auto-demolish on other grids so can have a nice trading post .

That is the thing though. If they have enough slots for merchandise they wouldn’t need to spam and it would actually be detrimental to do so.

HOLY $@“$! There is an auto decay timer as well? Only 2 days? 

Damn it jat. Wtf man.

1 minute ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Found one in the wild right after reading this thread.

ATLAS 4_16_2019 6_28_20 AM.jpg

Well they tested it all right. Shortly after they said “screw this” 😂

3 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Was able to open it and this is what I saw.

ATLAS 4_16_2019 6_28_39 AM.jpg

Forgive me for not playing the game, but it looks like someone dropped their “trash” inventory into that player shop lol

Just now, SIEGEGUN said:

Was able to open it and this is what I saw.

ATLAS 4_16_2019 6_28_39 AM.jpg

This upkeep is roughly 2-3 crewmen cost a day. It is blurry because I had to scale it down (500k pic limit). But in case you can not ready it, it says 7/100000, upkeep cost 1 gold charged approximately every 238 min.  Not sure how this all works. I think I will put one up myself when I log in and figure it out.

Just now, Realist said:

Forgive me for not playing the game, but it looks like someone dropped their “trash” inventory into that player shop lol

LOL I did not buy anything! just happened to see it right after this post when I logged in.

• Like 1

My neighbour tested it also, he put things in for me to take out for 1 gold just to test it out and it's not worth the hassle right now unless you've got more gold than you know what to do with.

The upkeep cost is insane, I was hoping to build one eventually but now I know what it's like i'll leave it until they fix it hopefully. I don't know why they couldn't just have 1 NPC in a freeport and when you click E goto something like "available shops" then it brings you a list of all shops people have. You could have just a search function also, type what you want, it brings up available player shops then buy there and then from NPC.

Auction house would be also fun but not sure if they are going down that route, probably not.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Keins Thallow said:

upkeep?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

fix this system...

1 hour ago, DannyUK said:

My neighbour tested it also, he put things in for me to take out for 1 gold just to test it out and it's not worth the hassle right now unless you've got more gold than you know what to do with.

The upkeep cost is insane, I was hoping to build one eventually but now I know what it's like i'll leave it until they fix it hopefully. I don't know why they couldn't just have 1 NPC in a freeport and when you click E goto something like "available shops" then it brings you a list of all shops people have. You could have just a search function also, type what you want, it brings up available player shops then buy there and then from NPC.

Auction house would be also fun but not sure if they are going down that route, probably not.

Auction house would be antithetical to one of the core ideas of Atlas.

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

Auction house would be antithetical to one of the core ideas of Atlas.

Yeah but it would be cool though

6 minutes ago, Realist said:

Yeah but it would be cool though

If they put an auction house in because of you guys, so help me dog I'm gonna shoot you all in the face with a bazooka.

Upkeep is fine, the entire game is based off upkeep. But 1 gold a minute!?! WTF Grapeshot? This is not even mathematically viable for making a profit. This is not for companies with just lots of gold this just does not make money and that is the point of having a vendor, to make money off it. You literally can only sell at a loss because the upkeep is so out of whack. 

My island upkeep is nowhere near this. So I have to spend 300-500 gold a day to upkeep an entire island, but its 1 gold per .98 minutes for just selling honey? 

HEAR THAT JAT AND FRIENDS? NO ONE SELLS THINGS JUST TO SELL THEM AT A LOSS! EITHER EXPLAIN THIS SYSTEM IN DEPTH AND/OR FIX THIS! 

3 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

If they put an auction house in because of you guys, so help me dog I'm gonna shoot you all in the face with a bazooka.

I serious doubt your aim is that good 😂