Sign in to follow this  
Winter Thorne

Another new take on the missing NA pve

This was said in discord to the people upset about NA pve - 

From Dollie "Think of it as a merged PvE network (because it has to be hosted somewhere) with a potential bonus merged one coming in the future shrug"

So apparently it's now a "potential" server, and pve is "merged servers", and we were all supposed to go start over there or something.  If we all went there now, we could really test how it feels to start the game 8 months down the road when all the land is gone.  Doesn't that sound like fun?

And if there's an NA pve it's going to be some sort of bonus and merged.

shrug

(written and deleted 4 different comments about communication skills and remedies for tone-deafness here)

Makes me wonder if this was the intent all along.... 

if so, it’s a pretty shitty way to treat the NA PVEers..... lead us to believe the NA PVE server is a for sure thing so we might or might not jump in on the land rush when the EU PVE server went live....

by the time the NA players find out that if they wanted land they had to compete with the EU land rush it’s too late.....

the terms of service and common decency prevent me from expressing how I feel about Dolly and the rest of the Grapeshot team.....

Edited by Salty Jack
  • Thanks 1

I have already committed to EU PVE. So they are stuck with me regardless of when or whatever the devs decide. I’ll switch back to NA after Wipe #2. 

• Like 1

My suggestion, open NA PvE with all lawless and structure upkeep like originally announced.   The EU would be the large group server, and NA would be small group server.

Since NA is small group server pillar spam would not be needed and punished with  Admin action is company structure wipe.

People that like the large companies would have a place, as would people that like small ones.   Personally I like EU players on the server with us Na players

Edited by José Gaspar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, José Gaspar said:

My suggestion, open NA PvE with all lawless and structure upkeep like originally announced.   The EU would be the large group server, and NA would be small group server.

Since NA is small group server pillar spam would not be needed and punished with  Admin action is company structure wipe.

People that like the large companies would have a place, as would people that like small ones.   Personally I like EU players on the server with us Na players

I had wondered why they didn't do 2 flavors of pve, one with the improved original claims (limited flags and no ocean claims), and the other with this new island settlement system.  Let people vote with their feet, and they could see what the player feedback really is, instead of collecting opinions from 3 random tweets, and 6 guys who live on discord, and spending 2 months making their dreams become reality.  😁

also -  nothing will ever work "with admin action" except on the private servers.  In-game CS ain't what it used to be.

4 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

In-game CS ain't what it used to be.

So you’re saying they have in-game customer service now? 😉

• Haha 1

I think we are staying on EU Pve till the next wipe, i was a little concered if there would be ping issues playing on the EU server, but so far I haven't seen over 50 ping, which is what I averaged on NA PVE before the wipe announcment

• Like 1

If they were going to do that they should have been upfront and clear about it. Now people who were waiting on the NA PVE server lost their chance to claim islands. It doesn't affect me because I plan to build on lawless but they need to be clear if they are or aren't planning on putting up the NA PVE. This mixed message will only upset more customers.