Sign in to follow this  
kampfer91

The new claiming system .

Of course not. 

We built in lawless again. But even if we had wanted to claim an island, there aren't any left now. 

And in lawless the pillar/four station spam is horrible. One company where we are has about 500 foundations spammed all along the coast on one side of the island. Its mental! 

This is why we said that simply limiting claim flags to so many per company based on its member count would fix a lot, because it would have. Or, at this point, give each company 2 claim blocks for every 10 people they have in it with a hard cap at 10 claim blocks. If you cant build outside your claim block area then you cant foundation/pillar spam, right?

But no. We have 'this' instead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/12/2019 at 6:51 AM, Salty Del said:

It’s been live for less than 24 hours, but I already have several concerns about the new claim system for PvE.

There is a very finite supply of islands that a solo or small company is capable of claiming. After the 15 and 23 point islands are claimed, I think that the next point value is 53. The island points that a company can have seems to be 30 + 1 for every additional member. My wife and I have 32 island points available to use.

This means that to claim even the 53 point islands, you need a minimum company size of 23. That’s quite the jump from solo, or a few friends. There is also a possibility of a large company starting off in small pieces to claim several of the smaller islands, only to merge together later.

Multiple people can try to claim the same island at the same time. You end up with a confrontation with the claimers basically griefing each other until the other(s) give up. And if you’re the one that ends up losing, congratulations! You’ve lost the claim AND the gold it cost to drop the claim flag, so in the early rush you may not be able to even try again.

The tax rates seem to default to 50%. 30% was stupid enough, but now in PvE you give up half of everything you farm, including gold from treasure chests, to the claim owner. Now the settlement owners can just sit there with a 50% tax rate and not have to do anything.

The whole setup feels like it’s intended to cater to large companies. I haven’t done a count yet, but I believe that the majority of the islands will only be claimable by very large companies.

Unless the small companies are lucky enough to get a claim early, lawless is looking like the only really viable option. Which is probably just as well, since getting gold after the islands are claimed getting gold will be twice as hard, since you’ll only get half as much.

I know I’m being a bit pessimistic saying this, but they’ve really made me feel like they don’t care about PvE at all, aside from the cash the PvE players bring in when they first buy it. They remove one of the PvE maps to add a third PvP map, they setup PvE to almost solely benefit large companies, and it really seems that they didn’t think this through at all.

The old system definitely had major flaws, but I think it was way better than this new claim system, at least for PvE.

You need a company size of 11 to claim a 53 pt island. 11 people gives 54 island pts. I know because we claimed one. 

Bottom line the new claim system is pure $HYT. There is absolutely no way for smaller companies (5 or less) to own land. Even if we were lucky enough to get an isle, 244 gold per day for us would mean doing nothing but looking for gold so having an isle at that point is useless. The game is ruined and doomed to fail.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2019 at 11:49 AM, kampfer91 said:

In the end we still have same problem as before 

Not really the same problem, now the foundation spamer has 10 days to refresh his cooldown...

34 minutes ago, Nordist said:

Not really the same problem, now the foundation spamer has 10 days to refresh his cooldown...

hopefully, per connected structure maintenance will come ad help with this.   Time will tell if this is a problem

• Thanks 1

They should make it that any company can only own one island. Also, have slightly more points for additional company members. Also, have much more low points islands.

As it is now, it doesn't work.

• Like 1

alguien me puede decir como conseguir los puntos que necesito para reclamar una isla?

On 4/12/2019 at 5:57 AM, Daemon Cross said:

You can still live on the islands, you may pay taxes but you can live there. Joining a large company doesn’t solve anything as far as owning land goes, your still living on someone else’s land.  

Your either going to be a owner, tenant or hobo. The Choice Is Yours. 

STRUESKILLS  not all caps but thought it would put my name when i replied And this comment is too atlas devs Sad im a solo player and i can take groups on ive even before they made the map smaller which the map being big was what brought me here to start now thats gone almost took a small island over by myself and now its like im playing rust cause no matter how good u are now this game just din intend anyone solo to be good enough to play i guess i miss the days when solo kids could play and destroy like halo u could have a team but u could still play solo this game is completely different point is and sorry bout the spelling that i pray on kinda still my fav game they change the glider back to normal and make it so solo people have some chance to take over islands not everyone likes having a team and being bossed around smh look at the world u think nyone is gonna find a chill group easily when everyone is more apart than ever trust me its not gonna bring people closer look im just saying what most solo players feel or say there self please make it so solo players can play the part of the game thats not just building fighting with no objective.

Edited by Strueskills

What we really need is instanced freeports where people live and the islands are for treasure hunting/resource hunting. 

I see another way. All shore contains several "zones" to claim. Solo and few players company can claim one zone. Big company - several zones. Megas - whole island but just one.

In the middle of each island - all danger located. All treasures, alpha's nests, rare resources etc. And it's either forbidden to build structures, or free build for all but with rapid decay timer like 12 or 24 hours, with no way to extend it.

I mentioned my ideas to claim system here : )

Unfortunatelly DEVs will have to redone hell alot for that to happen : )

Edited by George Catcher