UDO

is this what u envisioned devs

small islands taken over by small / solo players , and are refusing to let anyone build quoting "this island is too small anything u build will be destroyed" 

nice work on this claim system that no one wanted or asked for , well done 

• Like 3

Can't say I'm surprised and knew this would happen. This new system didn't fix any of the real problems and actually made the issue of owning land worse since even fewer people will own an actual island. I predict that the lawless regions will once again be the most active grids because many people don't want to live at the mercy of someone else. I really do like the game but the issue of land ownership is hurting the game overall population. I probably just grab a place on lawless when NA PVE comes up.

8 minutes ago, TheSeer said:

Can't say I'm surprised and knew this would happen. This new system didn't fix any of the real problems and actually made the issue of owning land worse since even fewer people will own an actual island. I predict that the lawless regions will once again be the most active grids because many people don't want to live at the mercy of someone else. I really do like the game but the issue of land ownership is hurting the game overall population. I probably just grab a place on lawless when NA PVE comes up.

ivre set up on one of the larger islands as noone so far has the company members or the gold to claim one , so heres hoping this can become my main base , without any issues if and when the larger company come claim it ,

i have placed foundations in an area that i think will suit my needs , main base and holding pen nothing too big , enough to have a bit of room to swing a cat 🙂 and make a small good looking base 

Edited by UDO

shame the the devs didnt think ab out what players are like , teh last claim system should have given them an idea that players wether solo ro large companys wanted and claimed entire islands for themselfs , how they thought this system was going to be any better i dont know 

Still Plenty Islands to claim And Plenty with really low taxes who wants tennants. But there are Plenty of dicks too out there sadly. But think atleast some of them will loose their claims sooner or later due to the upkeep Costs.

All they have to do now is monitor and tweek the upkeep so that it's hard to maintain an island without a big group or settlers to reduce the cost. but you can't do that before things settle down, so i'm happy to wait.

Remember to bin the maps for islands with 40-50% taxes.

45 minutes ago, Jack Shandy said:

All they have to do now is monitor and tweek the upkeep so that it's hard to maintain an island without a big group or settlers to reduce the cost. but you can't do that before things settle down, so i'm happy to wait.

Remember to bin the maps for islands with 40-50% taxes.

I am building on a lrger island so far noone has bothered anyone else so here hoping ,

The Colony system is a clear deterioration. Have played the last few days Boundless and have to say that you could have looked there once a decent claim system. It makes sense to play together and even brings advantages to the players instead of penalizing players with stupid tax systems.

The old system was fine all they had to do was limit the number of flags a company could put down. And i mean really limit like 2-3 as you do not need an entire island for a 5 man group.

• Like 6

They will tweak it based on player feed back, remember to give your feedback across all communication systems they have in place.

Also remember that it’s going to be majority based, land owners won’t be complaining taxes are to high or they have the island set to allow only company or allies to build.

One messed up system after the other 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daemon Cross said:

They will tweak it based on player feed back, remember to give your feedback across all communication systems they have in place.

Also remember that it’s going to be majority based, land owners won’t be complaining taxes are to high or they have the island set to allow only company or allies to build.

One messed up system after the other 

this new system works well on pvp but definalty not designed for pve , with all the selfish players that play this game as shown with the first claim system , 

in my opinion, there was never a problem with the system. The only problems are unmanaged servers with players like asholes, who claimed anything. 

Then there was a problem, go back to the old claim system, limit claims, stop overlapping claim flags, remove sea claims and police your own land.

Why do I need an Island claim with a new10 day decay on Lawless? I choose spam over taxes and EU over NA because NA is NA (not available)

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gomez Addams said:

Why do I need an Island claim with a new10 day decay on Lawless? I choose spam over taxes and EU over NA because NA is NA (not available)

Lawless has 10 day decay too now? So there is absolutely no benefit of building on someone's settlement in PvE? 🤔

What We saw last night was 10 days on foundations, 40 days on chests, 25 or 30 on the smithy. The coming spam grief war is the only thing that concerns me. But at least I’m free of the ‘slave overlords’ as Talono says lol.

Pre-patch, we managed to have at least half of an island with everything we need, because we simply were first on it. We were very social, had nice neighbors, let everyone built, but so many players cried about not having their own island, so they announced their stupid wipe.

We left before the wipe and started yesterday again right after the patch, I think it was about 9 pm MEZ.

We sailed the whole night and hardly could find unclaimed land anymore, and we realized that with the 12 hourly pays, it is simply not possible for 2-3 people (with jobs and a reallife) to pay the upkeep costs - at least at the beginning, where you want to get started and build your base and ships. Therefore many bigger companies claimed smaller island for the start, and I'm pretty sure even if they can afford the bigger ones, they won't give the smaller islands back. Some islands are again full with foundation and pillar spam.
We stopped playing at 6 am MEZ, as we "lost" an island - it was declared as an unclaimed settlement, so we placed the flag, not knowing that it is not showing if someone already had placed one. I'm pretty sure they already destroyed everything we built. As we waisted so much time searching for an island, I'm pretty sure the best spots on lawless islands are already taken.

So...
a) your new claiming system sucks, all we need was the existing claiming system with a limitation to the flags.
b) there are again far too few small islands for solo players and small groups with 3-5 players. Yeah, they COULD group up, but you said the game will be more easy for solo and casual players. So I don't get that point.
b) your new "quests" are again only for bigger companies
c) if I'm crying long and loud enough and stomp my feet because I can't have my own island right now, will you wipe again? Would only be fair, ya know :classic_dry:

You deserve those bad reviews on steam, as long as you don't start to listen what your players say.
Yes, it is your game, but we - the players - are the one who pay you. It's all about the cash.

• Like 5

Terrible how this claiming is done. No more little islands for little companies.

Unreal Grapeshot, you completely killed it.

Game is dead. D.E.A.D. and you did it all by yourselves.

I'm done with this idiotic hype. I'm going for a refund due to reversing game mechanics.

Screw you Grapeshot. "40% extra islands" better claiming system, this all SUCKS.

Been online for 16 hours to get 1 island, sailed for 6 hours, tried 4 islands. Way to go Grapeshit.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

2 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Terrible how this claiming is done. No more little islands for little companies.

Unreal Grapeshot, you completely killed it.

Game is dead. D.E.A.D. and you did it all by yourselves.

And for lot of ppl who claim islands already. 

Ow, I forgot a lot of ppl who don’t care about personal island and can use big ones.

it’s fun to look how you guys crying. No one make an secret when servers up. So for comfort game after, you have to do only one thing - claim faster then rest.

Have you been ? Seems no.

And again. You still can make base on big islands. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, VaskaX said:

And for lot of ppl who claim islands already. 

Ow, I forgot a lot of ppl who don’t care about personal island and can use big ones.

it’s fun to look how you guys crying. No one make an secret when servers up. So for comfort game after, you have to do only one thing - claim faster then rest.

Have you been ? Seems no.

And again. You still can make base on big islands. 

Up from last night, so YES, very busy sailing around and trying to get a little island. Know what happens now? Alot of people join up togheter, claim a big island and then leave the company. Hellooooo eploit and griefing and not an admin in sight on servers.

Yep, real good job Grapeshit.

4 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Up from last night, so YES, very busy sailing around and trying to get a little island. Know what happens now? Alot of people join up togheter, claim a big island and then leave the company. Hellooooo eploit and griefing and not an admin in sight on servers.

Yep, real good job Grapeshit.

Rolf. 

Well, if they all leave tribe then no one can pay for claim.

Just wait 12h and claim disappear.

I think it’s nice.

Much better then old system. 

as i postED earlier in thread i just set up on a lrge island , hoping i dont end up with dick lanlords .