UDO

is this what u envisioned devs

12 minutes ago, VaskaX said:

And again. You still can make base on big islands. 

It will be fun to see when the big islands will be claimed and your base wrecked because you had built on the wrong spot.

• Like 1

Just now, VaskaX said:

Rolf. 

Well, if they all leave tribe then no one can pay for claim.

Just wait 12h and claim disappear.

I think it’s nice.

Much better then old system. 

It's aload of crap.

Within 3 months a new wipe, more people pissed and less players. We're being forced into unofficials and no singleplayer option. Utterly BS.

1 minute ago, UDO said:

as i postED earlier in thread i just set up on a lrge island , hoping i dont end up with dick lanlords .

Not an admin to be seen to control this mess.

Soon a new wipe will be incoming, loads of players leave the game within 2 weeks.

7 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

It will be fun to see when the big islands will be claimed and your base wrecked because you had built on the wrong spot.

Then make company which ppl who around you. And claim island by yourself. 

It’s a social game. 

Just yell in local - I sure a lot afraid same things 

26 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

why will it be fun? is that the sort of thing that you would do ?

the system the devs devised does not work for pve , 

also players can build right next to your walls in all areas ,was this intended to have all areas as lawless style resource spawns and building rules ?

this is a concern as a toxic player could climb over your pen wall and build all your tames in so u cant move them , the no build radius needs to come back and fast before we start seeing instances of this happening , or build right around the outside of your base walling you in ?

Edited by UDO

Sorry for asking that harsh but After Reading some comments here im wondering how you are even able to turn a pc on. Searching And sailing 6 hours right After release And cant find a claimable Island? I mean u can open  your atlas And See every Island with taxes owner And points u Need to claim them, it cant be easier. Also inviting People to your Company for Island points And then kick them? You for sure know that the Island points decrease And your ownership gets removed then. No small Islands Free anymore? A Single player is able to claim 2 Tier 15 Islands And there are many left which a solo player or small Company could claim. But yeah there wont be 44000 Islands for each player who wants to Play a massive Multiplayer survival Game. Also i was on 20 grids so far an none Said they would delete your structures. Also there is only a handful of Islands with a 50% tax. Sure no landlord would complain about taxes, cause they all got 6 kinda of each Ressource on the Island And Dont Need to Pay  taxes .  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VaskaX said:

it’s fun to look how you guys crying. No one make an secret when servers up. So for comfort game after, you have to do only one thing - claim faster then rest.

56 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

38 minutes ago, UDO said:

Reading often prevents misunderstandings.
I only react stupid to a stupid comment.

7 minutes ago, zottel said:

Sorry for asking that harsh but After Reading some comments here im wondering how you are even able to turn a pc on. Searching And sailing 6 hours right After release And cant find a claimable Island? I mean u can open  your atlas And See every Island with taxes owner And points u Need to claim them, it cant be easier. Also inviting People to your Company for Island points And then kick them? You for sure know that the Island points decrease And your ownership gets removed then. No small Islands Free anymore? A Single player is able to claim 2 Tier 15 Islands And there are many left which a solo player or small Company could claim. But yeah there wont be 44000 Islands for each player who wants to Play a massive Multiplayer survival Game. Also i was on 20 grids so far an none Said they would delete your structures. Also there is only a handful of Islands with a 50% tax. Sure no landlord would complain about taxes, cause they all got 6 kinda of each Ressource on the Island And Dont Need to Pay  taxes .  

No, it's not that easy, as you can't see it on the map when somebody already placed a flag, but don't own the island yet.
And sailing around for hours just to see that the island is claimed when you finally arrived there - you need the gold, you can't just hop from island to island - is just disappointing.
Yes, there are some small islands left in the polar zone, but you can't get there without fur clothing.

And, my little naive friend - what they say and what they do are two different things. Keep that in mind.

4 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

1 hour ago, VaskaX said:

it’s fun to look how you guys crying. No one make an secret when servers up. So for comfort game after, you have to do only one thing - claim faster then rest.

1 hour ago, Tinschn said:

52 minutes ago, UDO said:

Reading often prevents misunderstandings.
I only react stupid to a stupid comment.

5 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

No, it's not that easy, as you can't see it on the map when somebody already placed a flag, but don't own the island yet.

Bah, now I see where problem is.

You don’t need to react stupid.

You have to react faster. Try next time and I sure you be landlord also.

Another way get your own company and claim big island.

Or live in fear for you base.

5 minutes ago, VaskaX said:

How fast should we able to react?
We instantly started downloading the patch yesterday and as we finally could play, there were barely claimed islands. Many grids were still completely empty.

Maybe we only had extremly bad luck with our sailing route, but I swear, every small island (15-35 points) on our way was already competitive right after the start.

11 minutes ago, Tinschn said:

Maybe we only had extremly bad luck

Maybe.

I spend 1,5hour for downloading patch.

Spawn on port, buy ship and sail to 15p island, grab all treasure box on the way.

1,5-2 hour to sailing and I been at island with 100 gold in my pocket.

Another 2h to claim(someone always contest it) and I got island.

Luck? Idk, just done what I planned before.

37 minutes ago, VaskaX said:

that should not be a thing if the game wishes for long term growth. kinda says, if you don't play day one, don't bother.

It seems the game is back to square one with people not being able to claim anything or being bullied of their plot. As i said ages ago, this is a pirate game, not sure why there is even a landlord system, but if they're set on this then allow players to live on their ships like pirates would, it would mean if a player isn't able to get a spot or doesn't want to deal with a overseer, then they have the option of being their own master.

Create a ship and place a flag or something on it, which sets it as your home, increasing stats to allow living to be manageable, which also could open up more skill lines or stats to further customize and improve ship living.

• Like 1

We downloaded the patch with 10 mb/s , so that wasn't our problem at all.
Spawned at the upper Western Temperature at a Freeport, built a Ramshackle Sloop, sailed through Golden Age ruins to gather gold and then looked there for an island. Then went to Upper Western Tropics, Equatorial, Lower Western Tropics and Temperate. We sailed way more over 10 grids in 9 hours, checking every small island, with no luck.

Edited by Tinschn

1 hour ago, zottel said:

, first 3 i visited the message on screen, or signs on beaches  was stating dont bother building we will delete your stuff , using such excuses as this island isnt big enough for more than one player , 

there are not enough claims for everyone to be free from landlords , dont make out that it was easy to get an island , the old claim system should have stayed with limits on the amount of flags per company 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

Many Gigabytes to update and setup that new claim system, to fail again...

A .ini file with less than 1 Kb with the solution: #flaglimitnumber = "Put here a number"

Good job dev's.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JotaCe said:

Many Gigabytes to update and setup that new claim system, to fail again...

A .ini file with less than 1 Kb with the solution: #flaglimitnumber = "Put here a number"

Good job dev's.

Pretty much. I was trying to keep an open mind about trying a new claim system, but the simplest is always the best and was suggested by others and myself. Limit the flags, increase radius a little, done